Harry Potter Deep Thinking Thread

>YFW The (((Banker))) goblins in the Harry Potter series fund both sides of the Voldemort vs The Wizarding/Muggle worlds and pitted them against each other while acquiring profits in am attempt to secretly take over the world

we're the bank trolls supposed to be Jews?

wow u rely are smart dude
what did all the other tumblr teens think??

Why wouldn't they?

Voldemort likes all magical creatures so it's basically a free pass for them

Harry is so engrossed in the power of the mirror that he doesn't even see the reflection Dumbledore standing behind him.
People say Columbus's films are hackwork but I think they just are too busy looking for artsy shit.

they arent hackwork but I like Cuarons and Yates directing better

Well the new Movie Poster makes a lot of sense now.

But prisoner was shit, it was extremely rushed. Prime hermione though

Usury(banking) is key to the jewish people and always has been since it was passed down and practiced throught history by them a lot.

wtf i hate prisoner now.
nah, prisoner is easily the best. don't know how you think it's "rushed", it had the best acting from the main trio, best music, best pacing, best cinematography. only other potter films that can compete are 6 and 7

>deepthinking
I don't think so, kid. Its one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

i like the pacing and the last hour is perfect

>only other potter films that can compete are 6 and 7
t. no taste

Tumblr is way too politically correct and retarded for this discussion

i'm scared to hear what you have to say. but it seems as though you don't appreciate the good potter films.

This is something of substance unlike of the dullest shitposts in the history of movie shitposts. Each shitpost following /lit/ wizards and their pals from /r9k/ as they fight assorted kinographers has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the lack of film analysis the shitposts only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of images and pasta?all to make fantasy unfantastical to make witchcraft seem kiddie.

Perhaps the die was cast when Quentin vetoed the idea of shitposting on /lit/ directing the shitposts at Sup Forums, he made sure the shitposts would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody?just ridiculously profitable cross-prosting for his (You). The shitposts might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-atmospherical anaylsis in its refusal of critique and watching for the plot. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the shitposts are g-g-good though
No!

The writing is dreadful; the books were terrible and the films were much better. As I read, I noticed that everytime he shitposts, Quentin wrote instead that Brave New World "was a low tier form of art."I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that shitpost was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. The shitposters mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of shitpost by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are shitposting at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you shitpost you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

Exactly

Play both sides of every war

he literally comes to every potter thread and says 6 and 7 are pleb shit hes autistic.

I agree with you 3 6 and 7 are by far the best. nice taste.

Does that mean it shows extreme narcissim (only what one truly wants) rather than reality?

>look mommy, I'm spamming Harry Potter threads with that copypasta again!

I must ask, user, do you ever go home and think to yourself, " I could stick my head in the oven and make the world a much better place"?

It actually isn't much like this site isn't completely Sup Forums. the "actual tumblr" userbase is even more degenerate than old Sup Forums

was 7 2 parts?

dumbledores into speech in half blood prince. Dark forces trying to penetrate the castle every second and their greatest weapon is you (students).

dark forces = immigrants
student weapons = liberals

It was but if referred to singularly it means part 1 I believe. 8 is part 2

I have just been disgusted by everthing I have ever seen there in like a cringey way of frustration that I don't want to participate in.

Its because draco is threatening the castle from within while they are protecting it from the outside. The castle is very mucj a character in hbp and reflects the characters like swallowing the characters in the halls dyring times of stress and becoming less bright as the year goes on

Nice luckiet number in the Rothschild world get

I hated part 1 desu senpai, I just hate half movies like that.

I like you m8. You're cool

Yeah, Yates is such a great director. I especially love when he uses that retarded shaky camera method at the beginning of OotP.

No, Yates sucked. He let the editing of the last films get so bad that the Deathly Hallows films are borderline incomprehensible. He took his best buddy Nicholas Hooper with him as a composer to the films and the scores to those aren't terribly good either. He added in the indescribably stupid Burrow attack in movie 6. How he was allowed to direct 4 of the 8 astounds me.

Well, I guess, since that's exactly what Dumbledore warns him about moments later.

