Do Italians feel closer to Greeks or Spaniards ?

Do Italians feel closer to Greeks or Spaniards ?

>italy and spain
>almost the same language
>almost the same history
>almost the same culture

>italy and greece
>happen to both hate albanians

hmmmmmmmm

Why pigs?

Probably greeks. Parts of italy are very close to greece. Only Sardegna is somewhat close to spain

Hate is stronger than companionship.

#foodforthought #sodeep

It's very present in our cuisines

Spaniards, and those who say otherwise are retarded. The regions which is the mostly tied with both of them (Southern Italy) has a heavily hispanicized culture, they even some Spanish grammatical structure when speaking in Italian.

Greek heritage is something really distant in time, even cities like Syracuse don't really have a greek vibe anymore.

I've heard that napolitans use "tengo" in the spanish way instead of the verb "avere", which is a unique thing in romance languages

ethnically to greeks,culturally to spaniards.
greece is really a fake mediterranean country,it still has a very balkan way of thinking.
Saying this,portugal is atlantic

Not to mention the moorish influence

u-una facca una razza :(

What is a unique thing?tengo?
We say tenho

Terroni literally say
>No tengo famiglia, no tengo casa
>La macchina sta qui (Macchina=coche)
>Esci i soldi (Salir is uscire in Italian, but it's used as a transitive verb just as in Spanish in Southern Italy, Soldi means Dinero)
While in standard italian those would be said as
>Non ho una casa, non ho una famiglia
>La macchina é qui
>Tira fuori i soldi

They even spread the usage of the third person as the courtesy form.

The North-South divide is basically due to the French/German influence on the north and the Spanish one on the south.

wanted to reply to
I think you're the only one that also use tener for the composite tenses.

Yes, using tengo that way is exclusive to iberoromance languages and apparently southern italy

No.Even north italy is terroni-

The more south You go in Spain, the more Italic/greek blood the people have and the more poor they are. Really makes you think.

Cute

So basically, southerners speak italian with spanish structure

>Andalucía
>Murcia
>Relatadas con Italia
Uh?

Basically yes.

Spanish people(apart from galicians) are closer to italians than they are to portuguese

Es la zona donde hubo mayores asentamientos romanos.

galicia looks like a slice of portugal that got under spanish influence tbqh althought it seems the history goes the other way

But you're the same people.

>ctrl + f "french"
>0 results

I'm so sorry

but you have to take into accoun the effect of the Islamic conquest and of the Reconquista.

before muslims, the Sevilla, Cadiz, Merida, Cordoba region was the wealthiest of Iberia, and it was that way with Tartessos, Phoenicians, Romans and Visigoths.

I think the problem of Southern Spain is the Elites converted to Islam, and fled during the reconquista in the same way Germans fled from the Red Army.
Later they sent a lot of people to the Americas and they never recovered from that brain drain.

And does anyone know why On ancestry.com Italy/Greece are the same category??

Anyways, I have not faith for the south. I know we will stay in State of total decline forever.

>Greek heritage is something really distant in time
What's more important, the people you come from, or the people who oppressed you for four centuries?

Keep telling the same old story you faggot

we are PIGS, fuck Germanics and shiee

Official I am a Greek list

Italians
Spaniards
Macedonians
Portuguese
Cypriots
Asia Minor Turks
Southern French

Not Greeks

Slavshit subhumans
Huns
Goths
ROMAnians
Ikibeys
Swedes

nobody wants to be greek, faggot

t. Ikibey

>before muslims, the Sevilla, Cadiz, Merida, Cordoba region was the wealthiest of Iberia
And during the Muslim period as well, and during the times of the Empire those cities were the main gateway from Europe to the Americas.

I like spain

Spain.

That only proves my point. Andalusians are subhumans.

Anyone??

They are the same shit. That is why the tugas and we the spaniards are in the same group as well.

