Other urls found in this thread:

baseball-reference.com/leagues/MLB/2016-batting-leaders.shtml
youtube.com/watch?v=SarV9ngeoh0
youtube.com/watch?v=zTNdljf-2ys
youtube.com/watch?v=Vmd048WXK-8
m.mlb.com/news/article/215288866/buster-posey-tops-top-10-catchers/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Toughest division?

Only the indians are good. Even then they might not repeat what they did last year. The ALC is weak as well.

We might surprise you

Probably not, though

jints

Mariners!

doyers

>all the white sox pre spring training news is hyping up the new prospects to insane levels

N-no way this is going to backfire on us r-ight?

giants

Yeah, Sox just decapitated their roster and Royals core is aging, not to mention their pitching staff being gutted by two hard losses.

Aside from memechado, who on the team plays defense?

Also, I don't trust lelington Castillo.

>cuba cubans
>Japan japanese

Hardy still has a glove, so long as his back doesn't decide to be angry. Outfield is still a crapshoot. I still trust Jonesy, but he isn't getting any younger, and right is gets a minor upgrade from Trumbo with Smith.
I don't quite trust Lelington either. Or that Ice Cream Sandwich is in the pipeline now. It's a long shot but maybe Caleb will pick himself up and get an RBI again. Maybe even TWO.
D does seem weaker than before, and who knows how pitching will turn up. Just want one more watchable season before Manny hitting FA.

>tfw no qt asian jints gf

A's

Just go to Vancouver

she wouldn't be a jints fan tho

>le hongcouver all asians xddddd

I hate that place more than most but kys

Nice

as soon as the chinese become 20% of the population they'll start to control all facets of local politics. They'll never let anyone close to touching any of the money or power and you will have just given your country away

NL Central division champs tbqh

Group A
1. Israel 2-0
2. Chinese Taipei 1-1 (.157 R/9)
3. South Korea 1-1 (.222 R/9)
4. Netherlands 0-2

The Dutch have already been eliminated
Basically the winner of South Korea-Taiwan goes through unless the Dutch rebound and beat Israel and then it goes to a tiebreaker

Group B
1. Cuba 2-0
2. Japan 0-1
3. Australia 0-1 (.888 R/9)
4. China 0-1 (1.111 R/9)

Basically Cuba and Japan are the frontrunners we all thought they would be

It's for administrative purposes

t. insecure shut-in armchair demographic analyst

God bless you wbc bro

>Jerry Remy (RemDawg) @Jerry_Remy 1h1 hour ago
>I've been diagnosed with cancer again but it's under control. If you would like to read the interview go to:

NESN is LITERALLY giving Jerry cancer (again) to make him retire.

On a serious note, Remy's had it rough. Cancer multiple times, son's a literal murderer...And now NESN has an excuse to shove Lyons in our face every chance they get.

Here we are in the vital Game 6 between Korea and Taiwan
Winner moves on, loser goes home
It's 1-1 going into the top of the 9th

Also in Tokyo it's tied 2-2 between China and Australia in the middle of the 5th

Bottom of the tenth now
Should I keep track to see how everything goes and retrospectively award the winner based on the new extra innings rule or just leave it as it is?

In 2014 it was the best division
Having the best teams In baseball, Cubs were bad, pirates were bad and so were the ALE

Israel is stacked

What is amazing is that the Indians rebuilt their team In only 3 years
From 2010-2013 they were bad, they rebuilt so quickly and with the right players they became the best AL team
Trades such as Jake Westbrook for Kluber, cliff lee for carrasco, sabathia for Michael Brantley, the team rebuilt its core in less than 2 years and just needed a manager to get them to the top, everyone they drafted in the past 7 years has worked out, the Indians front office is one of the best in baseball and has been for the past 10 years, Dolan may not have spent money, but he knew where to spend it and how much he should spend, the Indians are the model baseball team that every owner should look at for a rebuild

Have you guys congratulated the Yankees on their newest top Shortstop prospect yet?

It's a girl

Group A
1. Israel 2-1 (1-0 vs KOR)
2. South Korea 2-1 (0-1 vs ISR)
3. Chinese Taipei 1-2 (1-0 vs NED)
4. Netherlands 1-2 (0-1 vs TPE)

So even though they lost to the Dutch, Israel top the group
Korea won on a walkoff single in the 10th to move on to Pool E with Israel
Taiwan goes home but secures qualification for 2023 (if it happens)
Netherlands go home with only a moral victory

Group B
1. Cuba 2-0
2. Japan 1-1 (.277 R/9)
3. China 1-1 (.667 R/9)
4. Australia 0-2

>the city of shitposters

>implying

It actually makes more sense than the show, the fact that a non Hispanic woman is in the MLB before a Hispanic woman makes no sense

>Remy and his wife Phoebe have three children, Jared, Jordan, and Jenna.
>Jared worked for the Red Sox as a security guard, but was fired in 2008 after another guard told the State Police that Jared had sold him steroids. On August 16, 2013, Jared was arrested in the fatal stabbing of his girlfriend, Jennifer Martel, a charge he pleaded guilty to on May 27, 2014. Remy was sentenced to life in state prison without the possibility of parole.
>Jordan was selected by the Red Sox in the 49th Round of the 1999 MLB draft. In 2010 he was charged with indecent assault and battery.
>Jenna was arrested on July 25, 2013, for disorderly conduct, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, resisting arrest, wanton malicious defacement, and misdemeanor breaking and entering after she broke into her ex-boyfriend's home.

i don't think this man is very good at raising children tbqh w/ u Joe

>mfw she could realistically break into our current rotation

We were bad from 2008-2012. A lot of the current core that wasn't drafted came from trades around 2008-09. Even so, that rebuild came a year after being a win away from the WS in 07. 08 so many guys got hurt and basically forced a rebuild by 09 due to expiring contracts. Indians do have a lot of talent when it comes to scouting, drafting, and trading. Previously we went through a full rebuild from 2002-04. There's some good people in place behind the scenes

They also have the longest championship drought. Funny how that works eh?

