Well, my dog ate my 8 year olds hamster while I was at work...

Well, my dog ate my 8 year olds hamster while I was at work. She's asleep and I'm not sure how to approach the situation. Would it be a bad idea to tell her that the dog ate it? My wife thinks it's too harsh of a reality but I think he needs to understand the facts of the food chain early. Thoughts? Pic related (my guilty ass pet eating dog and the poor deceased rodent in question)

Make your child eat the rodent. It's the only way.

I thought about skinning it and saving the pelt. But my little girl would be scarred.

Don't do it in front of your kid then. Space program that shit. Tell your kid it's going to visit aliens

I would just put it back in the cage and explain in the morning that it was sick and died. She would shift blame to the dog (Only doing what nature intended) and that's no good IMO.

You can do what most parents do and say it escaped and ran away, or you could just tell him. IDK how your son acts but make sure he doesn't hurt the doggo in a fit of rage either.

Dude, feed your dog

she'll hate and resent the dog for it.
wait till she's older to learn the harsher lessons on life.

she'll find out eventually anyways, no need to ruin what little innocence and happiness she has when the world will do it for you soon enough anyway

Tell her that life is meaningless and that the strong consume the weak.

We all learnt that lesson, and ended up on Sup Forums.
Start early with her, so she can save herself.

No. Your child needs to learn that hamsters are faggot pets whilst dogs are god tier.

TTYL,
Final Boss

Don't show the corpse. Just that the hamster died

my sides

Dogs plenty fed and over weight. She duck hunts with me and retrieves well. She's only done what she's been taught to do.

Tell her it went to visit relatives and replace it when she is not looking.

do this OP

The fuck is wrong with you?

Clearly she should eat the dog, not the hamster.

Why the fuck did you even wastell the money for a hamster if you wouldn't keester it, cum now this is Sup Forums

This. Yeah your dog is a stupid mutt, but she will hate him if you tell het the truth. Just replace it with a new one that looks the same

Or just tell her it had a heart attack

Yeah a slimy... Slobbery... Heart attack.

Looks like a dachshund? or a dachshund mix? either way, watch out with the weight thing. Weenies are the biggest fucking food sluts of any dog I've dealt with, and being overweight exacerbates their predisposition for spinal issues.

Hamster "escaped"

Kill your daughter

Tell your kid the hamster was sick, a few years later say loldoggoateit.
When my first puppy passed away from sickness my dad legit woke me up and said, "user your puppy *fart noise with his mouth*" and went back to his room. I still remember it all vividly, choose your words carefully. That first time death experience with no proper explanation had me fuckeddd. I was 5.

Escaped or my daughter left the cage open. Not sure. Both?
She's a mix. American Eskimo and Dachshund. Not as long as a Weiner. But still only a year old.

Just shoot the dog and tell her they had a battle to the death

your dads a fucking asshole, user

/thread

If you haven't, it's about time to explain death and dying. I would wait and tell her that the hamster escaped and say it's probably having the time of it's hamster life outside. But her another. Look on craigslist. People give them away for free all the time.

Drive a little, bury it, and say he escaped.

this is the only way forward

This one is easy.
Just tell the kid some nigger broke in and raped the hamster to death before the dog chased off the nigger.

Hamster's in one piece. How did the dog 'eat' it exactly?

Also, if you trained it to hunt small things like ducks, you shouldn't be surprised if she extends that a little bit to include hamsters. Small terriers are ratting dogs, you should've been more careful.

That all said, spare her the misery of knowing and blaming something. Life'll clue her into its misery eventually without any additional help. There are also better ways to teach her about the food chain.

/thread

>Thoughts?

Well, at least your carpet looks like it is regularly vacuumed, unlike most carpets that we see posted here which are a fucking disgrace,

BS. Hamsters don't grow that old. 3 yrs max.

Wire some red LED's into it;s skull and say it has become a zombie mouse.

Fill it with bugs and stiff so it looks like it's moving a little.

Looking back its funny af at times.
The only real asshole part was when I had to bury him on my own. Dad grew up in a third world country where dogs weren't treated as companions. He wanted to just put the body in a garbage bag and get collected.

Well I guess I should say "chewed" she's trained not to destroy anything killed. Not surprised in the slightest really. I had a feeling this would happen the moment my wife bought the damn thing. And I warned her to keep the cage shut or this could happen. So needless to say no one is mad at me here.

Your son will understand if he is aware the dog is a hunting dog.

Dont lie to your kid, he'll feel cooler when hes older.
>"no my parents never lied to me! They knew I could handle it"

At least, that's how I felt.
I remember being like, 7 y/o and I asked my mom how a baby grows in a stomach and my mom explained the whole sex process

Felt like a badass in school cuz i knew way before the other kids and answered all their questions in 5th grade sex ed

Make a little noose and hang the hamster.
Tell kid it refused to suck ur dick.
Tell kid to suck ur dick.

>my 8 year olds hamster
>my 8 year old hamster

there is a difference

My kid is 8 you fuckwit.

No, don't tell. Hamster ran away to visit its friends in Panama or something.

Ask yourself how could a 8 yo possibly profit from that knowledge?

Tell her the hamster turned feral during the night and was on the verge of wiping out the whole family, when the doggo senced the imminent danger to the pack, and saved all of your lives by fighting hamster to the death.

Pic related

"ate"
He suffocated the lil guy hahahaha.
I dontk now, just quickly get a new one and hope she doesnt notices?

Hey. Stop being racist.

That's not a dog, that's a cat. Get a real pet you fucking pussy.

This "cat" hunts like a champ. Shits outside. Smart as hell. Ain't no Chihuahua pal.

yeah that wouldnt work. she would either notice a complete difference in the behavior and there's like a 0% chance OP can find a hamster that's identical

My sides

It was like a calico color too. Not going to be able to find one like this quickly.

