It belongs in a museum. This is wrong

It belongs in a museum. This is wrong. time.com/4900779/durham-north-carolina-confederate-statue-pulled-down-protesters/
Maybe not as wrong as it being up and state sponsored on public land, but wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

dw.com/en/the-house-of-disgraced-statues/a-18572557
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck off Sup Forums

Civil disobedience is a powerful political tool.

If it belongs in a museum, then it should have been in one. The people who failed to act are partly responsible for the result.

Pretty sure Sup Forums doesn't think that they should be removed and put in museums.

So I suppose that lynching people who commit crimes when the state fails to act is also ok. After all it's just "civil disobedience". Or blowing places up,for that matter. Let's go all weathermen in them...

You're no better than the fascist

Assault is not civil disobedience. Vigilante justice is not civil disobedience. Mass destruction is not civil disobedience.

Please, explain to me how the destruction of this racist monument hurt people.

It hurts our ability to teach the past. Thus condemning us to repeat our mistakes. It belongs in a museum where it can be given context and protected from the elements. That's why we have them.

These people are no better than ISIS when they go around trying to erase history

Umm that's hyperbole.

fucking hell
they didn't just take it down
they fucking destroyed it
fucking Nazis gotta destroy art and burn books bc it doesn't fit their narrative

Uh huh... I learned about racists in History class. Seeing a statue of a racist isn't gonna teach me anything.

As I said earlier. The folks who didn't put it in a museum are partly to blame for it's destruction.

I learned about the holocaust in school. That doesn't mean it's time to dismantle the holocaust museum.

Commies, not nazis. As a liberal I'm appalled. That's not how we do things here.

Agreed, no reason to tear down a museum.

But, no reason to have Actual Nazi war memorials in public places.

I don't remember the Communist Party burning books and tearing down statues when they took power

It was a Confederate memorial. So it was a dead Democrat actually.

kek

confederate ideology must be erased from existence.

by 2050 will be nothing but a memory, a nightmare that US once had.

Liberalism for 1000 years!

Fuck nazis! Fuck KKK! Fuck White supremacy!
Fuck them in the ass till they bleed. Most of them are white beta faggots already.

Yes, the previous post was regarding the Holocaust, so I mentioned Nazis.

The losers in a war over whether it's ok to own people don't get statues commemorating their existence.

Then you didn't study Chinese history. You idiot. Also Russian but more so Chinese. Yes, they burned books.

>if your gf was so hot, you should have done a better job protecting her. it's your fault she was raped.

>not as wrong as it being up and state sponsored on public land

does an accurate account of people who lived in that area bother you?

grow some balls homo

And they will replace it not with liberalism but a other failed homicdal ideology

U mad white bois?

More like if you're boyfriend raped someone, got a statue for losing the trial and a hundred years later someone tore it down for political reasons.

History should be preserved. Whether it's good or bad or ugly, we shouldn't destroy our history.

I'm only half "white" and I'm mad that it didn't go directly into a museum of disgraced artifacts. Unlike Germany we had a chance to do this right. To use them as a tool to teach future Americans our colorful and mournful history. Now all they will have to study are pictures and tweets about them. Anything that trump tweets actually gets preserved.

I agree. All these racist memorials need to get taken down right away and put into racist museums so people can learn about racism and how people used to think it was cool to own other people, and how they fought and died for their right to own other people and how they lost that war, and how its not ok to own other people anymore because of it.

Your future.

But it's not too late. dw.com/en/the-house-of-disgraced-statues/a-18572557 They dug up the ones from nazi Germany. They're all broken but that's alright.

Beats whatever method your mom attempted. I'm guessing heavy metals alcohol and meth.

You know you're fucked up when you destroy history

Better start reading.

He can't. They censored his internet and burned all the books

This is no different than what ISIS was doing a year ago when they where destroying pieces in museums to erase the history of their enemies.

so do you!

Just because the status is destroyed, doesn't mean that history is.
There is still a record of the war that was fought, and lost. There is still a record of the statue that was erected and there is now a record of the statue that was torn down.

Actually it's more like what Germany did, after the war.

Working there?

It was from 1924. Fucking. 1924. Piece of shit hippies, and nobody stopped them?

know nothing about this man or what life was like. Assumes it is all about racism. Judgement hypocrisy.

lurk moar. know your references user.

that thing..
on the left..
its making me..
kek

Doesn't ISIS do this?
>Go to historic site
>destroy anything that doesn't agree with your ideology
>It was a good day
Great job for domestic terrorists.

That statue just got lynched. It is the south all over again but this time against whites.

Yeah this was pretty bad. They had some moral high ground and then lost it immediately with this stunt. As a left leaning centrist I fucking hate antifa. They have no idea how much damage they're doing to left wing ideology.

There shouldn't be a record of them tearing anything down in the first place because it wasn't right for people to march onto a government building to tear down a historical piece.

non user the poster says "kKk"

Only paper. The physical statue has more presence. It makes it feel more real. That's why we have museums. It's not just for pretty art. It's for ugly history. Have you been to the MET? I was just there. The reconstituted temple is entirely made up of statues and other artifacts that were ordered to be destroyed and buried by a pharaoh when he took over. It's not too late.

ironocallly, the more libfags try to erase history, the less foundation they have for any protest. Eventually, some newfag is gonna ask what the fuck they are on about because there is no record of anything bad ever happening anywhere.

This thinly veiled concern trolling is pretty tired.

this

whites need to start their own civil rights movement, shit is getting out of control

Mm

Ask yourself this: Are there any Nazi Memorials in public places in Germany?

And now theres a record of some fucking hippies getting mad about something that was put up almost a century ago not understanding it's importance, yeah theres a record of that. A criminal record actually because that was unlawful.

