Am I the only one who loves this game? I feel like when I was 6 reading my first sci-fi novel...

Am I the only one who loves this game? I feel like when I was 6 reading my first sci-fi novel. Dont get why everyone hated it even before the recent updates...

Yes.

Because it gets really repetitive after a short while and the price isn't fair at all for such a rushed and unfinished game.

Typical/totally original response. Plz kill self

this
but if you dont feel its repetitive op, then enjoy

It was incomplete and falsely advertised. You have the right to enjoy a vidya purchase, but it didn't deliver on what was promised. It's why I won't purchase it unless it's twenty USD or less.

kys feg

>he right tho

>this

Thank god PSN did refunds. Did the new updates make it less shit?

Op here, pardon my ignorance but what did the developers promise that pissed everyone off?

An actually good fucking game with the type of expansive universe we expected, with more than 2 fucking assets to be combined to make animals and planets.

>ignorance

Shittiest explanation but ok..

I thought the game was fun. I just re downloaded it since the new update launched. Some cool shit. Just better stuff to play right now. I only game twice a week and usually end up playing r6

I was never one of the retards bitching about multiplayer. He did tons of interviews and always down played the multiplayer. Everyone kept asking and asking and he kept saying that's not what the game is about. So my expectations were mild.

Op here, cool deal. Yea i love the new stuff they added too, havent experienced the multiplayer aspect yet. Could be cool but honestly playing solo is fun as hell, def satisfying my space exploration desires

Yea I put it on for my daughter yesterday (6) and it blew her mind. Found some rainbow coloured planet with sky snakes. So game def unique. It got too much hate from people who didn't buy it.

Last update is quite neat but I'm still looking for a portal...
Also those "high-capacity" slots in the inventory are bugged aren't they? I buy one but it doesn't get unlocked (thankfully it doesn't cost me money either)
>Playing in PS4

blame Sony, it was originally advertised for a nichee, intended as an exploration game like a walking simulator for space.

How long have you been playing it?

unrelated

Nice, def something kids can enjoy, at least from what I've played so far

Have about 10 hours logged so far

Wat

taken straight from encyclopedia dramatica

I enjoyed it. Put in about 70ish hours until I heard about Empyrion. What NMS should've been, it's still in alpha, but it's only like 20 bucks.

I figured. Give it a week or two, eventually it gets boring. Not a bad game, doesnt deserve half the hate it gets.

The problem is eventually the planets start to look the same, the game feels meaningless after a while. There is no great quest besides getting to the center.

Idk about the updates though, maybe it adds more longevity to it.

Its really fun to play on acid

Holy fuck i bet lol, it's already fun high or drunk

>high or drunk
This. NMS is fucking enjoyable if you are on drugs, like insanely fun to play.

$24 right now and like 90% of what was promised is in the game now plus the foundation of multiplayer

i love this game too, but dont have any money to play it original, so

Fuck yes. It's amazing now

Just watch the Angry Joe review of the game and you'll know everything they promised that wasn't there at the end.

Why I stopped playing:

1. After getting to my second solar system, planets started looking the same. All the creatures that were in buildings were always in the same building in the same place saying and doing the same things. It became repetitive after several hours

2. Flying felt like absolute shit. The devs said that different class ships will fly and feel different, and be funcitonally different (so a more scientific race will be better geared towards science, or fighting better at fighting, etc)

3. There were no giant space battles that was shown in actual gameplay.

4. Creatures look autistic as fuck. The worlds they actually demo clearly weren't randomly generated.

5. They billed getting to the center as some amazing fucking experience with a big secret. Yet, all it does is pull back and you have to do the same shit again.

There are plenty more objections, but those are the main ones.

I love the style too but I won't even consider it until they make functional coop.

It just scared alot of people by exciting them with it's good charms and then promising and misleading people into thinking they could deliver.

It was a 60 dollar 'Triple A' title that really was more like an early access indie title somewhere in beta. They made it seem like there was a big huge universe you could explore with your friends and the only thing they did to Deny it was "Oh, yeah uh... Universe is so big you'll probably never run into anyone"

I love the style and the whole premise just seems exciting. It was delivering what star citizen promises but now and people were excited. And it did things elite dangerous wasn't willing to do.

It showed a lot of promise and still does. It's just no game will ever succeed if it has that historically bad of a start.

You don't make a sandbox game in this day and age and not have multiplayer. It's like the paint-chip kid playing in the sandbox while everyone else is playing football.