Battlestar Galactica?

What do you guys think, is it worth watching?
If I wanted to start this series, what order should I follow, should I start from the old ones or can I just watch the new series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BbB58X21jxY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The new show starts off really good. Sets up all these interesting concepts, characters, and ideas, but everything completely falls apart at the end. None of the mysteries are ever explained. The few payoffs that come are all terrible and anticlimactic. And the majority of the characters become completely unlikable.

Watch at your own peril.

And here's the usual regurgitated "opinion" that, as with all other such "opinions", you only ever find on the internet, whereas people irl will mostly acknowledge BSG as one of the best sci-fi tv shows ever made, which it is.

These are people who actually did not get hyped for "it's in the frakking ship" and everything that followed that line. People who just can't feel joy or fun or excitement.

OP, just fucking watch it. No need to watch the old one. Watch it and don't fucking look at what anyone on the internet says about it. That goes for any movie or TV show actually. Everyone hates fucking everything these days.

BSG is amazing. All of it.

I have a very negative opinion of the ending of the series, not going to spoil it, but many, MANY people including myself view it as one of the worst endings imaginable for any tv show.

There were a few positive and emotional moments though, but they are not enough to outweigh all the poor writing in the second half of the episode. The first half has some cool CGI scenes and whatnot though.

Give it a shot, the first 3 seasons are some of the most compelling sci-fi I've ever watched. Maybe binge-watching it will make it a lot less disappointing though. One of the reasons I hated the fucking finale so much is because I watched BSG from the very beginning and I was addicted to watching the show, massive fan and everything... it was just such a letdown considering how long I waited for it I guess.

So yes, give it a shot because regardless of the ending and a few bad episodes here and there, the show is 90%+ great shit with characters that will really grow on you.

Blah blah blah.

Usual internet opinion shite.

Just people online parroting the same thing over and over.

What the fuck are you talking about, did you even read what I wrote? I said he should watch it. BSG is probably one of my all time favorite shows ever along with LOST, regardless of how I view the finale. I still re-watch it every year.

Original series is god-tier comfy, but if you aren't really into 70's-era tv show cheesiness, it isn't going to be for you, but just imagine it as a star wars tv show

Reboot is genuinely good though, don't listen to "muh ending" memers because if you aren't a drooling autist you aren't going to care. Watch the miniseries first, then the reboot series, and the movies if you like it

youtube.com/watch?v=BbB58X21jxY

>muh finale is shit

i bet you think that's actually your own, self-formed opinion.

you only developed that "opinion" after you went online and saw legions of other spineless me-toos spouting it.

Proper order is Miniseries -> S1 > S2 > S3 > Razor > S4 > The Plan.

Also there were two web-series that were made, all together they are both the length of a single episode basically. First one takes place on New Caprica, and the second takes place in the middle of Season 4 after they... well not going to spoil it but they find something and it makes people depressed.

And here's the usual regurgitated "opinion" that you will find from bsg fanboys slurping on Ronald Moore's cock.

Many people only continued to watch the show to see where the mysteries and plot was going not for some "fucking ride." A tv show isn't the Spider-Man ride at universal. BSG is one of the laziest written shows in modern times. I don't know anything else that ends in a literal Deus Ex Machina outside of Greek plays.

To the OP if you don't give a shit about stories having a conclusion or actual meaning to them, than feel free to watch BSG.

>don't listen to "muh ending" memers because if you aren't a drooling autist you aren't going to care.

Christ thank you for existing.

Next you'll be saying people loved the Star Wars prequels until the Plinkett reviews came out.

This

Literally didn't even think anything of the ending and actually enjoyed it, and wasn't until I saw people discussing it online I had any idea it was so disliked

Piss off you fucking autist.

Also fucking lol at you complaining about waah deus ex machina, what, have you been ignoring a central theme of the whole show since the beginning? Autism. Once again you just went online, saw what everyone else was saying, and convinced yourself you believed it too.

They did. And this whole culture of nitpicking everything and calling EVERYTHING shit to show how much of a refined critic you are only really kicked off after those RLM reviews got big.

That finale, man.
That fucking finale.
Most people on the internet will tell you bsg has the worst, piece of shit ending they have ever seen, but they're fucking wrong.
It was genius, I never felt as satisfied watching a series finale as I did with Battlestar.
Watch it OP, it will tear your heart out plenty of times but it's fucking worth it.
Also Bear mcCreary's OST is the work of God.

It is my self formed opinion you stupid autist. I watched that shit live, I was incredibly disappointed.

There are very legitimate criticisms of the finale. RDM and his writers were clearly in over their heads with all the plot lines they created, and they didn't know how to properly sort everything out.

If you legitimately think that ending montage is good, or the stupid fucking scene in NYC, or the bullshit Lee Adama ideas, or the bullshit scientifically inaccurate mitocondrial eve, or any of the other inconsistent bullshit in that finale is good you are flat out wrong.

The only redeeming stuff is Chief going off to live in Ireland, and the stuff with Adama and Roslin, as well as the scenes on the Colony / BSG with Cavil.

More based anons.

People like you are the only reason I even come to movie discussion boards anymore.

You might as well treat them as separate entities because they don't overlap except for fan references. They're two different universes.

>scientifically inaccurate

And here we see it. Case in point. Refer to my previous remark re a culture of fucking nitpicking.

You are the autist. You're the one who complains about scientific inaccuracy in a show about the precursors to early civilisation bombing around space fleeing from fucking sentient fleshy robots who believe in God.

Why are you so obsessed here? Who even gives a fuck, I'm allowed to have a different opinion than you.

I still love BSG and as I've said, it's one of my favorite shows of all time so I don't really care what you have to say. I was still disappointed in the finale and I could write an entire fucking essay on why that is if I wanted to.

Jesus I hope you're trolling. Either that or the projection is unreal.
You just get a little nerd boner seeing spaceships and robots flying around and get pissy when people point out how the story is a completely rushed, not planned out, mess that was created by the writers just doing shit they thought was cool with no idea where it would lead.

>They did.
Thanks for proving my point.

Don't bother user. They're obviously an aspy nerd who gets triggered when people say anything bad about their precious.

>"LEE TURNS AROUND AND KARA DISAPPEARS -10000000000000/10 WORST SERIES EVER!!!!!!!!!!"

I watched it for the first time when I was drinking a lot, so I forgot who some of the cylons were and my second time marathoning the series was just as awesome. Don't let a bad ending stop you from enjoying something great. Everything ultimately ends badly.

It's true, I mean I shit on the finale a lot, but it's still better than most other tv shows out there honestly.
The show has some of the most memorable / good music of any show too, I still listen to the soundtracks every now and then, especially the S2 soundtrack.

So basically it's overall a good show wether I'll like the ending or not.
Thanks guys, think I'll start watching it today.

This being my first internet discussion of BSG, never spoiled by the hacker known as 4chin.

First seasons are great. I was sucked in by the first episode. Highly reccomend
Latter seasons trail a bit in quality.

I thought the ending was meh. (5/10) Let's just say if I was in that position, I would not have thrown all my culture's great technological advancements into the sun so that I could breed with some Earth cavemen and give them my religion that would turn into a mythology after Christianity showed up.

Writing good endings is really hard.

It's been some years since I watched it, but... what was the deal with the Cylons? I remember they wiped out humanity, but the human-looking ones were also trying to breed with humanity for some reason? Also, I remember it turned out humans were actually aliens and they landed on earth and interbred with actual humans? So what happened to the human-cylon hybrids? What was any of that supposed to do with each other?