Ask a Schizophrenic anything. I may take a while to reply sometimes, be patient

Ask a Schizophrenic anything. I may take a while to reply sometimes, be patient.
Free (you)s for all posters!

Professional or self diagnosis?

How does your schizophrenia manifest?

no need.

the secret world of arrietty

did I like it?

wanna fug?

>Professional or self diagnosis?
Professional.
>How does your schizophrenia manifest?
Can you be more specific?
>no need.
To what?
>the secret world of arrietty
Huh?
>did I like it?
Like what?
>wanna fug?
Who you

Shinobu of Kiss Shot ?

>Can you be more specific?
What exactly are your symptoms and how severe are they?

>Shinobu of Kiss Shot ?
Is that even a question?
>What exactly are your symptoms
Extreme attacks of paranoia and anxiety, hallucinations both visual and auditory (usually pretty mild, but can be very bad), emotional flatness, catatonia

Which is the cause of your condition? (Any trauma? Too much 2-D grills?)

>Which is the cause of your condition?
I don't know the exact cause, but I believe I was born with it.

what lvl is your condition at i.e hearing voices, hearing god ect..

fellow schizobro, do you smoke weed? i do and ive been told stopping would help

>what lvl is your condition at i.e hearing voices, hearing god ect..
I primarily hear voices, random ass sounds like birds chirping.
No voices from god though.
>fellow schizobro, do you smoke weed?
I do occasionally. I haven't seriously smoked in a few months though.
>i do and ive been told stopping would help
Well, weed makes me psychotic, but it also makes me feel like I have more control over it and it makes me feel like I'm normal.
But there are some down sides to smoking it with schizo. it makes all the symptoms worse.

Bamp

Try smoking indica instead of sativa. While sativa affects mostly the brain, indica affects from shoulders and below

>Try smoking indica instead of sativa.
I prefer Sativa. I don't like the "bodyhigh" from pure indicas it makes me feel really crazy.

Do you know why you are so likeable and relatable? I have been lurking your threads for months, asked couple questions too. I wish I could be closer friends with you and talk about everything with no worries or hurries.

Language barrier is tough though and time is not infinite and you may not like it.

I browse other image-boards, rarely even that. But I check couple times Sup Forums just to find if you've made a thread. It's like hearing news from a friend and how they've been doing.

Am I desperate, or do I like you as a person based of profiling, confused.

Based on profiling* etc, many typos. Typed it in a hurry.

Can a penis be feminine?

Hi shinobu I checked out kizomongatari it was nice should I watch the other two?

Hey user, bipolarfag here. Remember that your disorder is considered a disability and you can get accommodations if you're too sick to work or get a higher education. It's how I'm staying alive in college, I'd flunk out if I didn't have absence leniency and completing assignments later if I fall behind due to a mood swing.

All the best and hang in there. Go to therapy and take your medicine and you'll be alright.

>Do you know why you are so likeable and relatable?
I don't. It's something that baffles me every time someone says it. I don't consider myself any of those things.
>I wish I could be closer friends with you and talk about everything with no worries or hurries.
You can add me on Kik: SchziOP
I have other methods of communication if that doesn't work for you.
>Am I desperate, or do I like you as a person based of profiling, confused.
I dunno, user. People seem to be attracted to me.
>Can a penis be feminine?
No.
>Hi shinobu
Hiya
>I checked out kizomongatari it was nice
Glad you enjoyed it.
>should I watch the other two?
If you liked the first one, you should. I'm sure they'll be even better.

Why are you not taking your meds I'm a schizophrenic also and I take my meds and my quality of life is better albeit the side effects are annoying

>Hey user, bipolarfag here.
Heyo.
>Remember that your disorder is considered a disability
I know, but I'm not eligible for disability, as I've never worked. I'm on SSI though, which keeps me alive.
>All the best and hang in there.
Thanks, user. Hang in there, yourself.
>Go to therapy and take your medicine and you'll be alright.
I don't do therapy, nor take medications.
>Why are you not taking your meds
Because I don't take medication for anything.

Yeah I should do that before watching the new season.

Yea you'd be a lot less interesting if you did take your meds, There will be a point where youll be forced to take them though

>Yeah I should do that before watching the new season.
That's probably a good idea.
>Yea you'd be a lot less interesting if you did take your meds
Also, I would be a zombie. I'll pass.
>There will be a point where youll be forced to take them though
No there won't.

So you don't mind talking on some type of platform? More precisely do you enjoy it? I don't want to bother, I just like talking with people and you seem like someone who has been "still" in their live for a while, and has had time to think more about stuff than people usually could.

I prefer voice over text, but either way is fine.

Hows your memory? Dominant on visual? How do you usually remember stuff and do you use any methods? Just curious

Any anime your currently watching right now?

Bipolarfag again.

I don't want to be that guy, but medication can be very effective if it's prescribed by a knowledgeable physician. It's trial-and-error since some have the ability to cause significant side effects, but this is not the case with everyone. Some medication may not work with you, but others might and there's quite a few medications out there to choose from. It's not like it was ten years ago when the only choice for treating my condition was lithium, depakote, and lamictal.

Right now, I take lithium, lamictal, benztropine, and zyprexa. It sounds like a lot of medication, but the only side effect I'm having that's long term is drowsiness. That's fixed with a boost from caffeine.

