How can i quit smoking weed?

how can i quit smoking weed?

literally dont there are no downsides

start smoking cigarettes or drinking

wym user. just don't smoke it. there is no withdrawal

Quitting smoking is pure hell for me, however it only last about two weeks.

Weed^

>lung cancer
>cardiovascular diseases (plural)
>advanced decay of brain cells

Id hate to know what an upside looks for you

No downsides?
I bet we all know this one guy who had an average intelligence, and one day he just starts to smoke weed.
Smoking continues on a daily basis for a few years and now he's so fucking slow in his head it's annoying to talk to him.

just like that

kys

vape weed

this

OP if you relapse just buy a cookie jar timed safe and lock ur weed and the key is it for a 1 week timer

Go to fairly conservative church, fall in love with moralfag qt3.14, keep busy with Jesus stuff

Start doing coke like an adult, you pleb.

I beg to differ in legal states you're right but when you buy it from the streets you're ALWAYS at risk.

wrong reply was meant for the one above you.

you realise there is no such thing as a weed addiction and life gets better.

You just stop. It's pretty easy. They call it self control.

this faggot either hasn't smoked for long, or just doesn't smoke much anyway. try going from a quarter ounce a day habit cold turkey after a decade

Goddamn. A quarter a day. Im over here thinkong i have a problem going through a quarter in 2 weeks.

>quarter ounce a day habit

might as well just throw urself in the trash my dude

Youre right hes not addicted to weed hes addicted to thc

The reason psychedelic drugs work is they mimic chemicals which are either already present in the brain or can be manufactured by the brain. That means there's nothing you can get from a drug that you can't also get from meditation and biofeedback. All those serene monks you see meditating for hours? They're stoned off their tits on their own brain chemistry.

Most major cities have a meditation centre where you can learn to meditate from a proper roshi (teaching master). If money is an issue, most roshis will not turn anyone away for lack of funds, and will accept a respect offering of something like a bowl of oranges instead.

The benefit of achieving the same effects of cannabis through meditation is that it's free, it's legal, and there are no side effects. On the contrary, meditation actually improves your general health.

Its not that hard tho. Just put it down lol.

How i did it.

I only smoked at night. And slowly been pushing back the time id smoke to like smoking before bed. And then just tried a whole day to two days. And then after thay 3rd day i was good

Someone doesn't know what a vaporizer is.

I know a guy who smokes an ounce a day. He uses it to keep him stable from his crack habit. He once gave me an entire plastic shopping bag packed full of shake because he said he'd have to smoke the entire bag to feel any effect from it.

Stop buying it and stop going to friends who you do it with. Worked for me

Also id only smoke if i really needed it. But i was good at not needing it. Just keep myswlf busy when id get a craving. Ive quit about 4 times already. Long term too. Due to work n shit.

you can get a lot out of meditation for sure, but that monk would not be alive without interacting with the physical world, which has it's exclusive sensations

Fuuuck. That would be awesome to get. Am i the only one tha likes shake? I usually ask my guy for some just because he gives it for cheap.

become a adult.

there's no hope at this point, you've smoked yourself gay.

i also know people that have been smoking for years on end and are still very sharp

Kek. Those estrogen receptors are on fire

Dude we as humans will never transcend into adulthood.

oh there's hope, that used to be my habit. it took at least 3 months to gain mental stability after quitting that cold turkey though, and I would say about 6 months to feel "normal" again. 3 years down the line and I'm working a job that has random drug testing - something I wouldn't have even considered before. but there comes a point in your late 20s when you want to do better than having to stick to shit jobs just so you can get baked

DO IT FAGGOT

Get addicted to heroin.
Then quit that cold turkey
After that you can cold turkey ANYTHING.

whenever you're about to smoke some weed, don't

Transcendence and Mature Thought in Adulthood
This book is one of the very first to concentrate upon positive growth and development in the more advanced years of life. Incorporating both traditional Western paths of development and Eastern, meditative approaches, and both theoretical and empirical material, the contributors explore the many paths to postformal and postconventional development. They challenge the field of psychology to reconsider some of its most fundamental premises concerning how people change and develop over the course of their lives, including many of its conventional metaphysical and ontological assumptions; and they challenge the reader to actively continue his or her own growth process.