That's why Jews and Muslims hate each other so much, any kind of making money from money through interest is Haram. That's also why Jews are so keen on race mixing and flooding Europe with Muslims they want to corrupt them with the Western lifestyle so the Jewish banking system can take over the whole world finally.

3 >>> 1=2 >>>>>>>>>> dogshit >>>> the rest of them > 7 and 8

Its very much its own film its completely different from part 2 which is an adrenaline rush. Part 1 allows the characters and story to breathe. To me this is very important and its executed very well. Love the bleak atmosphere I think its the best penultimate entry you can make. Its very faithful too the book as well. Part 1 is one of my favorites easily. But honestly it deserves to be split up. The original workprint for dh was 5.5 hours long and if they didnt split it up it would have beem extremely rushrd as part 2 alone felt slightly rushed

Mor importantly part 1 ending wih dobbys death fits the themes of the film and works as a climax..its the only book where you could split and end on a meaningful climax. You couldn't split order of the phoenix or hbp. Deathly hallows did it right. And it had the same budget, both parts combined as half blood prince. I like part 2 but I like part 1 more

>Fitzgerald
>Ayn Rand
>Oscar Wilde
>Grapes of Wrath anywhere on any list ever

At least you got Mockingbird right.

Dh part 1 also allowed for greater world building: godric's hallow, malfoy manor, grimauld place etc. the ministry break in is one of the best parts in the entire series.

How do you derive profits from a wizarding war you're actively funding? From whence does the money come? There's no such thing as a wizard's arm race, because they need only wands - the one thing that goblins have never had.

Kek you're retarded here's your reply sorry you couldn't handle 5 seconds of shaky cam. Mark day was the editor for yates and he did well.

Yates won two batfa excellence in directing awards for Order of the Phoenix and DH2. The only director to win an award for the series. Books 5-7 sucked his films were better. Contrarian faglord

>mockingbird
>good
how's 10th grade english coming along?

based patrician triggering the retards

Oh look another autistic poster. I haven't seen this post before.

Agreed those scenes were fantastic

Reminder autistic samefags literally come to harry potter threads and derail them with their shitposting and shit Sup Forums opinions.

I guess its just more annoying for those who grew up as readying the books and correlating them to the movies and then have 7 books and 8 movies.

I had high expectations and was ready for a 3 hour epic.

Part 1 confirmed great

This and then they'll go spam black dicks in a different thread and get all their posts wiped((has happened multiple times))

I loved the books too but they are different mediums. I've liked the films more on rewatches though. Its impressive they filmed the last three back to back to back as well as 1 and 2 and 3 and 4

No I'm literally talking about you. You say the same shit in every thread, think people cant notice. You are seriously autistic and you should try to stop it. You honestly false flag every single hp thread its fucking pathetic

You could be asked the same question, retard.

A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M

I'm discussing harry potter and banking dude. Its not my fault you can't keep up and can only spout meme phrases like KINO and the works.

Watch them back to back for a 4+ hour epic. I like how different part 1 and 2 are but they still work well

I know who Mark Day is, and his job was to cut the film down, not cut pieces out. Yates shot quite a bit of pertinent material that was cut because Day made a tweak here, a tweak there.
DH Pt. 1 is the worst victim of Mark Day. There's literally no explanation in the final film of what that glass shard is (it's explained in a deleted scene) or how the Death Eaters find them so often (it's explained in a deleted scene).
Day's edits were so retardedly meticulous that he cut out a shot of Ginny being disarmed in the marshes in film 6... yet you can clearly see her pick up her wand in the very next shot.
So no. He did not do well.

Also, awards mean jack shit. Just because Yates used modern film techniques - like drowning turning down the brightness and putting cheap color filters on to please artsy film critics doesn't mean they were good adaptations.

>attempt
The world is theirs.

1 and 2 are the best because they are the comfiest.

You forget how to read during your two year tenure in whatever inner city shithole they threw you in?

>being impressed by baby's first serious book
jesus dude. have you even read dostoyevsky or tolstoy?