So you can't tell the difference ? Looks wise

Spain hands down

Greece is balkan

Genetically? Not really. The biggest difference in genetics in Iberia is latitude, and since the division is longitudinal, it's mostly the same (Spain probably has whiter people since it goes further north and blacker people since it goes further south to regions that had longer muslim influence, but it honestly averages out).

Culturally and emotionally we're very different (with Portuguese being the weird sad hipster ones, desu), but not genetically.

If you aren't Greek, Portuguese, Spanish, or Italian you aren't white!

yeah my grandparents live in syracuse everyone speaks english no greeks there at all

Hello, it's me
I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to meet

Greeks are orthodox and Balkan in a lot of fashions. Even we (catholic Flemish) have more in common with Italians than they have with Greeks

Do greeks feel closer to italy or to balkan peoples?

spain I think, but not in an exclusive way, we are all med.
It's because they both speak mutually understandable languages, have catholic history and got conquered by goths and arabs instead of turks and venetians

we are both med and balkan.
The islands and coastal regions have a very mediterranean culture, the northern and mountainous inland regions are getting progressively balkan. Both regions with heavy cultural exchanges between them.

That's a theme with all med countries I feel
Italy is med coastal up to florence and continental from the po valley and mountains I feel.
Spain is moorish in andalusia, med in the aragonese coast and continental in the north etc
Turkey is med in the aegean coast and middle eastern in the mainland
israel and the levant coast in general are a mix of middle eastern and med
etc

spen a sit

and france of course being med in the south, continental in the north and moorish in paris

kek

I'm a Sardinians and we're pretty much Iberians, much clsoer to Iberians both genetically and linguistically

Italy obviously, balkans is a slavic world.
Even my great grandparents migrated from italy to greece because of cultural proximity.

one thing we can all agree: fuck france gayshit

>Greece is Balkan
The Northern border is, the South and the islands are basically much more connected to Italy than anything else

i prefer spain, even though my city is known just because we wuz byzantine, so i like greece a lot

You are falling for retarded memes.

Andalucia continued to be the most urban and wealthy part of Spain (and of western europe) during muslim rule, and continued to be after that due to Sevilla and Cadiz being the port of the galeones de Indias.

Genetically here is the order

Aegean turkey(muslim turkified greeks)
Italy
Albania

The rest countries diverge from us, take for example bulgaria a completely different nation from us eventhough they are neighbors their traits and mindest are too balkanic for us the superior meds.

They're all savages.

This have to be banter desu
What is with
>Magna Grecia
>Roman conquest
>Byzantine Southern Italy
>Venetian rule of Peloponnese and the islands
The truth is, Greeks became losers after the crisis and no one wants connection with them nowdays
They became poorer, people trashtalk them and connect them with the Balkan
10 years ago the story would have been completely different, especially online

>The North-South divide is basically due to the French/German influence on the north and the Spanish one on the south.

coincidence?

Both because they are all lazy, dark skinned drunkard arabs whose only pastime is siesta and fucking anglo ""women"" on vacation.

Except that when there was german influence in the north (le holy roman empire) the south was the developed part of Italy. Although the north was still developed enough to civilize the g*rmans (and kick them out)

sure about that?
I heard Southern Italy was treated like any other colony of the Spanish empire.
A reason why there is a this deep rooted mistrust towards the state in Southern Italy.

Correct me, if I am wrong

It was a Viceroyalty and it was basically in the hands of the high neapolitan nobility and their lower nobiliar clientele. Milan on the contrary was under tighter control because of its particular strategic location.

So it kinda makes sense that ones disregard the state while others have learned to obey.

There have been some rebellions in Southern Italy and Sicily during the 16th and 17th centuries that were specifically against Spain, not just the local nobility, so it's kind of obvious that the Spaniards were seen as direct oppressors, not as some remote owners of the reign

ebin

why would they feel closer to us, like 85% of our population got monkeyd for centuries by mongol arabs

>>almost the same language
>>almost the same history
>>almost the same culture

>castillians genuinely believe this
top kek

Well, Italian and Spanish are pretty much the same language, so...