US: Jawbreaker, Richard Hell & The Voidoids, The Gun Club, Quicksand, Hüsker Dü, Fugazi, Days N Daze, Touché Amoré...

US: Jawbreaker, Richard Hell & The Voidoids, The Gun Club, Quicksand, Hüsker Dü, Fugazi, Days N Daze, Touché Amoré, 7 Seconds, i hate myself, Funeral Diner, Jawbox, Ampere, Tragedy/His Hero is Gone, pg.99, Judge, Rites of Spring, The Nerve Agents, The Replacements, Dag Nasty, Gorilla Biscuits, On the Might of Princes, Seaweed, Bad Brains, Against Me!, Youth of Today, The Dicks, The Cramps, X, The Gits, Rail Yard Ghosts, Planes Mistaken for Stars, Heroin, Terror, Wipers, Have Heart, Blacklisted, Descendents, Jay Reatard, Flipper, Germs, Zero Boys, Circle Jerks, Dead Boys, Samiam, Squirrel Bait, Madball, Cro-Mags, Hot Water Music

UK: Amebix, Fall of Efrafa, Flux of Pink Indians, Conflict, Stiff Little Fingers, Leatherface, Wire, Rudimentary Peni, X-Ray Spex, Subway Sect, The Skids, The Damned, Axegrinder, The Mekons, Sham 69, Angelic Upstarts, The Ruts, The Undertones, Icon AD, GBH, Crass, Omega Tribe, Anti-Nowhere League, The Clash, UK Subs, Toxic Ephex, The Adicts, Chaos UK, Abrasive Wheels

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_nwGndfR4l4
youtube.com/watch?v=xcyOzDIQF-M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

US punk sucks. British punk sounded the best before 1984

I disagree, but what are your favorites?

youtu.be/_nwGndfR4l4

UK easily. Too bad Nomeasno is from Canada, then it'd be more of a contest. Uk still wins tho.

uk is shit. post punk is shit.

punk is shit fuck off and die

Destructors, The Enemy, Crisis, Undead, Discharge, Exit Stance, The Mad Are Sane, Disrupters

Talking Heads is the best punk band and Marquee Moon is the best punk album

I actually got to travel with Rail Yard Ghosts on their Nohio Tour last year. Incredible people and musicians.

Wow, that must've been an interesting experience. They're pretty amazing, especially considering the traveling hobo thing

Great bands. I only didn't include them because I wanted to keep the lists to a pretty strict definition of punk.

Thanks for listing!
Decent bands, but I really do disagree. I think the mid 70s New York scene had a lot of interesting stuff to offer, and I think hardcore in both countries improved as genres like crust punk and ppost-hardcore continued to evolve.

I went to see them at Kamp Krusty in WV with two friends, and we ended up traveling with them about a week, then they dropped us off where we could easily hitch to Philly and catch the sbd IMs from there. I'm also a hobo folk punk musician.

This is me
captainchucke.bandcamp.com

As far as the actual topic, gotta go with US, though I only punk I really listen to folk punk.

Nice!
It's neat how the folk punk scene has evolved. I like Days N Daze, RYG, Ramshackle Glory, and Mouse and Banjo a lot

So do you have a problem with Sex Pistols or are you just a contrarian cunt?

The only "problem" I have with them is that they aren't a favorite band. I like PiL's first 3 albums, but pretty much the only Pistols songs I like are Bodies and Submission. Sorry for not liking what you like.

I like both.

>likes Sham 69
>dislikes The Sex Pistols

How the fuck does that work?

Sham had a lot of great songs. I can see you're really butthurt about this.

I invite you to make your own lists and post them here.

Daily reminder.........

epic

The objective truth is:
US punk > UK post-punk > UK punk > US post-punk.

Archie is legit af. But he should stop fucking around with that bimbo Betty, and get with Veronica already.

this song is better than anything punk ever produced

youtube.com/watch?v=xcyOzDIQF-M

however: uk post punk >>>>> punk

C'mon, Television alone makes US punk better than UK punk by a mile.

Also,The Clash sucks.

prefer US, more variety and different movements I love exploring and comparing regional scenes and thats not really as much of a thing in the UK

not that there arent some fucking amazing uk bands and scenes and movements, it's just so much smaller

American

British

Technically, Stiff Little Fingers, and The Undertones are IRISH!

Northern Irish. They're both from Belfast, which is part of the UK

It's funny because there's a lot of shitty bands in the US punk while in the UK there's none or i cant remember now. But i still prefer US punk.

I bet you wear orange and drink Bushmill's don't you? (Next you'll be telling me The Exploited, Oi Polloi, and The Rezillos are actually British)

I'm American and I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'm pretty sure SLF were protestants, if you want to talk about Celtic independence movements. I imagine Oi Polloi probably were for Scottish independence given their leftist politics, but I don't remember the Rezillos ever being a political band.
You do realize the Skids are Scottish, right?

>C'mon, Television alone makes US punk better than UK punk by a mile.
yes
>Also,The Clash sucks.
no

Alluvial gabrielle shits on this thread rip joey ramone tho