No they are the comfiest to you
I assure you they are all comfy and there's a lot of differing opinions and tastes rightfully.

no they're not, they get much darker and have less comfy things in them and the movies start using absolute shit tier filters, too

>watching for the plot
>not letting a cinematograoher do his job
Films look great on my tv. Lets agree to disagree of course awards dont matter, i personally like HP better than LOTR. I really like the progression and atmosohere in yates and to me it fits the material perfrctly especially on screen. Ive watched hbp 30 times and neve caught that and I've paid attention to the editing. Still I'm not taking anything against the film for that scene the rest is paced well. And all of Yates look and feel different. 5 is polish 6 is french and gothic and 7 is portuguese. More importantly the books didnt emotionally do much for me so this was able to add to it in thr films for me they had excellent tone.

Nice babby opinion m8. Sesserin, Idziak Delbonnel and Serra did great work and harry doesn't have a good ole time I'm sorry the material gets orwellian and such. Too bad.

The cinematographer for 2 did 4 and 4 looked like crap. 1 and 2 have predictable camera work and directing no shit they are easy adapations that's why you like them there's nothing original by Columbus they are by the book.

Dude, Mockingbird is in "Shit tier"

>muh washed out colors
>muh cinematography

these contribute nothing to comfy levels or to the story which is vital to comfiness, fucking "le kinophile" pleb

>brave new world
>low tier
I cam understand not liking it or thinking its god tier but that's fucked

I agree that it's very interesting how all four of Yates's films look and feel very different.
Personally I like DH1 Yates. There are some pretty cool shots there (like them watching the Death Eaters from under the bridge).

On the other hand I wish he had kept some level of consistency... SS and CoS are very fun to watch back-to-back because they're so similar. That could be perceived as a weakness though.

>top tier
>Ayn Rand

Choose one.

Incidentally, who was better?
I say Richard Harris by a mile.

Nice memes. Glad you don't appreciate atmosphere I like both styles and all the films have a different feel. Cinematograophy isn't just color but the colors pop there's plenty of color. You're tirggered by different things I enjoy them.

They do all feel different and I like that because it matches with the story. I like Columbus too he was great for the first two but chamber could have been scarier. DH1 is my favorite of yates too but hbp is close

Found the commie

harris. he had that grandfather feel. its a shame he passed away he was perfec for the role. gambon did a decent job in prisoner.

Gambon for me was fantastic in 3 and 6. Only bad in 4 because newell.

Harris was good but I don't take it against him he wasn't very mobile. Gambon had eccentricness and humbleness like prisoner of azkaban.

Both are fantastic actors though.

>chamber could have been scarier

I thought CoS was pretty scary in the respect that we don't see what's going on most of the time, but we're on the verge of it.
Harry is constantly hearing the voice, and he gets closer and closer until it melts away entirely. It gets increasingly nerve-wracking each time he tries following the Basilisk's voice - will he see the mystery monster this time?

To add to your question of how they feel different. Ootp wasn't written by kloves and idziak didnt come back. That's why hbp is so different but also because ootp was yates first directing job and I think he was much tighter in hbp than ootp even though I liked ootp. Again I think he improved in deathly hallows. He certainly was inspired by the material

Don't get me wrong I love it but on rewatches it feels a little too episodic and hearing voices stuff was good but its just like a bit here and noe a bit here again. What I'm saying is I wish Columbus took a little liberty and added a little more oomph. Its definitely one of the best plots. A monster is attacking the school it could have been a lot scarier not that it wasn't good its creepy but it had a little more portential.

6 is the worst one right after CoS. I won't go into the story issues because I haven't read the books. Instead the cinematography and the acting performances.

First, why is everything grey? The lighting is all fucked up and everything looks the same. I can't for the life of me understand why they would do it that way. The lighting outdoors is exactly the same as inside, that doesn't make any sense(Probably because Delbonel is complete hack and always has been). And the pictures are all blurry, so the whole film feels like a dream. A bad dream, that is. It has the best cinematography out of all the Potter films, but it is still quite honestly the ugliest film I have seen since Mad Max Fury Road.

