Due to the mere mention of ANYTHING political, this post is unallowed in /k/...

Due to the mere mention of ANYTHING political, this post is unallowed in /k/. But please try to keep the Sup Forums shit to a minimum, if you can:

I'm a white male liberal living in a liberal town (Portland). I'm usually for gun control (or at least better gun regulations) and what have you. But recent events in Charlottesville, and other similar events throughout the 2010s, is starting to make me consider carrying a fire-arm on me.

Because the world, or at least America, is certainly becoming a less safe place for now. And I've definitely had encounters thus far into 2017 that made me wish a weapon was within my reach. In addition, I'm not only considering fire-arms for protection, but also have one in the hopes of deterring potential ugly encounters from even starting (if that's possible).

So what's a good weapon of choice for someone with virtually no gun knowledge? .45 sidearms have a nice ring in my ear. But I guess I should also come out and say there's a history of mental illness in my family. I've had MDD and PTSD (nothing related to guns) since I was a kid, and made suicide attempts before (but the last recorded instance was 2006). I've been in behavioural therapy since 2005. And I've never been committed or arrested for any reason whatsoever.

Other urls found in this thread:

smartgunlaws.org/mental-health-reporting-in-oregon/
ucr.fbi
youtu.be/aUAFYW1eaDs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you could have asked that question without involving politics.

Hispanics are quickly becoming majority in the country. VIVA' LA PUTA MADRE', PENDEJO!

>certainly becoming a less safe place for now
Unfortunately, sidearms provide little practical protection against vehicular homicide.

don't waste time on a gun - the only way to protect yourself is to jump off a bridge as soon as possible you libtard cunt faggot

>have a nice ring in my ear

if you say shit like that in earnestness you probably cannot handle the responsibility of owning/caringfor/carrying a gun.

the part where you involved any sort of politics in this at all basically hammers the final nail in this coffin. you shouldn't get a gun, youll end up hurting yourself or someone you love thinking you're getting it to protect yourself

don't get a gun. Learn to fight, jjust regular boxing works (also builds character), and start doing cardiovascular training. More people wearing more guns are the last thing you guys need.

get the SP101, trust me, you'll love it

First of all, since you are a liberal and usually a gun control guy, you should not buy a gun. You do not deserve it. Those who oppose or have opposed the second amendment, and thus helped infringing upon it, do not deserve firearms to protect themselves, or their loved ones, under any circumstance. You were and are wrong OP, its people like you that kill people, not the folk with guns.
Secondly, you've had MDD and PTSD and made suicide attempts before. You really think its a smart thing to own a gun with that around? I know the answer, and since you're a liberal cunt, so do you,

>expecting a legitimate answer on b
good idea faggot

I'm not sure you can even buy a gun if you've had mental health issues. Let alone get a concealed carry permit.

Perhaps you ought to get a knife or pepper spray.

you will be turned down from purchasing a firearm with previous mental health issues man.

I have a KAHR cw45, it's a pretty good piece. If you're not familiar with guns, it might be a bit much for a starter. I'd recommend a .38 special revolver for you.

lol look at the triggered snowflake

/thread

>I'm not sure you can even buy a gun if you've had mental health issues. Let alone get a concealed carry permit.
You can if you've never been involuntary committed.

- smartgunlaws.org/mental-health-reporting-in-oregon/

Also, if IIRC, mental conditions don't show up in federal background checks due to privacy laws. And the cases where that has happened, it's because the person found themselves in situations where both the judge and courts felt their conditions needed to be made available.

I think liberals are going to learn to love guns since you crazy right wing fucks seem to love the idea of murdering us all for disagreeing with you.

Pic related, it's my latest toy Nice firebird upper, cheap DPMS lower.

you probably want to get a 9mm. i've never bought a real gun myself, but i have buckled due to recent events. i'm getting myself a 9mm for christmas. i don't want to sprain my wrist while firing a weapon is why im practically getting a pea shooter.

My favorite is a .357 revolver loaded with some .38 special rounds.

Isn't there a loophole where he can buy from a collector or something?

Go to a fucking gunsmith

it's not really a loophole, private sales just don't require a background check.

false

Ah, interesting. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Have a pile of kittens.

Get training first. Then buy a gun.

how does going for a swim help at all??

Just using common sense here.
Seems valid m8

mah nigga

this. he's fucking retarded, and a wacko.

lol the NRA wants him to buy a gun. Why don't you want him to buy a gun? Are you a commie?

