First off I'd like to thank God

>First off I'd like to thank God.

Why are all the best athletes very religious?

Uhmm first of all its like i said before..comes with the territory you know ive got a great team working with me

I take my hat off to him, he's a helluva fighter. Young hungry lion, he'll be a champ one day.

Because only god can give them the skill to surpass everyone else, duh

Hermes?

Believing in a god or some sort of higher power doesn't mean you're very religious. That doesn't mean they worship or practice religion a lot, it just means they are grateful in their most successful moments.

>doesn't mean you're very religious

Yes it does. Otherwise you'd realize you got there by your own hard work, not a magical skydaddy reaching down to smite your opponent.

Is this why the neverlands have 0 (zero) world cups

Their devotion to God helps them stay focused on their sport.

And this is why atheists are looked at as edgy faglords. Just thanking God after success doesn't make you as religious as the person that goes to worship twice a week and prays every night. It's like you turned off all understanding of theology after you decided you didn't need a diety

This is a good explanation.

But Mayweather literally believes he's been personally blessed by God to be a good boxer.

because poor people typically go into sports because that's the only thing they can do in life aside from Blue collar hell jobs and the poor are also typically uneducated idiots who believe in god.

If you believe in god, especially through an organised religion you are essentially a moron. Alot of high level sport people believe in god due to their own sense of self importance, they feel connected to something higher and even chosen or special. They are wealthy and live in a bubble, alot dont realise they simply have ability or have worked in a field that gives fame and success. Yes theyvhave worked hard and trained for years but so has the doctor who operates on you. Sports people with inflated egos feel almost godlike and reflect this by thanking god for being chosen

Some sports can be dangerous so I think most of them are praying for protection.

HUNGRY

christfags are narcissists

Hard work isn't enough and the best athletes know that. You have to be bless genetically and most have a huge support system from their family, to training staff, to teammates. Without all that, the hard work is wasted.

Wealthy people tend to be just as religious as poor people.

Aaron rodgers hasn't spoke to his family in years.

Lmao

Agree

Because god is literally the only thing that they can go to when things are out of their control

>pray to god every night to become a rich millionaire pro athlete
>become rich millionaire pro athlete

I mean I'm not religious at all, but if my life was pretty much perfect I would start believing crazy shit too since it's more easy to believe god is doing it than that you lucked into the 1 in a million chance of being successful in life.

my life is shit so I don't have to believe in god, but if everything worked out well for me it would be foolish not to believe

Your ancestors angered the Gods.

You probably deserve it.

>Self admittedly have nothing
>If I had everything I would believe in God

No wonder you think dedication is "1 in a million luck" with that retard attitude. You know what Pascal's Wager is right?

Are there any atheist boxers or MMA fighters?

If there are, expect them to be closet ones, an atheist fighter would be considered a bad example, regardless of their personal conduct and that fighters aren't supposed to be role models in the first place

>First off I'd like to thank Satan for keeping up his end of the bargain. And I'd like to take off my hat to my opponent, easiest fight I ever had. It was almost a night off. And to my wife and baby girl at home, I want divorce and I'm leaving y'all.

USA and poor places are religious. Boxers are generally from poor upbringings in these regions and reflect that. I would bet there are some boxers from northern Europe who are not religious. Maybe someone like Mikkel Kessler

The OP was referring to good athletes.

does anybody find atheists as annoying and stupid as super religious people. the honestly think they are better than everyone else baka. i hope they get bit by a black widow

No. Everyone hates athiests.

to put all christfags in their pocket

because they're retarded

in no universe is this true. scores of statistics point to the otherwise. there's a reason Japan and northern Europe are godless heathens while most of Latin America and Africa is shockingly religious.

>belittling people for thanking an invisible source of inspiration
where has not thanking god gotten you in life?

Over 77% of Europeans claim to be religious. That's still a pretty big majority.

>talk insane amounts of shit to opponent
>destroy him in the fight
>speech time
>he is the best in the world! mad respect to him!
>weeks later
>talks massive shit again about him again
>mfw