What is the greatest scene in the LOTR movies?

Extended editions count of course.

Is it this one?

youtube.com/watch?v=YH4Xr6GIp4U

Fuck i love this scene so much and going into the theater completely oblivious to Lord of the Rings i think made me appreciate it more because i had no idea what the big danger could be.

>That fucking theme
>That voice booming in the theater sound system
>That literal vidya boss intro

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fWfPgy-yrPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=AsAPlJoREds
youtube.com/watch?v=TQq4LjSF2rc
youtube.com/watch?v=KaqC5FnvAEc
youtube.com/watch?v=Plf0PrKCDl8
youtube.com/watch?v=ArQe1jBTAEg
youtube.com/watch?v=vOulsEGvSCo
youtube.com/watch?v=0gVBVdgs3Sw
youtube.com/watch?v=w1hSVvN9Eto
youtube.com/watch?v=X8pWjiFxXkg
youtube.com/watch?v=wxN2Mewamj0
youtube.com/watch?v=q1uhAz9_v9A#t=1.850208
youtu.be/wSgeEH-Zwbk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=To_RJ_mPNqM
youtube.com/watch?v=6ltiVOUmo9o
youtube.com/watch?v=rCY_Hjv7vKc
youtube.com/watch?v=6GA5AtPl5EY
youtube.com/watch?v=i6LGJ7evrAg
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6XicBBN1l4
youtube.com/watch?v=Owq_aBJ9G6Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well, i guess I'll just go fuck myself then

beside the standard
> le Rohirrim attack is breaking a siege
and >man of the west
I would suggest the prequel to the Helms Klamm battle. I really like how they show this deep hopelessness , how fucked the people of Rohan are, but Aragorn still stands his ground and wants help them.
Beside it was not in the books, I think the helping elfs are quiet cool, because they finally give backa bit of hope to this whole fucked up situation.

Prancing Pony scene... that whole arch is amazing IMO.

Balrog scenes are the best scenes in the trilogy

youtube.com/watch?v=fWfPgy-yrPQ

Seriously though, i have to watch this trilogy again in the big screen before i die. Im tired of seeing it on my laptop screen with shitty headphone sounds. I want the full power of a cinema sound system to remember what I experienced back in the days. It must be orgasmic

Up to what point? Do you count the Nazgul attack as well?

That sequence of them entering the inn through the mist with their hand reaching ahead and the swords pointing forward while their theme swells up is fucking amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=AsAPlJoREds

Yes the foreshadowing paid off and then some

>tfw DO DOOT DO DOOOOOOOOOO...

youtube.com/watch?v=TQq4LjSF2rc

I just like everything leading up to Frodo's departure to be h the shire is comfy and I want to live there.

When Gandalf wheels up on his old cart and starts talking with Frodo I still get the warm fuzzies.

Fellowship is the comfiest kino

gandalf curing theoden

literally the first 30 minutes of fellowship, before they head off to bree

youtube.com/watch?v=KaqC5FnvAEc
This is the best scene.

I always loved this scene. I know they changed some things from the books at the river, but the chase is one of the most exhilarating parts of the entire series.

youtube.com/watch?v=Plf0PrKCDl8

That soft music with those beautiful vocals when Frodo first sees Arwen always send chills up my spine

If you're gonna post memes at least post a good one

youtube.com/watch?v=ArQe1jBTAEg

I love all the lyrical music in the movies. It really just chimed with how I always thought it would be like as a child.

Be fair, I've also always enjoyed Enya.
So I suppose thats also why.

>you bow to no one

Fellowship is a rollercoaster, Cate Blanchett's intro narration is my favorite part. I love the whole movie but The Shire is too comfy always want to sleep during it and meeting Strider and the Nazghul always wake me up then Rivendell happens want to sleep again, Moria and Boromir's last stand always have me involved.

Two Towers is my personal favorite from beginning to end. I need to read the books one day...

>galadriels husband

The fuck does that have to do with it?

Rly makes u thnk

It's this one

youtube.com/watch?v=vOulsEGvSCo
youtube.com/watch?v=0gVBVdgs3Sw
youtube.com/watch?v=w1hSVvN9Eto
youtube.com/watch?v=X8pWjiFxXkg

She's happy I'm happy.

M O M M Y
O
M
M
Y

god that music is exceptional. fuck.

This felt like a scene from a horror movie.
youtube.com/watch?v=wxN2Mewamj0

youtube.com/watch?v=q1uhAz9_v9A#t=1.850208

Everyone loves the initial Rohirrim charge but I always loved the scene where they charged the Oliphaunts. I just love the little feeling of dread they get as soon as they see the Oliphaunts and then Theoden just immediately buckles them up for the charge. The panning shot of the Rohirrim running right into the Oliphaunts was great.

youtu.be/wSgeEH-Zwbk

The whole Amon Hen sequence is underrated imo.

