Post your local Blockbuster

post your local Blockbuster

Other urls found in this thread:

blockbuster.com/franchise.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I got floor plans too if you wanna check those out too.

>ywn smell that popcorny air again

My local what?

It half got turned into a liquor store, and half went to a clothing store.

Captcha was store fronts. How fitting.

Local hollywood video is also now a gamestop / frozen yogurt place

The other one is some medical offices now.

RIP

Did a Google Map tour.
The entire building was a Blockbuster.
Now it's a Great Clips, and a couple other things.
Mini strip mall.

Near the place I used to live they literally just painted over the ticket stub sign.

First poster, here's the parking lot.

I can tell Chemist Warehouse Discount is run by a bunch of Jews.

Looks like it's a karate place lul. Couldn't get a decent street view pic cause it's in a strip mall a with a huge parking lot.
The days of renting a movie and video game, then getting some pizzas at the papa Murphys next door will never be back ;_;

>that one nigga posting who thinks local Blockbuster means his local movie theater

They're so young they don't even know what Blockbuster was.

>the I can't reading comprehension meme
Here's your first reply

there was also this one...

Yeah mine turned into a CVS.

Shit. I thought OP said cinema. I am fucked.

Nobody has moved in since. :(

and this one.

>ywn sprint to the car after renting a game again

Why even live

But really, the closest Blockbuster wasn't close enough to me. It's in another state!

And really really there was one open when I was living in Cali and looking at Maps there were a few surrounding that area.

that's a fucking great combination
you're so lucky

damn

They even used the logo frame

very cool picture

It was a video store for the longest time after Blockbuster went out, they even had a white sign to cover up the Blockbuster signs, but you could always see through them. Now it's just a moving company.

it opens up In cycles, it'll be open for about 6 months and close when somebody gets shot or something terrible for about 6 months then open up again. Been doing it for about 6 years

Why is no one posting actual Blockbusters??

my bb got turned into a school supply building

Barely ever go to this shopping center anymore but just looking at it on google maps brought back vivid memories of going to Blockbuster..

Can't remember if it's now the Advance Auto Parts, or the Dollar Tree.

Is anyone honestly upset they don't have to leave the house to rent? I'm glad Blockbuster went out of business. They put a lot of small businesses out of business and I hate that passion less, smug corporate attitude that replaced my local video store.

Fuck blockbuster and fuck reddit for making blockbuster some bullshit right of passage to like it. All these pictures make me happy.

because they went out of business you moron

Now it's half a Pharmacy and half a Church's chicken.

Not in my land, friendo, i guess life in the old US of A has to be hard without blockbuster

The West Coast Video I went to as a kid is a dentist now... that I go to every six months.

Used to be Blockbuster on the left and Pets at Home on the right. Now it's one massive Pets at Home

Oy vey

Cougars suck nigga

It's probably a Vape or prepaid cellphone store now.

wow you guys live close to me

comfy location for a blockbuster

Uhhhhhh, OP

I know where you live

Yeah! Was living a block away last month. Sucks that Video Difference is shutting down now too.

the nearby moovies was better

i know where i live too

And the one I would go to when I visited my dad is now a Snap 24/7 fitness

Mine got turned into a food store for asians. I walk past it every day and occasionally catch a whiff of that stinky, fishy air.

Don't judge those asians, you filthy drunk.

Yeah, I loved Video Difference. It was inevitable though. Market is gone, that part of the city is seeing a surge in redevelopment.

i think all these places look beautiful. a lot of you seem to live on the outskirts of town or in smaller towns. im sure you hate that, but i love it.

Gone a few years ago. It went under, became vacant, hobos moved in and used it to shoot up, then someone burnt it down.

Not judging, just telling the truth.

N-Nuh uh

Ours turned into a Papa Murphy's pizza.
Not a total loss I suppose.

The Movie Gallery lasted a little while longer after that.

excuse the mobile posting, it was a discount store but now its just desolate

>turned into an Urban Outfitters

much better

It's now a beer distributor called The Beer Stop.

Not a Blockbuster but it was still me old video rental place.

Dayton Video, right behind it was my pediatrician and almost every time I was sick or needed a checkup, we stopped by and rented a video game and/or a movie.

It's now an awful bar.

>Rented this 10 years ago
>Just never took it back

Call the cops. I don't give a fuck.

F

Tore it down and built an A&W where the Blockbuster used to be.

>All these strip malls
>All of them probably had a dollar store and pizza place in them as well
>Hitting up blockbuster while waiting for your pizza to be done.
>Doing a quick tour in the dollar store for candy before heading home to spend the whole weekend playing video games and watching movies with your buds.

>halal

>Theres a collectors edition of Zoolander

>>All of them probably had a dollar store

Looks like mine *became* the dollar store

So does anyone rent movies still anyway? Like OnDemand or something? I occasionally rent from Apple TV.

Did your mom FREAK when she seen that you haven't returned it?
Are you DAMAGED?

DAE have embarrassing arguments w significant other over what to rent and leave either empty handed or w/ a movie you didn't even want and now you're stuck w it?

online streaming is big business it's what killed blockbuster. In fact that only places were video stores survived were places with shitty internet.

completely legal, its covered under salvage law.

I was just going to post this. Greetings from Chester!

Relish makes pretty damn good burgers for what it's worth.

The ones in my city literally closed a couple of months ago

I miss driving past the big Blockbuster sign

God I miss those big bulky boxes.

I had a $40 late fee at Hollywood Video before they collapsed

This is an excellent thread.

I had a comfy job at a video store for a little bit, got to have a wall of picks which was fun.

It along with the walmart/connected stores got turned into a strip mall of sorts.

This empty lot though is where the blockbuster was located, it's been empty for about 10 years now I think.

RIP

Hastings had the video & game rental market cornered here.

Not dead yet, but every store will be closed for good by next month. I can't say I'll really miss them.

why is suburbia so uniform and mundane bros

A relic of the past.

Anyone else still have it?

>For Rent

:(

Was going to take a pic from Google Street view, but it's actually so old that it's still a Blockbuster on there. It closed back in early 2012 and is a Mattress store now.

you're the reason they bankrupted

We all just got Netflix.

There are 50 Blockbuster locations still open in the US.

blockbuster.com/franchise.html

We haven't had a Blockbuster here since the '90s or so.

Hollywood Video pretty much took their spot, then went bust around the same time the entire Blockbuster chain did. I think the building is a seasonally-open Halloween costume and decoration shop now.

Surprisingly, Family Video is still doing pretty well in the next town over, but I don't know why, what with Netflix's popularity and the ability to borrow movies from the library for free.