That's mostly because of blowing games in the postseason, realistically the Indians have what it takes to win for the next 3 years

As far as this season goes, the Indians and the Mets are the only legitimate teams that can beat the Cubs. Maybe the Red Sox if their 7 aces don't diarrhea on the mound in the postseason.

Healthy mets > Indians > Red sox

That would be my order in who can beat the cubs. The red sox rotation is overrated as fuck. Don't get me wrong the red sox will be amazing but it won't be because of their rotation.

I want to point out the ridiculous nature of the tiebreakers in the WBC

Instead of the double-elimination format they had in 09 and 13, they've got this shitty group play
Instead of relying totally on stupid tiebreakers, there's a playoff game, but it's only relevant if there's a tie between 3 teams, and the playoff is only between 2
To go from 3 to 2 there's stupid tiebreakers, including one about earned runs
How is that a relevant statistic for a tiebreaker?

Lol mets won't stay healthy especially now since Bartolo is gone

>canadian opinions

yawn

The Mets offense and bullpen are pretty weak compared to Cleveland's. The rotation is a tossup

need to meme harder than ever before
i still believe

Let's see if carrasco can stay healthy

Why wouldn't he? He was hurt because he took a line drive off the wrist

Fuck I'm retarded I meant to say Salazar. Carrasco was a freak accident.

Who even is the ace of the Royals now? Or the Marlins, for that matter

Danny Duffy probably, he was pretty good until he got tired

i just moved to norcal

which team has the best qts

athletics or giants?

Who's the best pitcher in the league right now?

You're in luck if you like trannies or hobos

Hendricks

Salamander's arm concerns me a little. But we still have quite a few young guys who could step in if he's not 100%

I predict the Cubs will make the playoffs again.

That's a spicy take

Bryce Harper is the best player in baseball.

Try to disprove me without memes, shitposting, and him being 100% injured last season and still gutting through it as hard as he can by being a team player.

If you attempt to use stats you are only allowed to use his 2015 season for reference.

>100% injured

Athletes are almost never at 100%.

>guys look, I can shitpost about baseball

I love how the actress who plays this role is not even semi athletic looking.

> no apparent arm strength
> no thicc

But with all the work Bryce puts in his body is already hurting more than anyone else.

His training schedule is so intense I'd be surprised if any other player could keep up with him.

Must have faltered last year but I can guarantee another unanimous MVP this year and a World Series ring

> hitting the ball is the only part about baseball that matters

Hes a terrible defensive player. Thats why he plays right field. Generally speaking the weakest defender is in right. Exceptions: Ichiro and Heyward.

she is like Oral Hersieiser with tits.

i think they had he throw a screwball and coaches ban that IRL since it rapes kids arms

Except he's the best offensive player in the game and the best on the bases..

Even if you call him a bad defender (he isn't. fuck off Mike we all know it's you) he still makes up for it with his offense

Cubs fans, doesn't it feel good to no longer have to say, "There's always next year"?

tfw your college team sucks ass this year

That's a stupid question. Log off and never return.

No he really is a bad defender. You must not watch his games. He struggles hard to make what would be routine for elite defenders.

> best on base
who is billy hamilton

Mike Trout is better than Bruce Hopper.

I watch all his at bats. I don't appreciate you calling out my baseball knowledge, Mike.

Who the fuck is Billy Hamilton lol
This is just a false statement that doesn't need an in-depth response from me.

> doesnt know who billy hamilton is
Literally the fastest guy in the mlb, was 2nd in stolen bases.

baseball-reference.com/leagues/MLB/2016-batting-leaders.shtml

see this. Everything says 'trout'

>I'm wrong so I'll just pretend like it's not true
laughingsluts.jpg

I'd give her a louisville slugger, if you understand what Im hinting at hear

>this year

Well he'll be 3rd when Bryce steal 149 this year lol
How many unanimous MVPs does Mike Trout have?
Stop changing your IP, Michael.

Unanimous NL MVPs***

According to my calculations Trout's 2 MVP > Hoppers 1. I'll admit it took me a little bit to do the math and double check my answer but I'm confident that it's correct.

My last name is Harper.

one of these men is a former MVP, ROTY, the most marketable young player in baseball, and just asked for a $400million contract

the other is steve pearce

They wouldn't know, they haven't been here a year yet

I kinda fucked up the Canada-Dominican Game, but I don't think it should matter that much

Also Mexico gets revenge on Italy for 2013

Kek

neato

Wait, did the world baseball classic start already?

youtube.com/watch?v=SarV9ngeoh0

Austfalia lost to China then mercy ruled Cuba. What the fuck?

Also Japan squeaked out a win against China to move on to Pool E

China somehow avoids last place and relegation again while Australia goes home with a nice win but full of regret

No, just my simulation

Is beer bucket catching an sport?

youtube.com/watch?v=zTNdljf-2ys

>that fucking ovation from the crowd

Will Schilling get into the HoF?

youtube.com/watch?v=Vmd048WXK-8

HEY

There is freedom within, there is freedom without
Try to catch the deluge in a paper cup
There's a battle ahead, many battles are lost
But you'll never see the end of the road
While you're traveling with me....