Tfw I play movies in the background to mask the deafening silence that is my lonely life

>tfw I play movies in the background to mask the deafening silence that is my lonely life

>tfw when I play podcasts in the background and actually feel socially satisfied

Same here bro. I listen to Ricky Gervais' XFM shows and podcasts over and over. What podcasts do you listen to?

Just play video games you degenerates

Ever heard of WoW?

I play with myself.

I play movies in background because I can still work with it on. I can't work and play a game at the same time.

Also, what are you, 12?

I haven't been able to play video games since I was a teenager. Just don't like them anymore.

I listen to Joe Rogan (I know). Stefan Molyneux, Improve for Humans (Matt Besser is comfy), and Comedy Bang Bang.

I'll have to give Ricky's podcast a go.

I fire up a playlist with over 8500 songs I like. It's pretty goddamn comfy.

Or listen to some Alan Watts or Terence McKenna talks

I used to listen to Rogan's for a while but I fell off after a while. I haven't listened to podcasts in a couple months. Maybe I'll pick them back up. Sometimes I just don't feel like listening to music. Real conversation just feels better.

You do realize there's a thing called music?

gotten too far deep into this.

playing them at 2.0 speed to keep up with all of the ones i'm subscribed to.

I've heard of people doing that. does it ever get annoying?

i have yet to find one where it's too fast at this speed, except for last podcast on the left, sometimes.

you gotta ease yourself into it, start at 1.3 and go slowly faster. then when you listen to normal speeds, you'll think they are going way too slow.

do you change the pitch also?

Sounds interesting

will try

Same.
How do you feel socially satisfied from that? I play them (and movies) 24/7 and nothing.

For sure. I use to bring a laptop to coffee shops to work; I enjoyed the idle chatter in the background. Now that I work from home podcasts fill the gap (saves money, too).

using antennapod, used pocketcasts before, so only ever saw a speed setting.

good luck user, would try to dissuade you but it is such a timesaver

they are a chore
but so is life

i hate podcasts because people take so long to say anything... so speeding them up is great

but i prefer audiobooks

>tfw I disrupt communications in the background so that it could only mean one thing.

this m8

Nowadays, I cant find the motivation to sit down and watch an entire movie - they're all just spewing out the same bullshit message and recycled unoriginal crap. Last recently-made film I saw from beginning to end was mad max.

>invasion can only mean one thing
>only a Sith deals in absolutes

Holy shit.