Stop being a faggot

literal books on this

yeah popcorn lung does sound appealing!

A quarter a day? I'm the oldest of old ags and waked and baked for 10 years during the '80's. All commercial weed. (That's what we called it.) Basically shit. No one, I mean no one, smoked a quarter a day. Also- quitting is easy as shit. No withdrawal at all. You just miss it when doing shit like laundry and dishes.

do deh heroin, dude

I keep hearing this.but what does it mean?

Bayer had a drug to assist with alcohol addiction years ago. That might help you. It was called Heroin. I think its still available. Try that.

Vape, or do edibles

I was up to 1/8 a day... I was 19. Stopped cold turkey and shook for a week with a migraine that lasted as long.

Everyone says this shit is not addictive. Bullshit.

Bruh i feel like im on something else whwn im high and cleaning the house. It puts me in the zone

HOLY SHIT YOU GUYS MEAN TO TELL ME THAT BOTH SITUATIONS CAN EXIST IN THE SAME WORLD!?! GET THE FUCK OUT!

Weed doesn't give you popcorn lung even if you use a vaporizer.

I stuck the bag in a cupboard and forgot about it until I was cooking up a big batch of soup. It was kind of bland, so I started hunting through the kitchen for something to spice it up and found the bag of shake. I dumped the whole thing into the pot and let it simmer for an hour or so.

I took a few spoonfuls and waited for ten minutes. When nothing happened, I helped myself to two huge bowls. And about forty minutes later I was so out of my fucking mind that I couldn't even stand. After a couple of hours of staring at the kaleidoscope the world had become, I finally just collapsed unconscious and slept for close to 12 hours. I woke up AND WAS STILL STONED.

What's your point? Like you say, no one smokes a quarter a day. All your knowledge is based on people who don't smoke a quarter a day. If someone does happen smoke a quarter a day, don't pretend you know what quitting that would be like.

>how can i quit smoking weed?
You just stop smoking weed; that's all you have to do. The next time you get the urge to smoke weed; just don't. The next time someone says something like, "Hey you wanna smoke some weed?" you just say, "No thank you."
It's fucking weed. It's not like meth or smack; fuck it's not even like cigarettes. It's really not that addictive. If you can't quit or at least take a break easily then you're weak.

lol Mushroom soup

No ive never known that guy. But in a way im like this but its only because i dont like talking to people.

A migrane lol, have you ever tried to quit cigarettes?

Give me all of your weed.

Done it twice now. Wats yer point?

Sup Forums isn't physically addictive, and yet here we all are. We're all weak.

Get a life outside of weed, get a hobby.

Idk man. I get an itch when i dont use. And god forbid i dont roll dubs. I need my dubs

I'm addicted to high weirdness. Why are you here?

lol, nothing like being a complete asshole and irrational cunt to everyone around you, knowing you're doing it but unable to stop. Fuck cigarette withdrawal.

i smoke a eight a day for 5 years and i can tell you there are no withdrawals
its all mental, took me a long ass time to quit and the help of some supportive friends/gf but its literally all in your head
just find a way to fill up time and stop being a weak willed faggot
once you dont smoke for 3+ days you realize what a bitch you were before
and drinking absolutely helps, shit even gayass cigarettes if you absolutely need to fill a buzz afterwork
all mental i swear to you , past junkies honors

I have nothing better to do with my life.

Meh, forget him, he's a cunt.

good advice actually

agreed but it is more a personality/psychological thing. Not all people get withdraw from quitting weed, but all people do get horrible withdraw from quitting heroin. I'm in the same boat as you, outside of work I'm always smoking if it's not weed I have a cigarette in my hand pretty much every 10-30 mins I'm either taking hits from my piece or smoking a cig all day, everyday. I have to quit smoking chronic soon and it's going to be fucking difficult. I need a car and weed takes like half of every paycheck. So gonna have to take off like 6 months or so. Really looking forward to starting again though ;) My tolerance just like yours likely is off the charts.