If you're on SSI, then I'm guessing that you're on Medicaid as well. This may limit the quality of the professionals that you may see, but I really recommend that you give medication a decent try. It might be enough to get you off of SSI and will give you the ability to atleast attend a trade school and make a decent living. Financial aid covers my education 100%, and it might you as well.

Like I said, I don't want to be the guy that wants to throw medication at everything, but in your case, I think it may significantly improve your life.

>So you don't mind talking on some type of platform?
I don't mind at all, if you have a preferred platform (other than discord) I'd be glad to talk to you there.
>More precisely do you enjoy it?
I do enjoy the company.
>I prefer voice over text, but either way is fine.
I'm not super big on voice, but if I get to know you I'll probably come around to it.

>Hows your memory?
Pretty shitty.
>Dominant on visual?
Pretty much, most things I remember are things I've seen.
>How do you usually remember stuff and do you use any methods?
I don't have any specific methods to remembering. I just think about what I want to remember, and I see a picture of whatever it was.
If I'm remembering something someone has said, I'll see a picture of the time they were talking and the words they said will be in "speech bubbles"
>Any anime your currently watching right now?
I'm not currently watching anything other than Rick and Morty when the episodes release.

Do you have any catatonic or physical symptoms?

Oh, just saw your earlier post. Well can you describe your catatonia at least? What's it like?

>rick and morty
Only watched half of the first season didn't appealed to me much

how many dicks have you tasted in the name of schizophrenic?

>but medication can be very effective if it's prescribed by a knowledgeable physician
I know, but I don't rely on medication for anything. I'd rather deal with my problems myself. The only time I'll even consider taking medication is if it's life or death.
I'd take death over the current medications for Schizo.
>Like I said, I don't want to be the guy that wants to throw medication at everything, but in your case
I appreciate your concern; but, it's just not something I'm willing to do.
>Well can you describe your catatonia at least? What's it like?
I have a lot of compulsive movements (or lack thereof)
For example, there are times when I literally cannot get out of my chair. Or I'll compulsively move my arms in weird ways and have little twitches.
>how many dicks have you tasted in the name of schizophrenic?
Zer0

When and what were your first symptoms? Did you immediately think it was schizo when a symptom first arose?

Sounds good. Theres more emotion and greater understanding in voice, that's why I prefer it even though I'm kinda "shy".

Btw what's wrong with Discord, great all around platform. What would you use?

>When and what were your first symptoms?
Well, I believe some of the strange things that happened in my childhood were my first symptoms, at that time I thought nothing of them though.

But my first recognition of the symptoms was around age 17-19 I don't remember exactly when. I didn't think it was Schizo, but I knew something wasn't right.
>Theres more emotion and greater understanding in voice
That is true, just something about it makes me really uncomfortable though.
>Btw what's wrong with Discord
I just don't like the way it's laid out. I've tried it a few times and couldn't get into it.
>What would you use?
Skype is my main chatty program.

Forgot to reply lel
>>Theres more emotion and greater understanding in voice
>That is true, just something about it makes me really uncomfortable though.
>>Btw what's wrong with Discord
>I just don't like the way it's laid out. I've tried it a few times and couldn't get into it.
>>What would you use?
>Skype is my main chatty program.

Bompo

>But my first recognition of the symptoms was around age 17-19 I don't remember exactly when. I didn't think it was Schizo, but I knew something wasn't right.
What led to you going to a doc to diagnose you?

>What led to you going to a doc to diagnose you?
I went for sleep issues (side effect of Schizo).

>That is true, just something about it makes me really uncomfortable though.

That is totally understandable. Used skype years ago, hopped to ts3 and then to Discord when it came out. Greatest platform so far, just my opinion though. I have my skype account laying around still, I have you added on steam already. But the text-field when typing is too small so it's kinda lame.

You don't mind if I message you some day and ask for skype id? I've never reached out this far with randoms on the internet, but you are like a friend from a past.

Have you talked one on one with anons outside of Sup Forums and if you have, how much and have the conversation gone deep?

>I went for sleep issues (side effect of Schizo).
What kind of issues? Insonmia?

>You don't mind if I message you some day and ask for skype id?
you can message me now if you'd like and I'll send it to you.
>Have you talked one on one with anons outside of Sup Forums
I have, I've made a few decent friends.
>how much and have the conversation gone deep?
I've talked to quite a few, but most don't really stick around.
>What kind of issues? Insonmia?
Insomnia, my sleep schedule flips around like mad, sleeping too long, sleeping to little, just about every problem under the sun.

Bimp

This might be hard to answer but how do your voices "work"? Like is it just uncontrollable speech in your head in a different tone than you think in?

How many voices do you have? What do they sound like? How are their personalities?

>This might be hard to answer but how do your voices "work"?
They are like other people talking in my head. I don't have any control over what they say.
>How many voices do you have?
>What do they sound like?
There are two females, one has a soft voice, one has a raspy voice
The third is male, his voice is kind of quiet, and he doesn't talk often.
>How are their personalities?
Of the females, one is bitchy but in a kind of nice way?
The other is supportive and kind
The male is just kind of "there"

What are some common delusions you've had? Have you ever had psychotic episodes?

Well, I'm going to hop off and get ready for bed, goodnight to anyone lurking