I laughed. I'm going to Hell.

Fucking goldhamsters all look the same man.
And for the behaviour? just tell her hes growing up and becoming a man.
I dont know, i found my first guinea pig dead when i was 7, i took it out myself, dug his grave and he even got a little stone and cross as markings.
I was a quite grown child early on.

idk what to tell the kid but butcher that hamster, mix it in some hamburger helper and save yourself a couple dollars.

Hang your dog. When your daughter comes in the room light the dog on fire and scream hail satan

I believed your story up until you said you duck hunt with that fucking thing. No way in hell would any self respecting hunter use a duck hunting dog that's roughly the size of an actual duck.

ITT: horrible people

Kek'd

this is the only answer

Don't let your kid get mad at the pup. She was just doing what nature let's them. 10/10 good doggo.

the best thing you can do for your kid is help her understand niggers

>

correct

Don't narc out the dog you bitch. Tell her one of the nigger dogs across the street did it. Kill two birds with one stone. She'll understand the finality of death and know colored folk can't be trusted.

You're welcome.

Buy a new one looking more or less the same.
My cousin thought hamsters lived 9 + years lol.

She's bigger than the picture let's on. And pretty muscular. She retrieves duck rabbit and squirrel. Also have a German Shepherd that comes along but doesn't retrieve for shit. Don't be jelly because you don't know how to train a good dog.

Doesn't even look like doggo even bit the hamster.

Hamsters are kinda escape artists.

Oh trust me. She did. I thought it was pretty funny until my wife came in the room. Dog brought it to me minute I walked in the house. Wife saw it and tears were shed etc.

>German Shepard
>most trainable dog ever
>far larger than a duck
>"fuck it I'll teach the fucking weiner dog for lulz"

Are you actually retarded?

Tell her the hamster had a heart attack, choked, or ran away. Wait to tell her the dog did it when enough time has passed and he's old enough to find it funny. He'll just hate the dog if you tell him right now, and the poor, dumb animal didn't know any better probably.

The Shepherd was a rescue and 10 years old. Too old to teach her shit. But she likes to come along and be outside.

I have the perfect advice, but you need to show us a picture of your other girl first.

Is the hamster's name Michael Scofield?

>Escaped or my daughter left the cage open
Don't blame the daughter. She'll hate herself. If anything say you left the cage open (or maybe the wife if she's okay with it), or even say you opened the cage to feed it, then it bit/scratched you and ran out of the cage, never to be seen again.

Ever vigilant, ever watching

That's called "goldfishing"

Mines the one on the left. Hanging with my mom's pup.

when I was a wee lad our german sheppard broke through the cage and killed my stepsisters rabbit. It happens sometimes, it's just nature. she was maybe 6 or 7 at the time.

Anyway my parents never told her because they figured she'd hate the dog but I'm pretty certain she knows by now, it's been like 12 years.

Eventually she'll probably figure it out on her own anyway and if she does ask specifically if the dog killed it it might be best not to lie, just stress that it's not the dogs fault and that it's just what they do, it's nature, blah blah blah.

Then again she's only 8, I wouldn't worry about her understanding the facts of the food chain, try and keep in mind how she feels.

Nope, Nibblet.

Up
Your
Reading
Comprehension
People
Jesus

Too young for the truth.

Also on a side note weeners are ruthless. Mine would slay gophers all the time. Instincts bruh.

Is the hamster visibly hurt? If not, why don't you just put it back in its cage. Wake her up and "notice" something wrong with it. Explain that animals die and we all have a certain amount of time on this planet. Then wrap it in some cloth, find a nice place in your garden and dig a hole. Ask if she wants to help digging or maybe by holding the animal while you dig. Then let her put it in, say goodbye and fill it back up. You can even ask her to choose a plant and plant it on the spot where you burried the animal. It'll be a good memory and a gentle introduction to death.

Ooo! And you could use her as a fucktoy before her body gets cold.

10/10 good advise

Try to bring it back to life using the body parts of other dead hamsters

Why not? these little hunting dog mutts are resilient, smart and dont take much space.

my dad always had dachshunde to go duck hunting. Cool dog, hyper as balls tho.

good advice/10

why not buy another hamster, then skin the dead one, and tell your kid that like snakes, hamsters can molt?

Just whip it over the fence and play dumb. Say you have no idea what happened

The dog across the street left his house.
Unlocked the doors to OPs house.
Then ate the hamster.
LMAO

Fuck off Tumblr

sounds like what a nigger dog would do.

Just blame it on Obama

well, i think 8 is old enough to understand, what´s going on. It´ll be an pain in the ass, but lying to her won´t be the right impulse i guess.

Cut off it's head and put it in bed next to her

flush the hamster down the toilet, and lie your ass off!!!

are white kids really this sheltered? Your 8 year-old still has no concept of life and death, and food chains?

I don't envy your position, user, but to be quite honest, you shouldn't lie to your child about this.

You need to be honest with her, but you can spare her the gory details.

Let her know that the dog got into the hamster cage. Let her know that the dog's breed - looks like at least part dachshund, with maybe some sort of terrier - was bred expressly for hunting small rodents.

Nature happens, and the dog didn't know any better.

At the same time, make it a teachable moment; explain to your daughter that the dog got into the hamster cage because the hamster cage wasn't in a good spot. That's on whoever placed it (probably you, am I right?) and that if you ever get another hamster, extra care needs to be taken so that the dog doesn't get at it.

She's 8 years old, so she's old enough to understand death. She might be upset with the dog - anyone would be - but she'll get over it. What kids WON'T get over, is their parents lying to them.

It's hard - but you know what you have to do.