absolutely the worst singer songwriter

>pretentious
How?

John Morrison

I can name like 50

You have serious mental issues.

Mac DeMarco

modern indie is infinitely better than dylan

Nah, he's one of the only artists that deserves his fame. Literally no one writes songs the way he does.

I don't even think he was pretentious in the 60's. It was when everybody began to suck his dick and circlejerk him and in the 70's and 80's began to be pretentious

yeah, i don't know anyone else whose music is so fucking boring that it makes me fall asleep

It's understandable to not appreciate Bob Dylan if you're younger than like 22 or so

>it's good if you're an old Hank Hill faggot

Pretty much. I hated him when I was younger too, but it just clicked the day I became geriatric

>more overrated
Pink Floyd
>more boring
Wu Tang Clan
>more pretentious
Radiohead

Then listen to some metal or rap, it's loud and obnoxious unlike folk music. It's sure to keep you awake.

Wrong

I think his earlier work is overrated for sure, but with records like Bring It All Back Home, Highway 61 Revisited, Blonde On Blonde, Blood On The Tracks, etc. basically the ones with the larger arrangements, his music became a lot more engaging for the listener.

kill yourself

Bob Dylan is my favorite singer songwriter. I'm truly sorry some of you autistic faggots have convinced yourselves he sucks because you are really missing out.

Is he overrated? Everyone who listens to him loves him and everyone who doesn't, hates him. That seems pretty good.

It's not like The Beatles where people have to bend over backwards to defend generic garbage, Bob Dylan has plenty of his work that is looked down on by his biggest fans, nobody claims everything he shits out is gold but he was also hugely prolific so the amount of good he had is more than most people output any music at all.

And, though it's something pretty much every language or country has, for the US he was THE hugely important cultural figurehead for progress, even though he didn't like it and he inspired basically all the relevant artists people cared about for the next few decades,

He's really interesting if you're a guitar player.

I could see why non-musicians/ casual listeners would find him boring tho

>It's not like The Beatles where people have to bend over backwards to defend generic garbage
It doesn't actually matter but for the record, I mean that people will defend every little thing they did from a random cover or unheard bootleg as being gold directly from god himself, like all their albums appear on best albums of all time lists when they're not but Dylan's fans are more reasonable about the fact they aren't all equal efforts

>It's not like The Beatles where people have to bend over backwards to defend generic garbage
You have a lot to learn

I downloaded Highway 61 Revisited as it was supposed to be one of the best albums ever made and every after Like a Rolling Stone is just so fucking boring, uninspired and repetitive you might as well turn it off and listen to birds chirping. I'm not saying it's bad music, I'd be perfectly ok sitting in a bar where it plays, but there's absolutely nothing there to write home about.

>the greatest song of all time is boring, uninspired and repetitive
Cool down with those opinions dude

Anyway, Highway 61 Revisited is the sing-along album, it's the most fun to listen to as you walk to work and sing every song as loud as you can

You might like Blonde On Blonde and Blood On The Tracks better then. Those albums are where the arrangements get more interesting. I wrote that post you replied to, and even I'll admit that BITBH and HW61R are kinda boring to me, too.

/THREAD

Pink Floyd, The Doors

fpbp

Sure is summertime on Sup Forums. Shouldn't you kids be playing outdoors?

What's your favorite album OP?

Tyler the Creator - Flower Boy

Overrated? Probably. Still good.

Queen

The wrestler? Don't you mean Jim?

>Those albums are where the arrangements get more interesting.
>Highway 61 less interesting than Blood on The Tracks

>le summer maymay

name a bigger philistine faggot than OP

verified retard

grimes.

How are the Wu Tang Clan boring? Lmao if I had to pick any boring rap artists I'd pick 21 Savage

>Be the first musician ever to recieve a nobel prize for your music
>Can't be fucked to show up to get it
>not pretentious

>overrated, boring, pretentious
what the fuck? he's not a jazz artist OP

He did accept it, he just didn't feel like going to a shitty public awards show circle jerk.

That's what I said. Acting like you are above personally accepting what is probably the bigest price a human can recive is pretentious.

Thom Hork
Roger Waters

he shouldn't have acknowledged that shit at all, desu.
>the bigest price a human can recive
kys

Swans

in what way is mac pretentious? do people even know what that word means?

>Literally no one writes songs the way he does
take this: youtube.com/watch?v=oCDXhvXye9E

>mu fags hate bob dylan but like weezer

I hate both

>Beatles
>generic garbage
Kill urself my man

Radiohead

I hate both

But the award ceremony is pretentious, saying that he deserves a literary award more then actual literature writers is pretentious. So by choosing not to go to an ceremony where everyone will be stroking his ego is the opposite of pretentious.

I like both

I liked highway 61 but hated blonde on blonde
Which album should i listen to next

Bringing It All Back Home

Reminder that Dylan has been accused of plagiarism at every point of his career.

>Ballad of a Thin Man
>Highway 61 Revisited
>Desolation Row
>all sounding the same

neck yourself

early folk dylan was really great but this meme of him being the tupac of singer song writers need to stop. hes great but no one deserves to be dick rode THAT much.

Literally every modern singer-songwriter is somehow influenced by him though.

>Like a rolling stone
>Boring

Captain Beefheart

>the tupac of singer song writers

Let's not go overboard here, Dylan isn't anywhere near as talented as Tupac. Dylan's probably never even shot anyone.

Take your Ritalin

>le rap meme

i thought Sup Forums grew out of this phase?

>Dylan isn't anywhere near as talented as Tupac
I'm sure that's why Dylan has a nobel prize :^)

>artist is influential af
>therefore....

cmon senpai

There is quite literally no response to winning the nobel prize that wouldn't have been pretentious in someone's eyes.

name one artist influenced by dylan

This fucking post was pretentious, kill yourself faggot

Lou Reed, Johnny Cash (Understand Your Man is a rip off of It Ain't Me), Johnny Cash, Sly and the Family Stone, Minutemen, Jimi Hendrix.

John Lennon

Every single folk/folk-rock band of the 60's and 70's and all the indie-folk bands of today.

Sonny and Cher's I Got You Babe is also a rip-off of It Ain't Me Babe.

>Dylan is considered a seminal influence on many musical genres. As Edna Gundersen stated in USA Today: "Dylan's musical DNA has informed nearly every simple twist of pop since 1962."[470] Punk musician Joe Strummer praised Dylan for having "laid down the template for lyric, tune, seriousness, spirituality, depth of rock music."[471] Other major musicians who acknowledged Dylan's importance include Johnny Cash,[472] Jerry Garcia,[473] John Lennon,[474] Paul McCartney,[475] Pete Townshend,[476] Neil Young,[477] Bruce Springsteen,[101] David Bowie,[478] Bryan Ferry,[479] Nick Cave,[480][481] Patti Smith,[482] Syd Barrett,[483] Joni Mitchell,[484] Tom Waits[485] and Leonard Cohen.[486] Dylan significantly contributed to the initial success of both the Byrds and the Band: the Byrds achieved chart success with their version of "Mr. Tambourine Man" and the subsequent album, while the Band were Dylan's backing band on his 1966 tour, recorded The Basement Tapes with him in 1967,[487] and featured three previously unreleased Dylan songs on their debut album.[488]

The singer-songwriter figure already existed in folk, country and blues music before Dylan but Dylan's the one who cemented it into a single genre.