Hahahahhahahahhahahahah you are such a faggot. Booo hooo you can't use your happy weed. Grow up

It worked for you. Shit hits ppl different. there are no solid rules.

this

the delicious irony of spending your time telling strangers on the internet to grow up

I don't know about you bud but for me this place is just gap filler. I'm killing about half an hour until I've got some stuff to do. I spend as much time as I can away from you guys.

Right. I smoke an 8th in 3 days and i be pissed at myself

Rather be a hypocrite than an addict

My point? If anyone is smoking modern weed at a rate of a quarter ounce a day they've left the plane of earthly existence. I lived in a big city fresh out of college. All the corporate higher ups were fueled on booze and coke. All the people that would have been on Sup Forums if it had existed at the time smoked weed. All the time. Weak ass shit compared to today. I've only occasionally smoked modern weed. Two hits is mind blowing and debilitating. I get that a person could build up a tolerance but a quarter a day? Not unless it's some complete shit.

My point is the reason people say that addiction isn't there, is that it takes a lot longer to get to where you have a psychological dependence on ganja. But the truth of the matter is you can become addicted to almost anything. The withdrawls from nicotine are horrible in comparison, and people try to act like they are equivalent in dependence and addiction.

and then that one day you get stressed and someones smoking a cig infront of you, and you tell yourself its just one cigarette, it wont do any harm. Next thing you know you're buying a new pack of smokes like 6 months meant nothing.

Don't your nose will itch everytime you read or hear the word coke....

this guy thinks he's won something here...let's just smile and nod

>>lung cancer
>>cancer
>>CANCER

Summer is hot near here dont you think? THC in marijuana CURES cancer, thats why hippies, rastafaris and weed smokers in general dont suffer from cancer

It's just you two. Nobody else cares about your sissyfight.

>quarter ounce a day
>smoking 7.5grams a day
lmao who the fuck wastes this much time and money smoking that much? you must be using some fake weed and are rellying solely on the oxygene deprivation inhaling large volumes of smoke starves your brain of, to get high off of.

no one gives a shit

>your brain of, to get high off of
with such intelligent elocution you must really know what you're talking about

That guy is a deadbeat for doing a quart a day for a decade; but honestly though if you put your mind to it you'd be surprised how much you can get through in a day.

Dry herb vape not pre filled cart Vapes you tard

First we need to know why the fuck u would even want to do that?

*was, that guy isn't creating pro-weed threads on an anime board so he's doing quite a bit better than some people here

No it can cause cancer and it sure as he'll don't cure cancer, slow it at best but then again can still cause it.

ive smoked for over 8 years, the past 5 years its a daily thing. I will get high 2-3 time a day and I always manage to make an eighth last a week. its not a money or availability thing, I just dont build a crazy tolerance like some of you all.

Quitting isnt hard at all. I quit for the first time ever several months back after I had lasik surgery. quit for 10 days before going back to some edibles. recently I quit for 3 weeks on a vacation. I sure do love getting high but being without it for a week or three wont kill you.

do some LSD. but not a recreational dose. at least 300ug. have someone experienced and trustworthy watch you over and check if what you have is not nbome or some other rc. weed turns you into a day dreaming vegetable slowly. LSD will set you free.

and that's a different situation to the one posed in the comment you decided to reply to so I'm not sure what you're point is, but okay

Sounds like me

Meh, difficult to say without delving into a bunch of stuff about subjective vs objective standards for lifestyle choices and a heap of other shit I'd really rather not deal with right now.

>Not dropping acid and smoking weed at the same time

i mean i quit cold turkey after smoking an eighth of medicinal-quality every single day for like half a year (smoked daily for about 5 years, but usually only a few bowls per day. it got out of control towards the end). had a very rough time falling asleep the first few nights after quitting, but otherwise no significant withdrawal symptoms.