What was your favourite GTA? Mine has to be GTA San Andreas because of the story...

What was your favourite GTA? Mine has to be GTA San Andreas because of the story, the awesome characters and the soundtrack :)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SjtyGDOPgRw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't have a favourite, because I've never played any GTA games

GTA IV ,never understood why it was hated so much.

Me too, in all honesty. The physics engine was SOOO much better than GTA V's. I used to spend hours pushing people over the edges of ledges/stairs etc... because the physics made it so realistic haha

Gta San Andreas
Gta v
Gta vice city
Gta iv
Gta iii
Gta stories
Gta ii
In that order

GTA San Andreas was the best.
I finished it first (using cheats when I was 7 years old)
Today, at 18 years old I have finished San Andreas 7 more times without any cheats.
Secondly it's GTA V
I never played GTA IV because I hated how grey and sad looked Liberty City.

but that's what made gta iv so good
the atmosphere
so fucking good

This.
GTA IV was much more serious than other games ,that's why I liked it.

I think that's what they were trying to capture.

Dlcs also made IV pretty good.

IV's online system was good, wish they implemented it into V.

yeah it made me feel something more

Yeah, IV has been the only game that I bought all of the DLC for. I just wanted to keep playing that thing. The Biker DLC was the worst but even that was an OK play.

I only played the PS1 and PS2 GTAs. I loved the 3rd one since it was such a novelty to run around a 3D city crashing cars and killing people.
Something about the color palette of the next two games made me feel sick, San Andreas especially looked muddy.
I hated the slippery handling of all the vehicles in all the PS2 games.
The thing that ruined the games for me was the awful draw distance. I wanted to be able to shoot people with a sniper rifle but if I moved a realistic distance away (such as to the roof of a building), all the pedestrians and cars vanished so there was nothing to shoot. I'm aware that this happens due to system limitations and still occurs even in games like Metal Gear Solid V (though not nearly as severely), but it still ruined it for me.
I loved the radio stations the most, that was extremely entertaining.

i didnt play GTA:SA not sure why, think i was into pills n rave, but Vice City is my personal fave , the sountrack, cars, fashion, just the general 80's style of coke n biscuits, fkn loved GTA4 for cops n robbers, sum epic shit

>fkn loved GTA4 for cops n robbers, sum epic shit
What is that? A mini game? Or were the police chases just well done? I didn't play it.

it was multiplayer mode,, about 10 crims start running then 10 cops (other players) try catch the crims over the entire city, fkn sweet shit, best thing about the game for me

Sounds awesome

The cool thing about all this is that I remember playing the OG GTA and a lot of the mechanics have carried through to now.

It was mostly stealing cars, but you did have to wait for a call to get model and location.
Then if you needed money you could go to a building and get, "jobs" to go do.
Also the out run the cops to get your wanted level down, rival car gangs, it's just interesting to see how much DNA the OG has in it.

First game I played was GTA 2. It blew me away. The idea of killing people, running from cops, killing the cops, getting a tank and going mass murderer, fucking nuts.
Then GTA 3. HOLY FUCKING SHIT IN 3D. Awesome cars, fun missions, etc.
Then Vice City, aka actual GTA 4. It had a lot more story going for it, and it was fun, and the world was bigger, but it seemed like they rushed it, the graphics were shit compared to GTA 3. Still played the fuck out of it. Loved having that mansion on the island.
Then San Andreas, aka actual GTA 5. Crazy bigger. Shit graphics. Lots of missions. Game went on forever. So many side quests and missions by the time I got to the end I didn't even relate anymore. Kind of annoyed there's huge forest areas and zero wildlife. Internet actually makes excuse that you can't shoot animals in a video game. um...but hookers are fair game? I would say San Andreas topped them all, but for some reason I still liked GTA 3's graphics better even if at this point SA was technically smoother.

GTA 4 aka actually GTA 6. No planes. somehow everything seems more limited. Just part of fake New York for entire game. Can't free play because assholes won't stop calling me with missions. Stupid ass missions. My character is angry stupid euro trash. Only thing I liked is you can get drunk and everyone is on their cell phone all the time. Good social commentary.
GTA 5 aka actual GTA 7, and if you think the numbers were reserved for the "core" of fake new york, WHY THE FUCK IS THIS ONE CALLED 5? Shouldn't it be "GTA San Andreas 2"?
How about the iPhone? IPHONE 7 SHOULD BE IPHONE 11.
iphone = 1
iphone 3g = 2
iphone 3gs = 3
iphone 4 = 4 BACK ON TRACK
iphone 4s = 5 AW FUCK
iphone 5 = 6 WHAT?
iphone 5s = 7 PLEASE FIX IN NEXT
iphone 6 = 8 NOOO GOD DAMMIT YOU CHANGED THE CONVENTION AGAIN
iphone 6s = 9 I don't even
iphone SE = 10 Fuck it
iphone 7 = 11 sure. Call it 7. Why the fuck not.

Oh and I assume GTA FAKE 5 ACTUAL 7 is the best but I haven't played.

Are you on crack?

Liberty city and San Andreas

Should say GTA San Andreas because of the memories and the perfect timing of it. I enjoyed both GTA IV and V, cant decide which is second.

Vice City or kill yourself, bro.

GTA San Andreas
then GTA 4
then GTA 3
Never played 5 I kinda dropped it after the 4th one it just got repetitive like cod.

Tough call. I like all of them really. Gta san andreas, gta IV and V are top three, but I can't place one over the other 2. I know V got a lot of shit, but it was a fun game with a lot of shit to do.

Yeah I loved not being able to swim. Take off the nostalgia glasses, Vice City was decent at best, at least compared to newer GTAs.

GTA Vice City (Best soundtrack, Good Gameplay, the main character was awesome, 80s).
GTA IV
The others are just others.

VIce city... needs to be redone in VR

GTA Vice city for its the everything, until V has come to. GTA 5 is perfect in nearly every way. Except the physic engine from 4 should have been reused. That aside the characters,alone trevor is the bottled version of every GTA player. Idc for the radiostations.music was still dope.

GTA 1 for sure.

flawless logic.

>gta 8.1 = gta 8 + dlc

Exactly. I could get lost in that game.

San andreas
youtube.com/watch?v=SjtyGDOPgRw

Saints's Row 2 was my favourite GTA.

GTA 2 I loved just stealing cars and turning them into powerups

Yo stfu

Kys

Were you more of a Saint's Row 3 person? Or Saint's Row 4?

Honestly we need a remastered version of san andreas, with gta v graphics, that would be the only reason i'd buy a console

Vice city. Although that was also the reason why I stopped playing games 10+ years ago. I remember my anger-fits on the helicopter mission. I remember being close to kill someone literally... but I was on the top of the world when I managed to spin it to 100%. Have not really played since. I tried San Andreas, but it was not the same for me.

GTA III was great. It was worth playing just to listen to Chatterbox. No other radio station since has been anywhere near as good. I still listen to it occasionally on youtube.

i like to listen to my real life cars radio