Do you ever feel like you are a disappointment to your parents?

Do you ever feel like you are a disappointment to your parents?

i often think i am yes

Live for yourself not to impress others

Who tf gives a shit about their parents anymore niBBa you have one life its your and you have free will

i am, but you know something? fuck them for deciding to create sentient life in a world full of suffering. having kids is an extremely selfish act.

>I never asked to be born mom!
Edgy

All the damn time. But then I remember they are both dead and I got one hell of an inheritance

my parents were an even bigger disappointment to me...so no.

i blame mom and dad waahhhhhhhhhhhh

This. There is absolutely no good reason to reproduce now.

its true though. humans are often treated worse than dogs or cats. and we have the wiring to suffer much, much more.

Stay simple, bro. Watch The Fast and the Furious while listening to your favorite Pitbull track.

Normies don't see all this that's why they have kids

Not that you'd be able to anyway.

Entirely, all the time.
I'm 30 and I live with them.
I moved out, then moved back in 4 years later (2011) due to depression and alcohol problems and losing my job.

My mum always tells me I'll never be a disappointment to them, ever, and they'd never kick me out and always be there for me.
My parents are WAY too good to me.
I've honestly never met 2 people that are so understanding and lovely to someone who's obviously a complete mess.

Currently unemployed but I'll get there.
I really want to turn things around... my depression has got so much better, my anxiety has got a bit better... but whenever I get a job interview or pass the interview and get the job I purposely sabotage it before I start because my anxiety kicks in.
Need to force myself into these situations and get over it.

Want to make them proud of me, I owe them that much, for everything they've ever done for me.

I know I am. Once my mom said: "I have messed up with you".

What? THEY disappoint ME!

>Do you ever feel like you are a disappointment to your parents?
Yes.
>parents said I wasn't planned and they considered having an abortion right up until the last opportunity
>parents stated that if they could go back and choose between having kids and having holidays, they'd choose holidays
>parents said they wish me and my brother turned out better, despite them drinking and neglecting us
>since moving out, I talk to my parents once a month, being told how in my position they would be doing better
>growing up, my parents always said to me "why can't you be more like your friend X?"
>parents had pictures of my girlfriend graduating on their walls, but not me
>parents stay friends with my exes and tell me how they are doing despite me not asking and having moved on

Dude you're ok, I have several friends like you. Just chill and live on.

Dude, considering your parents' behavior, I wouldn't care about the approval or disappointment of complete douchebags.

Yeah. I asked my mom on my 21st birthday to make me a fursuit. I haven't heard from her in 3 years. :/

To be fair you are a disappointment to most of mankind.

My parents are trash. They are disappointments to me.

Your doing great user

most would have chopped them up to little bits...especially the ex bullshit

Well, my dad died several years ago, and my mom is addicted to painkillers and spends all day watching soaps and the shopping channel so...

Nah, I'm good.

I'm a massive disappointment to myself, but fuck me right?

Fuck that pair of alcoholic assholes then.

Yes but I'm estranged from my abusive mother and don't really talk to my father all that much so I don't care

leave a note on there saying
fuck you guys and list of everything that pissed you off and cut all content with them

live for yourself

my parents are a disappointment to me so I don't care what they think.

I earn 3 times as much as my mother ever did, my father diied when I was 14, I own his half of the family house, so I am even steven or surpass every living member of my family in success. Even though I dropped out of college, everyone who thinks I'm a disappointment can go fuck themselves.

My parents are stuck up, racist, sheltered hicks who fed their xenophobic suspicions and artificial politeness into me then have the audacity to say it was my fault for how I turned out; an incorrigible fuck up.
Nah I know I'm a disappointment to them but I'd rather be that than be anything they could possibly be proud of.

Things will indeed get better, medication made everything so much worse.
Was taking anti-depressants for 10 years and they made me more depressed, more suicidal thoughts all the time, vomiting and nausea daily almost without fail...
Stopped all meds about 10 months ago and it was the best thing I ever did, though the anxiety about starting a new job still lingers.

You can repay their kindness and love by helping them out around the house or random acts of kindness like ordering dinner on a weekend.

Not since my mom died. She made me hate myself.
Feel guilty about how much happier I am
MFW shes still fucking with me after death.

i'm 20 live with parents
middle child 2 sisters one older one younger
both did better then me in school and way more social then i ever was
do everything parents ask me to do still feel like disappoint to them

ASK ME ANYTHING

Yeah meds mess you up bad, I myself have anxiety issues, but I learned to not think at shit till I'm deep in it at which point it's a mere matter of survival.

Have you ever had sex with either of your sisters?

no thats gross

You should. It's the hottest taboo there is.

Not the user you replied to but it's hard bro.

I love my parents but we have a weird dynamic.
Rick and Morty nailed this on the head

>It's to late for me to tell my daughter I love her, but not to late for you!
>Yea well..she knows uhh.. we don't really believe in that crap

That's pretty much how we are, and always been since I remember. They are kind but tough people, we know we love eachother but saying and showing it implies you're a pussy or gay.

It sucks.

Are they super ugly?

thats unfortunate i guess.

>ASK ME ANYTHING
No need. Your complete inability to use then and than properly tells me the whole story why you are a disappointment. It's your attitude.

>the humam species has gotten so intelligent they no longer want to procreate and would rather go extinct.
Really makes you thunk

Meh, it's whatever.

It's just awkward when my friends talk about their parents and shit and then they are "do your parents ever do that?" or "what did ya'l do for your moms birthday? I'm so excited to take my mom out to eat with aaaalll our family it will be great!"

It's just like, "uhh, yea we don't really celebrate that, it's like a waste of time."

They aren't intelligent, they are the complete idiots among us. Plenty of people were born during the two world wars and shit was much worse back then.

No they never accomplished anything in particular. It's not like there is some high bar to overcome there.

this is my fetish

Being strapon fucked by a white grill while a nigger whale beats the shit out of your face with her tits?

Nope. Got my life together. Upstanding citizen. Good career. I get girls but I'm not a slut. Well kept. Well dressed. This can be you too friend. Just try.

yes

You just solved the fermi paradox.
That could make it's way into a scientific publication.

By human you mean whites. And yes they will go extinct if they keep adopting pets while non-whites breed like rabbits.

nope

Don't know don't care

god i hope this bait

single child both my parents are dead im 22

FeelsBatMan