Springfield xd9.

don't worry im not in the business of using my firearms except for target practice. i get along with everyone and am very liberal myself. I live in Portland also, i just agree that the anti second amendment crowd doesn't deserve to own firearms now just because shits getting real. they didn't want them before and tried to oppress them but now they might have a need for them they want to carry without any training.

Get a semi automatic, you have a better than average chance of shooting your self when cleaning it or crying in a mirror.

Same dude as above, just read your mental illness part. That being said, you can't get a legal firearm no matter how hard you tried. Stick to katanas or Viking swords or fedoras or whatever you liberal faggots neck beards use.

gun show/private seller sure but if you go to a gun shop and they can pull it up on your background check they will turn you away.

hopefully you arent really waiting until xmas..

I think he's saying to train your swimming/diving skills so in case of an emergency you can escape easier.

See .

Oh so the 2nd Amendment doesn't apply to all Americans? Go fuck yourself fascist.

ahh ok. plus niggers cant swim so he'll be safer in the water

Gun ranges offer beginner safety introduction courses. Recommend you attend one and see how it goes. I think the best choice for beginner civilian who wants to get a concealed carry permit is a revolver. The .38 special as others have mentioned is nice. Simple, easy to maintain, reliable.

Home defense best bet is a shotgun.

only if it's been put on his record. Plus it is soooo easy to get a gun through private sales he really doesn't need to take a risk if he wants to buy. Armslist comes to mind.

This

And this.

Can you answer a question, OP? If for all these years you thought other people -just like you- were morally wrong for wanting, and did not deserve, a gun for THEIR own safety, what makes you now so convicted that -you- deserve one for yours?

go for 9mm, a little less kick, can be a little smaller, easier for carrying

For home defense get a shotgun.

If you're really serious about this concealed carry/hero fantasy then go for a 38 caliber revolver.

And get educated how to use whatever gun/s you purchase.

nice try commie. i think its exrtremely hypocritical for anti gun people to flip the script now because they are getting scared. i'm not on either side btw so go fuck yourself antifa larper

>38 special revolver
lol op doesnt live in a 1980s cop movie, this is reality. get a semi-auto in at least 9mm.

Educated not only being how to shoot and maintain it, but also get some combat shooting training, if you end up in a firefight, its gonna be a shitshow if you don't know what to do.

.38 rounds won't penetrate a windshield. Load .357s.

delet this
i love my 38 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't think semi automatics are a good choice for someone new to gun use and maintenance.

Make sure you put it on the dashboard of your car for fast easy access and cops appreciate it when they can see it right off the bat, it calms them down when you are honest like that.

based on what? it's not fucking rocket surgery.

Lol can you see op with a .357 mag.
>gun goes off
>wrist Flys back
>high pitch screams
>tears start

As long as you're going for an underpowered weapon, get a .380 sub-compact. You can carry it in your front pocket. But I warn you, if you miss something vital, it'll just piss them off.

Op, get a savage .338 lapua. Trust me it will work just fine

revolvers in general are retarded choices for cc or personal/home defense

probably not best for the first time gun owner then

>If for all these years you thought other people -just like you- were morally wrong for wanting, and did not deserve, a gun for THEIR own safety
Never really thought that, myself. Just felt with this country's disturbingly high rate of gun crimes, better regulations should be implemented to tackle that. Especially for inner cities, where lax gun availability appear to cause more problems. Instead out in the country, or away from general populaces, where having firearms actually make more sense.

>what makes you now so convicted that -you- deserve one for yours?
Increasing concern over my own personal safety.

to be fair, the regular citizen isn't likely to be targeted by terrorists or assasins or any other activists like a government official is

>oh my gosh, America and the world is so unsafe these days

>much less safe place now

are you fucking kidding. oh my god, tell me this is a fucking troll. because this is literally and exactly wrong

ucr.fbi DOTSZ gov SLASH crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/violent-crime/violent-crime-topic-page/violentcrimemain_final

Go buy a .223 AR or a 7.62 OP, trip it out with an ACOG and echofire trigger and learn to shoot a real gun

Get a shotgun.
Load it.
Put it in your mouth.
Pull the trigger.

>223
lol he's not hunting squirrels in his back yard

get the 7.62 op ammo is way fucking cheaper. im a poorfag only had my .223 out 3 times this year

People who fellatiate the second amendment always fail to take into account it's relevance in the modern day. Originally it was meant to protect the people in event that our government turned tyrannical, should that happen today, small arms and automatics wouldn't do much against the drone strikes and modern tech our military employs.

