Metallica or Megadeth?

strawpoll.me/13560245
Discuss.

Megadeth but only for the first 4 albums.

megadeth is cool and all but they didn't make ride the lightning

I think the are both great bands, but do to my personal taste I say Metallica

This, Mustaines compositions are overall superior in every way, but they lack the spark of genius of RtL and MoP.

Those two alone are landmark albums.

definitely megadeth, for me i like the raw, hard sound in the first 3 albums which metallica only had in kill em all, they're both great but i do like megadeth more overall

Slayer

Megadeth. Much more intense as a band with much more interesting compositions. Also they didn't have Lars Ulrich watering down everything they are doing, they didn't have Kirk Hammett play generic pentatonic solos in every song to the extent some songs have the exact same parts, they didn't have Mustaine's vocals get as watered down as James'.

Metallica was essentially pop thrash with how slow and overlong their shit was.

Megadeth for their diversity in sound. no album in the first 4 they did sounds alike. Peace Sells > any Metallica album.

You know Kirk's best solos are in KeA and even those are all written by Mustaine.

Megadeth. I like Mustaine's apocalyptic songs, his idiosyncratic voice, and the band's guitar work. I do love Kill 'Em All, but I like Peace Sells and Rust in Peace more.

That said, Mustaine is a tool and I'd much rather interact with Metallica.

This

Mustaine is nice to his fans. He's just honest that's all.

Tbh they're all old dads now. None of them are really angry or anything.

I've recently fallen in love with Mustaine's voice and riffs so I'm going with Megadeth

Born again Mustaine is best Mustaine

Split on this. Megadeth has more great albums but they didn't make RtL or MoP. And Metallica never made anything as shitty as Super Collider.

This

Meh at best. Not sure I'd count it in their discography since it's a collab

I have to go with Megadeth.
Metallica stopped being good after The Black Album.

Peace Sells > Kill em All > Ride the Lightning > Rust in Peace > Killing is my Business > And Justice for All > Master of Puppets > Countdown to Extinction > The Black Album

And the rest aren't really worth talking about, but Megadeth's 2000/10's output is better than anything Metallica has done since the black album

>Mustaine is a tool and I'd much rather interact with Metallica
I'd rather interact with neither, if there is one person on the same level of full retard as Mustaine it's Ulrich.

Ride the Lightning is the best album between the two of them; but Megadeth has more good albums than Metallica has albums total and Dave Mustaine's absolutely invaluable hatred for Metallica makes it that much better- Slayer may have more hateful lyrics at times, but no one embodies pure hatred quite like Mustaine's does.

Megadeth by far.

you can hear mustaines genius in RTL, also KTA. da fuck u on?

Megadeth, love rtl & mop, but the rest of Metallica really doesnt compare

few know about this. but Kirk's best guitar work was in RTL. after that it was just rehashed stuff

>super collider
that's a funny way to spell risk. and I'd listen to risk over Lulu any day

Does anyone give a shit about Anthrax?

Master of Puppets [Elektra, 1986]

I feel at a generational disadvantage with this music not because my weary bones can't take its power and speed but because I was born too soon to have my dendrites rerouted by progressive radio. This band's momentum can be pretty impressive, and as with a lot of fast metal (as well as some sludge) they seem to have acceptable political motivations--antiwar, anticonformity, even anticoke, fine. But the revolutionary heroes I envisage aren't male chauvinists too inexperienced to know better; they don't have hair like Samson and pecs like Arnold Schwarzenegger. That's the image Metallica calls up, and I'm no more likely to invoke their strength of my own free will than I am The 1812 Overture's. B-

Anthrax are always great live and they're total bros who really know how to connect with the audience.

I love both but I listen to more Metallica. (Their early shit)

>Metallica was essentially pop thrash with how slow and overlong their shit was

They don't get up to the same tempos as Megadeth and Slayer, even MOP title track is not _that_ fast once you count the beats in the song carefully.

Slayer relied a lot on studio trickery, they couldn't really play as fast as the records.

where's the "dude metal sucks lmao" option?

Anyone who says megadeth is underage and thinks counterculture for the sake of counterculture is cool

Metallica could play pretty fast live, in fact they've generally played songs faster than the record (eg. LIS '89).

Kirk is pretty good, more than what people give him credit for. I realised that when I was listening to Testament covering Seek and Destroy and when it came to the solo part, they just bent the notes instead of hammer ons.

Now if he could stop with the wah pedals I'd be glad.

Seek and Destroy (as well as the rest of the guitar parts on Kill 'Em All) was Mustaine's work, not Kurt's

Metallica. I understand Megadeth may be a bit more technical, but I always prefer Metallica to listen to.

Neither don't listen to shut music op

I'll take this pile of garbage over anything Mustaine ever did. I may use Lulu's discs as a coaster, but at least it's a sturdy, well crafted coaster. If only Mustaine hired a singer, Megadeth might of been a contender for one of the best Thrash Metal bands ever. But no, gotta do everything, don't you, eh, Dave?