ITT: Your hometown and the movie it's most famous for

ITT: Your hometown and the movie it's most famous for.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2NhF6zphSx8
imdb.com/title/tt5462326/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This city's not really famous for movies being made or set here, but there is some film history here regardless. It's where the Warner brothers first got started in the entertainment industry before the Edison studio's high fees for distributors effectively forced them to pack up and leave for LA.

Vertigo. Fun fact about Vertigo, whenever they describe a location in the film and then go there, example being the hotel at Eddy and Gough, they actually filmed the sequence at the real intersection. As far as I know it's the only movie that is geographically accurate in this manner.

Can't think of any

Several famous movies were filmed in Dallas but none are really set there. One thing I remember is that they filmed scenes of Robocop in the building where my mom worked

Why was Return of the Living Dead set in Louisville, anyway? Was it because John Carpenter is from Kentucky and him and Dan O'Bannon were BFFs? It just seems like such an odd choice.

youtu.be/2NhF6zphSx8

I think Top Gun was set in San Diego

Cocoon

Mystic CT reporting in.
The pizza place is still there.
Also, I think they filmed parts of Amistad here as well.

holy shit I haven't heard this one before actually, I always hear about this one because I actually live in the Seffner area so this is the closest "popular" movie

most of MNight shadydongs garbage.

This takes place in the Houston-Pasadena area

Yoooooooooooooooo

Actually did some maintenance in the beer can building today, parts of Punisher were filmed there

by "this one" I mean Punisher

Orlando and pic related

The one you posted might be the closest, I live in Lexington.
I think a few episodes of Justified might take place in Lexington, or at least in part, but I can't think of any movies.

no movies of note are set there. Nor was she even born there. But Winona Ryder is nevertheless named after the town.

I live in Michael Bay's litterbox, aka Detroit.
dumb asshole decided to cut off access to the Fisher building for a week for his shitty movies so my sister couldnt get to work. aint that fuckin' great?

never seen so many fellow Floridians on Sup Forums

Never say die!!!

>Burnley, UK
Basically that one "...but Burnley can fuck off" scene in The Inbetweeners is all that I can recall.

There are NO movies set in Lexington? How is that possible?

The house from Topgun is in Oceanside, it's a "landmark" but is really just some fenced off house sitting in the middle of a parking lot at the beach.

I live 20 minutes away from the Prison where they shot Shawshank Redemption. They do halloween walks every year. The place is creepy as hell.

I also live 20 minutes from there. Weird.

Nice, around Mansfield often?

Silver linings playbook. The scenes where he's jogging in the trash bag and the Halloween shots were filmed near my street. Saw Robert de Niro at a wawa

Pic related and Interview with the Vampire are best New Orleans films.

mother fucking lost boys

just saw Eric Andre at First Ave earlier tonight

Set there, but only a couple establishing shots were filmed in the city.
I think Sharknado 2 was filmed here, but I don't like to count Made For TV garbage.

Used to go a lot when I was younger, now just a few times a year.

Anybody got anything for Atlanta? All I remember is that In The Heat of the Night (TV series) and The Intern were shot primarily here.

>Pic related and Interview with the Vampire are best New Orleans films.
Was in New Orleans earlier this year. My wife is such an Anne Rice fan that she started sobbing outside of the apartment of some of the characters. I've never seen her have such an emotional reaction to something so mundane. The books had such an impact on her in her youth that it was like a religious experience.

Nic Cage is filming a movie here kek

imdb.com/title/tt5462326/