>actually fighting with stunt people
>epic music
>orcs in costume, no fighting cgi orcs
>film in an actual forest, no green screen background
>based boromir redeemed after he tried to take the ring
>breaking of the fellowship and the end makes you want to watch more

>Who are you?
>SHOW YOURSELF!
>.....
>It can not be...

I already read the books and knew gandalf came back, but it was still feely.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=To_RJ_mPNqM

I never understood why this scene didn't make it into the theatrical version it's one of my favorite scenes in the movie.

I just love any scene with the orcs.

Especially the one with them chopping down trees, making armor, and growing more orcs.

They're just so productive its satisfying.

When frodo tries to give the witch king the ring in two towers

>I think I'm quite ready for another adventure!

>RIDE
>RIDE NOW
>RIDE
>RIDE FOR RUIN
>AND THE WORLD'S ENDIIIIING

>DEEAAAAAATH

Cried for the first 30 times i watched it.

>That fucking shot of Saruman singing
I get teary eyed every time. It's a small window into the actual power the 'wizards' have

>So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.

Where is the horse and the rider?

Fellowship = Kino
Twin Towers = Cinema
Return = flick

Defense of Helms Deep had 10000x more depth emotion that MinisTirith

> horse men are here le epic reddite speech
> ghost army are here wooooo

#yawn

King Théoden's speech is a pretty dank moment

All female remake when?

>tfw "I am no woman"

I cry errytime.

The breaking of the fellowship is the most GOAT sequence of the trilogy

>best theme
>best sam moments
>gandalf flashback wise as fuck
>not abandoning merry and pippen to torture and torment

>Epic reddit speech
>written before the internet

I bet this guy is a lesser son of greater sires

God willing, never.

The entire ending of Fellowship.

OP, the entire Fellowship film is fucking gorgeously shot. It's probably the most cohesive of all three films tbqh famalamadingdong

Where is the horn that was blowing?

I was fucking blown away by this in the theater. So brutal.

I don't know if it's my favorite, but I think the Council of Elrond is underrated when it comes to the non-action scenes. Different kind of sequence than you see in the rest of the movies, don't think they could have done it better.

That shot where he's crawling into the cave and sat with his eyes closed holding the ring was a spooky moment

the most painful part of the whole series. "I would have followed you, my brother... My captain... My king."

Mah nigga

"for Frodo"

Ride out with me... Ride out and meet them

Kino

Essentially every scene with Theoden, in particular though his conversation with Gandalf following Theodred's funeral.

That scene where Denethor is eating like a pig. What is wrong with him? No manners!

kino coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=6ltiVOUmo9o

how did he do it?

how did he make the comfiest film of all time?

By loving the source material, putting talented people in charge of his vision and making what is essentially the biggest blockbuster indie film of all time?

How did he fuck it up so badly for the Hobbit movies?

Gives me the shiverstumps every time

>fat peter will never make the hobbit films

My favorite scene in all of cinema.

youtube.com/watch?v=rCY_Hjv7vKc
youtube.com/watch?v=6GA5AtPl5EY

Studio meddling and burn out on his part. He didn't want to do the Hobbit originally and I'm guessing didn't make the call to stretch it out into 3 movies.

He actually DID make that call.

It wasn't his project.

And yet they still turned out leagues better than most if not all high fantasy movies made in the last 10-20 years, LotR excluded, of course.

THIS

people need to at least acknowledge how shitty they could have been.

These films are truly the greatest example of the importance of good editing. Editing could have fucking destroyed this.

Boromir was the best character of the damn Fellowship. A misunderstood and desperate war hero with all of the stress and burden put on him by his people to save them.

The fucking feels man...the feels. All he wanted was for his country to be safe... The only person to actually sacrifice literally everything to do what he felt was right.

>mfw The Appendices are better than the films

All it was, was a bunch of people walking, three movies of people walking to a fucking volcano.

>Helms Klamm battle
What the hell is that?

GOAT soundtrack piece

I don't get the 'it's just walking' thing at all. Like obviously it's a meme but I don't get how it's even become a thing. The films are literally all battles and shit.

how does this movie LOOK so good? it came out in 2001 for fuck's sake.

>filmed on real locations, with detailed sets and painstakingly made miniatures

Nobody wants to put this sort of effort into some types of movies anymore.

>how does this movie LOOK so good?

