20 20 20 20 VISION

20 20 20 20 VISION
CUPID HIT ME CUPID HIT ME WITH PRECISION

why is this shit so catchy

also tyler thread

Who the fuck cares about Tyler, it's not 2011 anymore

Why are you like this? Did you even listen to the album?

FIND SOME TIME...
FIND SOME TIME TO DO SOMETHING...

Idk...his huge cult fanbase and the people who need critics to tell them when an album is good or not? Tyler is still wholly relevant, even after 2 albums that were absolutely shit on which has gotta mean something. Goblin was terrible and he still retained popularity. Cherry Bomb wasn't enjoyed by a lot of people and he was still liked. I think Tyler is here to stay.

>Bastard
Good
>Goblin
Mediocre
>Wolf
Great
>Cherry Bomb
Unfocused, mediocre
>SFFB
Focused, fantastic

His next album will be a sloppy pile of shit they'll effectively end his career.

nigga this is the only good record he's dropped

now is the only relevant time to talk about him

why is everyone saying he's gay now? he talked about a dude in like one song

right

horrible lyrics

I thought Cherry Bomb was pretty good

I disagree. They're a step up from previous works.
did you actually listen to the lyrics

Cherry Bomb hatred indicates to me what kind of Tyler fan you are. If you had liked it it would show that you genuinely enjoy his aesthetic and style and appreciated Cherry Bomb for a revisit of Old OF style with some new twists and turns. Your love of SFFB indicates your need for accessibility (or critical approval) and drab Tyler pop tunes. SFFB was good, but not great. Glitter and See You Again are blights on Tyler's catalog.

Seriously, why were people complaining about distorted, terrible mixing who's had clipping on beats that sound like they were made with a trash can? Tyler's thing has always been "shitty" weird beats but Wolf apparently spoiled the fans.

See You Again unironically sounds like a Steven Universe song

This is the kind of false flagging killing this board, by the way.

>False Flagging
What the FUCK are you talking about?

Which I wouldn't mind I guess...but in the context of Tyler? It doesn't even sound genuine. It sounds contrived as fuck. With Fucking Young at least when he did that poppy shit it sounded like he genuinely wanted to express it. Just my observation, See You Again, Boredom, Glitter, were his apology to fans for all of Cherry Bomb being so harsh.

shit is shit

>revisit of old of style
kek, what the fuck are you saying? First, I don't hate Goblin or Cherry Bomb but I can recognize when an album is mediocre. Smuckers, Fucking Young/Perfect, and Find Your Wings are my jams but that's like all I can remember from that album without looking at the tracklisting. Cherry Bomb is *not* a return to the "old OF style", if anything it's like a prototype for Flower Boy. He even has a bunch of the same features as he did before. To me, Flower Boy felt like Tyler took what he learned while he was writing Cherry Bomb and created a well refined version of that sound. Aside from the beautifully produced instrumentation, It seemed like he really had something to say on SFFB. Everything he says feels very personal and he's sharing it with the audience (like the therapy sessions in the first three projects, I guess). I love how he was able to accomplish this without the need for the somewhat heavy handed theme of the first few albums.

I'm sorry, but these are the best SONGS that Tyler has written for as long as he's been popular. While his previous work is still interesting and fun to listen to, this album is strong in it's composition.

>Find Your Wings are my jams
fuck off reddit

really got the noggin joggin

What's wrong with Find Your Wings?

Here come the white knights.

>Took my words out of context to attack it
Notice how I added with new twists and turns
>Darkeese
>Buffalo
>Pilot
>Deathcamp
>Cherry Bomb
>Keep Da O's
>Blow My Load
>Okaga, CA

I think I missed maybe one song? At the most?
All of those songs are easily memorable, especially buffalo, darkeese, pilot and deathcamp. Buffalo is classic OF sound. Pilot is classic OF sound with a new twist. It's easy to see as a prototype for Flower Boy after the fact, but Tyler REALLY isn't doing anything new. He's been doing variations on a theme for his whole career, and Flower Boy is no different. It's well liked because it's well-produced and mixed, along with poppy songs. That's why you like it. It's not some grand artistic masterpiece, which I don't think Tyler is even capable of at this point.

Don't see what the problem is with an artist building off his style though, how that keeps it from being a masterpiece

>okaga
>keep da O's
oh yeah I like those too. I think I like blow my load but I can't remember what it sounds like. if darkeese is the one with Q then the first time I heard "I ain't got time" I thought to myself, "man this is way better than that song on the last album". you said pilot is "old of" but I can't even remember what that song sounds like either.
>variations of a theme
Well there are running themes throughout his work but I believe the way he tackles the subject matter is different now and there have been things added on since he's gotten older. it was a gradual change, I believe. the most radical leap for him was probably between goblin and wolf but I don't even think it was that big.

>that's why you like it
you don't even know me man. anyway you repeated what I said. I think the new album is very well produced. never said it was a masterpiece or anything but I do think he's done a wonderful job with this one. the mixing on cherry bomb isn't what hurt it for me, it just wasn't as compelling as Wolf was for me. good talk user, I'm done now because I need to eat and my phone is dying.

>Good talk
That's where you're wrong buddy. I ain't done.
>I ain't got Time
>better than Darkeese
I won't even entertain that, and I ain't got time was more of an attempt at what Deathcamp was.

I do know you. The songs are poppy and now he has critical approval. That's why you liked Wolf.

going to listen to this now. this better get good or i've been tricked by the ktt fans coming on Sup Forums shitposting like usual

ok ok one more. I ain't got time is definitely a better song, I wish he could've gotten the features he wanted on it. as far as critical reception goes I'm not sure because I don't read reviews in any medium. I didn't find wolf to be very poppy but I do like pop music. what's wrong with that?

You've been tricked, it's an okay album that people are fellating because no edge and "it's so catchy!!"

Why is this a bad thing?..