>Especially for inner cities, where lax gun availability appear to cause more problems.

yeah, sure, that's the problem

neither 357 or 38 will be reliable when shooting through a slanted window. Whether it's a car window or regular glass. Both will require at least 2 or 3 shots to hit the driver, at which point 38 is going to be the better option due to the fact that recoil will fuck with your aim less.

well duh, all you fucks do is get rich off drugs and party
who the hell would bother with condoms when they have such a nice life

>Increasing concern over my own personal safety.
Why is your concern for your safety valid, but the concerns of people in years past - people denied the right to self defense by policies you seem to support - were invalid?

Also, I encourage you to look into the 1958 court case Riss v City of New York. Read the judge's decision and the dissent in that case. She feared for her safety, tried repeatedly to get a gun "permit," and was denied. Was her concern invalid?

Honestly I'm seconding 9mm semi. Something like a glock, where even doughnut gobbling cops can't fuck the gun up.

American is crazy with the symbols. You cling to ancestor (Irish-american, Italian etc... it's normal in every country but no one else cares). You put flags every where. You cling to green frogs, or groups symbols, political symbols. Salutes. You're alt-right, latino, white, feminist, progressive, traditional, pan-demisexual, christian, redneck, texan. Did I mention all the flags.

Everybody says that American's are just clinging to some kind of identity and that's generally the theory people accepted.

Now you're clinging to all the damn identities at once, and flashing symbols everywhere? Did you all lose your minds?

pistols are what you use when your getting your gun

youtu.be/aUAFYW1eaDs

>small arms and automatics wouldn't do much against the drone strikes and modern tech our military employs.
OH BOY HERE WE GO

>this fucking faggot doesn't realize it only takes one bullet to change the course of humanity

It'll also handle a pack of rampaging niggers pretty well.

so much stuff you think matters, but you didn't make a point. Well, what else to expect from a liberal

>Why is your concern for your safety valid
Because it's valid to me.

>but the concerns of people in years past - people denied the right to self defense by policies you seem to support - were invalid?
>were invalid?
Never said that.

FUCK Sup Forums
FUCK Sup Forums

CANCER
CANCER
CANCER

get a peacemaker, not practical but cool as fuck

Of course, because you're a human piece of shit liberal. Thinking or accepting responsibility isn't your thing.

>I've had MDD and PTSD (nothing related to guns) since I was a kid, and made suicide attempts before

You should not own a gun. Period.

When things get heated and emotional, rash actions occur. Add a gun to the mix, then temporary problems quickly receive a permanent solution.

>Riss v City of New York
That was more over the police's inability to protect a woman from an abusive ex than it was gun politics.

>Make a political post
>Keep the Sup Forums shit at minimum
Yeah no fuck off

Things don't seem to matter as much when you live in a wasteland country.

>She feared for her safety, tried repeatedly to get a gun "permit," and was denied

From the dissent: “What makes the City's position [denying any obligation to protect the woman] particularly difficult to understand is that, in conformity to the dictates of the law [she] did not carry any weapon for self-defense. Thus, by a rather bitter irony she was required to rely for protection on the City of New York which now denies all responsibility to her.”

In your shoes my friend i choose a makarov its a russian made cold war era
Conceable gun u can buy one for 400 bucks,has a fixed barrel easy to clean and very very good pieace.
Ammo wer cheap too.
pic related.

Yeah, but the main thing about RVCNY, the catalyst, was the city's inability to protect her from someone who was reported to have harassed her. The gun part is just one of the details of that case. And it could also be less a case about gun politics, and more because she was a woman.

>Never said that.
Wait - then I'm confused. How could you have supported gun bans, if you saw other people's self-defense as a valid reason, and knew that the right to own the tools of self defense is Constitutionally protected?

lel

>How could you have supported gun bans
Never said anything about bans. Also your syntax in these posts are becoming more-and-more incoherent.

Pistole Parabellum 1908

>but the main thing about RVCNY, the catalyst, was the city's inability to protect her from someone who was reported to have harassed her.

But that was well established case law over 100 years old by that time, in South v. Maryland (1856), where SCOTUS ruled law enforcement officers had no affirmative duty to protect private individuals from other private individuals. It wasn't at issue in RVCNY, it was a known fact.