What were your perceived meanings and themes for this movie?

what were your perceived meanings and themes for this movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/47206581
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what were yours?

I feel there are different ways to experience or read it.

(sameposter)

c'mon. impress me. I want to see someone have a clue for once.

beautiful screencap to unknown movie.

transcendental spiritualism

that and walkabout made me realize that australians don't really know what to do with their shitty island

is this the one where some cunts get killed for no reason

you don't love those movies?

both are all time status for me.

that's not saying much.

I think it supposes to be about repression and fear of the unknown.

During the whole entire movie when the girls go missing and everyone in panic one the girls in the school was constantly being repressed and shit on just for being poor.

it would be nice if irma had murdered all of them

the movie starts out with a quote about a dream within a dream, and then miranda is seen through a mirror within a mirror

Irma was so fucking beautiful

yes

So did the teacher had a crush on miranda?

I think everyone had a crush on Miranda, or like the idea of Miranda, whatever idea it is she emanated. Miranda and Irma were the ineffable, unreachable romantic idea to the boys in the woods.

Yea I understand their love for Miranda. She pretty much represent the ideal of beauty and grace.

The scene where all the kids just mostly seem to be freaking out about Miranda being missing instead of the other girls really show how much she was love.

Yeah, there's even that moment where the teacher mentioned says "I just figured it out... Miranda is a Botecelli angel!"... and she's saying this like she's realizing some profound, secret truth, not just meaning it as a metaphor for being simply pretty... like, "oh my gosh... I can SEE her!"

The movie is actually on a really esoteric trip. And Weir is known as a romantic. I don't think the author 'understood' the movie completely, even. It's one of those things.

The movie is quite surreal and chilling at times but also I like the romantic tone it could have throughout the film.

Like that scene where the teacher comforts Irma after they found her.

Also why doesn't Sup Forums ever talk about this movie its honestly one of Peter weir best movies

the movie is a bit of a secret, and I think that's fitting

Yea I guess you are right.

Also This and Heavenly Creature are such great movie.

What other schoolgirl-core movies that are just like those movies? All I can think of is one.

I don't think there is anything else quite like this. I don't think of it as a schoolgirl movie, but more a movie on beauty, the elusive ideal, the ineffable... romantic ideas etc. So I'd group it more with movies like that if I wanted something like this experience.

But the closest ones that explore those ideas in terms of female beauty, in an ethereal way, would be Valerie and Her Week of Wonders, The Neon Demon, and The Virgin Suicides.

Australia destroys everything that is beautiful for no apparent reason

she could murder my genitals if you know what I mean

I don't think it had much meaning, it's simply a beautifully shot dreamlike period piece of a film.

Perhaps it conveyed to the audience you don't always get to solve every mystery, sometimes life is a series of unresolved instances

I already watch The Neon demon. I like it but felt like it kinda fail with its overall ideal of beauty by killing Jess off too soon.

Will check out the others though

GO HERE TO WATCH THE OPTIMIZED VERSION OF "PICNIC ON HANGING ROCK":

vimeo.com/47206581

thanks dude. doesn't surprise me you'd like this movie.

This is good. Did you make this?

To saint Valentine!

Eeeeeh!

I dunno man, you cut out a lot that should be in there

No, it's perfect.

the parts with the girls with the crush on Miranda isn't there, and the scene when the girls leave for the field trip waving goodbye with Bach playing, etc etc

part with the *girl with the crush

there are probably a couple more people who are supposed to know about this movie so bump one more time

>implying most people on Sup Forums even bother to watches the movies that are discuss here.

there are seriously usually, at any given time, at the VERY MOST only one person, maybe two, who remotely have a clue. usually it's barren.

but every once and a while you throw something out there and it will find fertile soil if it's supposed to.

Man i miss all these art films with beautiful chicks. Now it's all homoerotic shit.

most 'art' films are social realist shit. then there's a whole other thing of more aesthetic films that tend to be more apolitical or ambiguous. the social realist shit honestly I couldn't give less of a fuck about.

>Now it's all homoerotic shit.
This movie is pretty homoerotic too user.

Also have you try watching The Neon demon it maybe have similar that you would want.