I'm meeting my gfs parents this weekend they're hosting a formal dinner party and they're fairly affluent so I want to...

I'm meeting my gfs parents this weekend they're hosting a formal dinner party and they're fairly affluent so I want to make a good impression. I work as a back end web developer and the dress code in work is fairly casual so I've never had a need to dress up. Is this a good look for a formal dinner party?

Definitely and don't forget the shades or you'll look stupid

Thanks man, will do

You will look like a retard

Don't go like this, you'll embarrasse yourself

This
The glasses are a must at a fairy casual party

Brown shoes brown belt Brown khakis red and blue tie and blue blazer. Comb your hair like you are a hitler youth if you want to look like a classy individual. Those niggers had style.

Just google preppy style and you'll be fine.

how formal of a dinner party?

this look is nice but more for a casual type of dinner

Is this a troll? You seriously would show up to a formal dinner party looking like that? You can just throw a blazer on and expect that to fly. My advice to you is ask your gf if other people will be wearing suit and tie or if shirt and tie will be fine. If you show up looking like a hipster clown then her parents will immediately know you are low class and probably hate you.

No no these assholes are leading you astray. Get a v neck t-shirt instead, and ditch the khakis. Go for a light wash denim jean instead, make sure it's bootcut too. Also ditch the Vans, pick up some Timbs.

He said formal dinner party not free lunch at the espn office.

is pic related in OPs post to mean shit? That is NOT how you dress a dinner party

if you're wearing shades you might as well off yourself. the rest is reasonably fine. quite gay and probably overdressed though

just wear a polo, khakis, and some sperries you dumbfuck

yes, if your going back to the 80's

get proper jeans (single color and good looking none of that vintage garbage) and a plain white shirt. leave the top button open and wear a blazer. it's formal but not an application at the bank so ditch the tie.

don't wear shades and get proper black shoes. shine them, it won't kill you. black socks. leave the bottom button of your blazer open and if you take it off, don't pull up your shirts sleeves.

this isn't hard.

Do you have any idea what formal means?

>salmon shirt
kill yourself

Dude wtf? If it is a formal dinner party wear a suit you fucking barbarian. You are going to embarrass the shit out your girlfriend and her family if you wear that. No polos, no t-shirt, no jeans, no khakis wear a fucking suit.

Blazer, shirt and shoes are good, but wtf with those pants?
Just go with some black or dark grey Denim and you're good.
Throw on some Creed Aventus and you'll look&smell like a million bucks.
Her parents will still hate you, btw.

this is good advice

this is terrible advice

this is terrible advice

this is good advice

>full on suit
make sure you bring an insurance plan for every guest.

Formal means suit. Unless he is overstating the type of dinner it is what people expect. I grew up going to shit like this and people will make fun of him if he shows up looking out of place. If he embarrasses the mom then she will talk shit about him to her daughter forever

you could just ask your girlfriend what kind of dress code is expected

Definitely don't go with whatever hipster bullshitty outfit this is, unless you're 17. Go classy, pic related, unless you're too old, then try something more simple.

By simple, I mean something like this:

this is how most people go to formal dinner parties in the upperclass, but not black.

what in the fuck dude

In the 90's, you mean. Nowadays the only lads who use this are from the military and marine, in parties and stuff.

What are you Bill Naye the science douche?

nope, pretty sure everyone wears this. I wear it every time I go to dinners. Even when its just pizza express.

according to google this would be a good choice

This is what you wear if you want to eat by yourself in the kitchen.

you a dumb nigga
tl'dr
>how do i dress up so that people wont think of me as a faggot who just pretends to date a girl
you piece of shit bitch ass nigga, why cant you just take a pair of shorts and a shirt since its still summer and enjoy yourself instead of suiting up and feel like a shit, especially if you're not used with wearing the suit. how the fuck did you end up being a back end web developer with that shitty iq of yours. stop thinking of what others might say and enjoy the stay
>pic related, how you shoud dress

How old are you? Do you diner with the French mafia or what?

Kys

Nope just whoever is at pizza express normally.

I wouldn't eat alone with those, they cost more than most people health care. I would use something more cozy and comfy, cheaper. (pic related, thinner, paler skin)

That's, uh... Unique, I guess. Are you below 55yo?

im 22, are you poor? Why dont you know this?

I'm not into vintage clothing, neither using gramps clothes. Chill.

Have fun being poor then I guess.

You can spend hundreds on a tshirt doesnt make it classy. They would laugh at you for dressing like that and laugh even harder once they found out how much you spent.

use a dress shirt instead and also not those shoes and ur good to go.

this is all the rage again

fucking lol. but seriously OP. it depends of your age and what affluent means to you. But casual shoes with a jacket it's a no-no. You'll look like a man who want to stay a child. Depend the temperature where you live too. if it's hot, go with a linen suit and crisp white shirt, with assorted dressing shoes, or if it's colder, a tweed jacket, a good dress pant od another color and assorted dressing shoes. Can,t go wrong.

don't forget the shirt. Sup Forums level of austism is so high i don't want you to go shirtless.

is this your "I'm gonna sharpen my katana, go down to my old school and cut those mean girls who laughed at me" suit?