SIX GORILLION

Nazi memorials, no but there are memorials for fallen German soldiers in Germany

People need to.understand the difference between symbols of ancestry and history, and symbols of hate.

I don't know a single person who.would call general lee a preacher of hate, just a general on the wrong side.

It's not even close to butler,

Next we will. BE removing Nixon for bigotry, Andrew Jackson, we might as well remove Ben from the 100.

This is history.

It's destruction of property, if you at all try and argue how this is okay I'm coming to your house and breaking all your shit.

Im not siding with libtards here or anything but give me a fucking break. Maybe the number was exaggerated but you're not implying the holocaust was a lie with this blatantly fake bullshit are you?

Oh really. Tough guy behind his keyboard.

If you or any of the alt-right marchers actually knew anything about Robert E. Lee you'd know he'd never want a statue of himself to exist, especially one commemorating the Civil War.

That sounds fun. Should I buy you a bus ticket?

No better than ISIS.

>Maybe the number was exaggerated
getting warmer, shekelburg

And there is still an unknown soldier memorial in the south. That's fine. You don't see ones for Nazi generals. So why should we put one up for "the lost cause" and include the generals? It's not about lost lives, it's about a cause. The cause of secession in order to preserve social order. In that social order blacks we're not citizens.

It is pretty laughable that the alt-right have resorted to basically the exact same tactics as SJWs use to push their agenda.

What's wrong with people. Fucking savages. Historical statues aren't a political issue. They are monuments to the people of the era in which they were built. They are art. Just because you don't like it or what you think it stands for doesn't give you a right to destroy it.

I mean fuck the alt right but art is to be cherished, regardless of what kind of art it might be.

Don't whitewash it.
The Civil War was a war over the idea that owning other people was ok.

Please... please tell me the very people butthurt about neo nazi's holding a rally, are they themselves holding communist flags.... particularly one flag which saw more people murdered than the holocaust.

why not just preserve hitler statues too?

Before the liberals find a reason to deface, destroy or degrade this one, I thought some of you might like to see it one more time...

Exactly this.

You destroy history because you don't like it. Then later on when people grow up and are interested, it's fucking GONE.

Seattle saved a statue of Lenin from destruction during the collapse of the soviet union

He is talking about the water buffalo looking thing holding the sign.

I said it belongs in a museum. You're accusing me of being alt right? Want to know how far off you are? My Rabbi is a gay Latino immigrant. No joke. Google Beth Torah Kansas City.

This isn't destruction of history. This is destruction of racist symbolism.

He's entirely correct, though.

These statues were largely built well after the historic times; they don't have great artistic value either. They are shitty statues often built as snowflake-y responses to advancements in civil rights.

Government rules you can't fuck black people over as much? BUILD A STATUTE!

No. He isn't. He doesn't actually believe what he's saying. It is just a thinly veiled excuse for racist symbolism to remain in the public eye.

I'm not. I'm saying that the argument presented was one of preserving the cause of the South. Which included slavery and keeping blacks down in general. That's why they formed the klan.

I wish my fishing baits where this good. W2c?)

Before the liberals (or Sting more likely) find a reason to deface, destroy or degrade this one, I thought some of you might like to see it one more time...

This is accurate.

Most of these Civil War monuments were erected by butthurt white men who didn't want black people voting in their schools. It was meant to symbolize who was in charge, not to remember a lost war.

>It belongs in a museum. This is wrong.
Maybe not as wrong as it being up and state sponsored on public land, but wrong.
>This is wrong. Maybe not as wrong as it being up and state sponsored on public land, but wrong.

Don't worry OP. This is a good thing. You see, they destroy all the confederate monuments, then at some point we can destroy the books and absolve the white race of white guilt they had that lead to it's removal in the first place.

History is cyclical, these libtards are just spinning their little cog in the machine.

imagine being so much of a beta faggot in real life you were duped by white supremacists just because they told you 'but at least you're better than them' lol

Is that why we still have Nazis walking around? Because we were able to learn from the past?

Is the statue they tore down even of a confederate general? all reports I see are that it's a statue depicting a confederate soldier dedicated to all the confederate soldiers who gave their lives.

so isn't the act of tearing the statue down akin to tearing down the unknown soldier monument if it isn't a statue of a general?

Holy shit that was a jump in logic if I'd ever seen one.
Did you graduate college with that understanding of rhetoric? Maybe in America.

You know nothing of the south do ya? A true southerner hates niggers. Not black folk. Learn the difference.

I do too. Also I'm not racist. I think they belong in a museum of disgraced artifacts. Like a Holocaust museum, but specifically about what happened after slavery. When they put these statues up, why they did it and who defended it. We need to preserve our history so we don't repeat our mistakes. Trump keeps comparing himself to Andrew Jackson. I wish others knew how right he is and why that's fucking terrifying

Before the liberals find a reason to deface, destroy or degrade this one, I thought some of you might like to see it one more time

>It hurts our ability to teach the past.
Please explain how removing a statue prevents people from learning about the past. I don't think you understand what 'recorded human history' really entails.

In my apparently idiotic opinion, they probably should have. I make one exception, and that's if a monument was made for the vanity of one singular person and for no other reason. And even then I still think they should be preserved, just remove them from the public eye.

It's destruction of history. You say racist. Someone else says it's a monument to the people who died in the nation's bloodiest conflict. Who cares what they died for, it's their monument, it was for them, not for you.

Shit atheists have to drive by church signs every day and I'm sure they are annoyed, why don't they just tear them down? Probably because it doesn't fucking belong to them.

>my dads trophie

Imagine being the guy who made your post.

well then there shouldn't be a record of any slavery in the first place because it wasn't right for people to own slaves

right?

The plaque on the statue was literally "The Confederate States of America"