Beause it's actual actors actually on location or set, only using CGI when necessary and advancing the industry when doing so.

Eh, I don't buy it. Pretty much had to act like it was a great idea just because he was the director, and to go from not wanting to do it to saying they need to stretch it out to 3 movies is a bit of a jump. I guess I didn't read any interview stuff around the time of production very extensively though.

Everyone was phoning it in on the Hobbit. You could tell they made a bit of an effort on the first one - Shore actually trying to craft a score around a theme like in LOTR instead of shoehorning in shit he's already done - but after that the studio's fuckery just got to them I think.

I remember quite liking the first one while thinking some bits like Goblin town were really shit, I thought the second one was unforgivably awful and I haven't seen the last one beyond clips on here.

I love this scene, gives me a feeling that just wells up in my chest every time

most underrated scene right here

youtube.com/watch?v=i6LGJ7evrAg

I want to jerk it to male Galadriel so hopefully soon.

My autistic self is unable to watch that scene without noting that there's no way anybody lived that high on some of those mountains

I think Tolkien threads on Sup Forums are my favorite on this entire website. It's just a comfy place, people talking about something that you can tell they are genuinely passionate about, as opposed to the never ending BLACKED, Kino/flick, Capeshit and shit flinging. There's always the occasional "Ha this movie was shit for plebs" types, but they're easily ignored. It's just nice, which is something that can rarely be said about anything else here.

Really just a moment for me, but when Gandalf and Eomer come to save the day at Helms Deep.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6XicBBN1l4

>That crescendo at 4:13
Gets me chocked up every time. It's really a toss up between this and when Faramir and his men charge Osgiliath while Pippin sings.

THIS x1000 muh nigga

>pictured: comfy

>only like 10 guys and no elves left alive
>they brought their horses into the last redoubt
>all those Uruks still in the fortress they just ride past now about to go and rape all the aryan Rohan qts

Clerks 3 is about to come out, I'd love to see it flipped where

>Clerks is litterally a trilogy of people talking, YOU WANNA SEE THE FIRST MOVIE

and so on

he turned down the project himself because he realised it would be different than lotr and not suited for him, but then the studio lost the guillimontero whatshisname and brought him on the project with hardly any prep time, and he didn't have nearly the creative control or time that he had with lotr.
the hobbit being what it is wasnt his fault, he knew all along that it would be subpar but still did it because no one else would

Sopranos threads always comfy, I wish capeshit stayed on Sup Forums.

I really like Desolation of Smaug it's my favorite of the Hobbits but Battle is definitely some of the worst cg and I liked the movie.

Practical and a perfect balance of cg are what made the trilogy great. Overboard cg is fine for movies like 300 and Rise of an Empire blew me the fuck away.

Has to be gray havens:
>into the west theme
>frodo telling the hobbits hes leaving
>tfw theyve been on an epic journey but on the shores of the sea comes the end of their fellowship
>old raisin bilbo ready for another adventure
>some of the most beautiful ME artwork put on film
>the sun setting
>the power of the rings is ended
>some of the most powerful beings left in middle earth leaving forever together
>the sudden sadness following the great happiness of their return to the shire and the wedding
>Cirden the shipwright chilling in the back
I could go on. The only scene in a movie thats ever made me cry. And i really do cry everytime.

Watching aun right now since i felt like a comfy ME night and dont wanna risk overwatching lotr. Its pretty good, but nothing in the trilogy come close to these kinds of scenes. Hobbiton js comfy af tho and rivendell scenes are beautiful.

Reading the trivia page for these movies is fucking insane.
>When Christopher Lee and J.R.R. Tolkien were in correspondence, Tolkien gave Lee his blessing to play Gandalf if there ever was a film version of Lord of the Rings. Years later, Lee campaigned for the part of Gandalf in this production, but was offered the part of Saruman instead. Lee, who wanted to participate in the project any way he could, accepted the role of Saruman. Personally, he felt McKellen was a better choice as Gandalf instead of himself.
Christopher Lee was just the coolest goddamn dude.

Any scene that involves orcs. They are probably the best made bad guys in the history of movies.

He was and supposedly he even payed/was blackmailed by the studio for the crews salary in Dracula movies or some shit because they would say people would starve or wouldn't have jobs if he didn't do those movies.

I can't believe Connery skipped Gandalf for League and hasn't been in anything since worthwhile.

youtube.com/watch?v=Owq_aBJ9G6Q

>dat ray of white shining light
>dat pan to minas tirith

fucking GOAT

hell, even the orcposting days were comfy, and unlike other shit it died down once it got old