And then there's the acting. The leading 3 and the other teenagers are terrible. Always have been, always will be. But what disappoints me is that established actors like Gambon, Carter and Brodbent can give performances like this. The whole thing is so badly acted that it at times is actually hard to watch. I feel sorry for Rickman, the only one who seems to care about this production.

Yates is a terrible director and should stick to awful cafe dramas or whatever he was doing before.

I like what you mean being on the verge. Its also similar to the tone in hbp which I've noticed chamber and half blood prince have many similarities

Jesus christ you have bad taste. I can see not liking harry especially in hbp but rom and hermione were great and carried hin like always or more.

HBP is top 3

>when opinons don't equal fact but they do to me: the post

>voldemort is literally hitler and the author frequently also compares voldemort to donald trump

woah...really makes u...makes u think huh

SJWs like to say Rowling is only paying lip service to the whole "Gay relationships are accepted in wizard society" but have they ever considered that Fred and George Weasley saw their brother Ron on the Marauders Map sleeping with a man named Peter Pettigrew every night and they never judged? Not even once?

The ministry of magic and media is orwellian before voldemort even takes over though

desperation from an author that doesn't want to fade into obscurity.

HBP is dreary and dreamlike, that's why its one of my favorities I think the tones meld and set up feeling of this is the last time things are going to be good. Its almost a nornal year or the most normal the trio has save Dumble dying. 6 7.1 and 7.2 work nicely as a trilogy

Definitely. I think she said recently that she was originally planning for Seamus Finnigan and Dean Thomas to be gay lovers. The same Dean who dated Ginny.
How desperate do you have to be to retroactively deconstruct your world like that? She doesn't have any respect for what she wrote over the course of a decade... it's kind of incredible.

Deans original name in PS was going to be Frank. And none of that would have mattered i think, it was the most selling book every time

Found the retarded Nick Cave fan.

Nope

I think you mean Gary...

ve been noticing some parallels between half blood prince and chamber of secrets

Obviously Tom Riddles diary and Snapes potion textbook
In Chamber the school being threatened from within by a monster, in HBP Draco thinks he’s a monster and is threatening the school from the inside.
Both times harry thinks they are Draco
Borgin and Burkes
Harry and Malloy Duel
Girls Lavatory Potion Making vs Mens Lavatory Duel
Potion making in general is a theme, polyjuice, amortentia, liquid luck, Voldemorts potion
I forget about the books but in the movies fawkes fly from the chamber of secrets to the castle and in half blood prince flys away from Hogwarts at the end
Aragóg is introduced/dies
Hermione repair Harry’s glasses, Luna repairs Harry’s nose.
Lockhart unsuccessfully repairs Harry’s arm, Snape successful repairs Dracos torso
The bathrooms are flooded
Katie cursed, bludger cursed, ms norris hermione colin cursed
There is blood written on the Hogwarts wall when the chamber of secrets Is opened. Dumbledore wipes his blood on the wall of the cave to open the entrance.
The only times we see the herbology gardens are in both
Harry and Ron look over Hermione petrified in the hospital wing. Hermione and Harry look over Ron in the hospital wing
Our first introduction to a horcrux, harry destroys one, our second introduction to a horcrux (the ring) harry fails to destroy one (the fake locket)
Dumbledore sees Harry under the invisibility cloak in Hagrids before he leaves the grounds in chamber of secrets. Dumbledore puts harry under the invisibility cloak before he dies in half blood prince
I AM LORD VOLDEMORT
I’M THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE
In the films because of Isaac ad libing Lucius attempt a killing curse on Hogwarts grounds. In half blood prince Draco fails to attempt one but a killing curse is landed on Hogwarts grounds

meh. shes pretty much already killed her "legacy" with that playwright.

bumping to keep alive

Its the christians own fault theyre the ones who forced them into it

goys never take responsibility for their own failures. Jews are to whites what whites are for blacks

mockingbird is in the shit tier user...

please learn to read

Can we talk about how he was the ultimate tragic mulatto. Literally half muggle and he went on and on about pure blood supremacy.

KEY PLEASE