Redpill me on Glenn Danzig

Redpill me on Glenn Danzig.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zfD7agP1yxw
youtube.com/watch?v=L0eXWoeik0Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

his early 80s-to-mid 90s string of releases makes up for one of the strongest creative streaks in rock music history

punches assholes and pets kittens

he's manlet

The Henry and Glenn Forever comic books are pretty much all you need.

I like this one. All words are transcripted from an actual interview.

I didn't know this was a thing and my day just got better because I now know.

They are pretty funny. I think there are two collections out with all the comics. One that just got released.

king of manlets

He came up with dungeon synth before mortiis and burzum did

Yeah I've seen people occasionally bring up Black Aria in discussions of DS, but nobody ever seems to mention that it actually predates the first Mortiis album. Good album.

Plebs will disagree to all of the following:

>Samhain> Danzig> Misfits
>November Coming Fire> Final Descent> Unholy Passion EP> Initium
>Lucifuge> Danzig 4p> How The Gods Kill> S/T> Danzig V> Thrall> 6:66> everything else
>12 Hits = Static Age> Walk Among Us> Legacy of Brutality> Earth AD
>Danzig V & Black Aria are actually great

kill yourself

>Samhain> Danzig> Misfits

I could agree with this if Samhain delivered another album on par with NCF. As it is, their discography is a bit too slim for me to consider them the best Danzig band.

>November Coming Fire> Final Descent> Unholy Passion EP> Initium

Sounds about right. Initium was gutted by the weird production, I could never fully get into that album.

>Lucifuge> Danzig 4p> How The Gods Kill> S/T> Danzig V> Thrall> 6:66> everything else

I love all of Danzig's first four albums, but How The Gods Kill is by far the best one. That was the album they were trying to make all along.

>12 Hits = Static Age> Walk Among Us> Legacy of Brutality> Earth AD

Earth AD/Wolfsblood is a perfect rock album in my books.

>Danzig V & Black Aria are actually great

Danzig V is an atrocious album. Danzig 6 had some decent bits despite the questionable industrial metal overtones and the instantly dated production, but V is an awful album from start to finish.
I agree about Black Aria though.

And what are your thoughts on this?

Always gets knocked out in fights

youtube.com/watch?v=zfD7agP1yxw

that other guy has like 6 inches and 100 pounds on glenn though

>How The Gods Kill is by far the best one. That was the album they were trying to create all along.

I agree with the second sentence, but his vocals started to go the Cookie Monster route, anything throws me out of the album also. His vocals just don't compare to anything on Lucifuge which I think was his prime.

>Earth AD/Wolfsblood is a perfect rock album in my books.

It's not bad, it just sounds like a record that any hardcore punk band could have made during that time, and doesn't have any uniqueness like most of his material has. Glenn hates it because he acknowledges that he put it out whilst trying to be relevant in the thrash scene on top of how it was poorly mixed to the point where a lot of the layers in each song couldn't be heard.

>Danzig V is an atrocious album

I agree there are atrocious songs on there, but there are a few gems imo: Hint of Her Blood, Come to Silver, Hand of Doom, Ashes...

>And what are your thoughts on this?

It's very hit or miss, I love mandrakes cry and pain is like an animal. I don't care for a lot of the songs he put out later in his career and wish he released the og version of cold, cold rain from the lucifuge sessions that Eerie leaked.

Forgot to mention Come To Silver (Acoustic) is a god send with the 1/4+ tuning

Was in the good but overrated Misfits, then was in the decent but overrated metal band Samhain, and then was in the terrible and overrated Danzig. If you want to listen to buttrock without losing your 'cred, he's your man. But he's basically just a deeply insecure, violent manchild who hides behind a veneer of hypermasculinity.

thats the worst thing about earth ad. even a good vinyl rip sounds like 96kbps.

>Samhain
>overrated

dfgsfdg

i-is that you glenn?

DOOM

youtube.com/watch?v=L0eXWoeik0Q

He was the epitome of masculine inducing awesome rock music from the 80s to 90s, wish he was still good as he was then.

dat bass drum

Glenn Danzig was the best singer The Misfits ever had. As soon as he left he sucked, and so did The Misfits.

prefers Fresh Step

Samhain above all.

he's getting old and it pains me to see