We all know work sucks so do you always go to work sober...

We all know work sucks so do you always go to work sober? If so why and if not the story of what you were on and what happened would be appreciated from a curious guy like me.

because as much as i dont like work, i have to go to survive and i go sober because i dont want to get fired

Surly you can afford to get a little buzzed on something without completely fucking yourself over. Do you think society has just conditioned most people to obey no matter how unlikely it is that you'll ever get caught?

Think about it? What's really stopping you from going to your car and pounding three beers on break and poping a breathmint?

i used to work with a guy who had a drinking problem. one of the most frightening things i ever saw at that place was when he drove the entire length of the factory, in a forklift, with a full load on the forks, at top speed, while sipping from the bottle in the paper bag between his knees.

i'm glad he quit shortly after, because the fucking idiot could have killed someone, and we were the only people on that shift.

the problem with booze is that it gives you an inflated idea of your own competence. a drunken idiot thinks he's a lot more coordinated than he actually is.

That's pretty rare though and obviously I'm not talking about people driving anything or getting completely fucked up. Getting a little buzzed or eating a small eatable isn't going to hurt most people. Why are you trying to make it seem so bad by naming one of the worst possible scenarios?

working remotely from home as a senior dev, so I could (and sometimes smoke a joint late) but that would prevent me from being productive....btw work don't (excessively) suck if you know things

What things?

I rarely work sober, I've taken pretty much everything under the sun at work. It's all about maintaining composure. Some people can't act straight, and other people can talk their way out of absolutely anything while they're frying on 300mcg of LSD and a few vials of ketamine like it's nothing.

if you're highly skilled technically (which just mean you give a fuck and want to learn / optimize) after a while you'll eventually get to a level where people just consider you as a professional so you do the fuck you want (e.g. working 3 hours getting payed for 8 if you're quick) or stuff like that

If you can maintain composure in a high stress environment you'll be fine. If not you'll have to learn.

I like you user. You don't seem pussy whipped by society like the other manlets in this thread. Any fun stories?

>talking down to people you have no clue about

Dude, nobody cares what you do or why. You're probably just an electrician or some shit and that's not the point of the thread.

Going to war tends to take the pussy out of a man. What kind of stories? Drug stories? Or just stories?

Drugs/alcohol at work stories are what I'm here for but if you got a good one ready to go that's fine.

I don't really have any work related stories, like I said I maintain self control and composure to make sure story worthy things don't happen. You know what I mean?

I don't know for sure but I think I read something about soldiers smoking pot from shotguns in nam.

I smoked pure poppy latex right off a poppy pod in Afghanistan. Amphetamines are really popular too. Which is fine, you gotta stay sane somehow. If anyone deserves a pass on drug use it's combat vets.

if you are constantly hung over from the time you start the position nobody will ever know the difference. i went to work hungover constantly and sometimes even drank at lunch and nobody was the wiser. always did my job just fine and never messed up so it was no big deal

I don't do it often but I'm allowed to wear headphones at work so sometimes every couple of months I'll pop an edible at work and turn an average day into something pretty fun. The best part about it is it literally hurts nobody.

I think going to work with a hangover here and there is pretty normal for most people user.

>unproductive

That's just a myth user. I think you mean inactive because for most blue collar work or study that stuff is a miracle of the universe.

Because I work as a driver you shithead.

Driving around all day has got to suck.