Who here knows someone that killed themselves?

Who here knows someone that killed themselves?
I know this is a really jokey topic but if you're not gonna be serious please just ignore this

Other urls found in this thread:

fox2detroit.com/news/331408-story
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Whoops --
Was supposed to put this above, but if so, can you tell me how hard it was to get over/ how it affected you?

Had an ex that killed herself. I didn't find out until many years after we broke up, when I was randomly looking up people I haven't been in contact with for a long time. Can't say it affected me greatly with all the time that had past since our separation and all, but it fucked the day up I found it out. A lot of reminiscing.

My old supervisor killed himself. Wife found out he was fucking the other supervisor at my job. So he went to a hotel in vegas, and took a bunch of pills and put a bag ever his head.

Best friend hung himself 2 yrs ago. He was 28

Three people.

The first one was a classmate in eighth grade who shot himself with a shotgun. He just left a note saying he doesn't wanna live anymore without further explanation. I talked to him the day before and he seemed pretty normal. I was 14 I think and it did kind of shock me because I would've never expected it. It was kinda weird and unreal for a while but I was able to deal with it quite well.

The second one was a fat girl I knew just briefly. She was a friend of a friend and I saw her a couple of times. She jumped off a balcony. Didn't really affect me that much because I didn't know her that well.

Third one was another friend I knew from school but I didn't find out that he killed himself until about 6 months after it happened. Hadn't had seen him for like 6 years though so again it wasn't so hard to get over it. It was sad though, he was a nice guy.

Co-worker of mine, mid 30s lonely guy who was real awkward and lived alone, flirted with another co-worker and got rejected cause he was pretty weird, ended up chaining himself to the toilet and setting his house on fire.

that's a pretty fucky way to end it.

Just read your follow up question, was a shock but I wasn't very close with him so it wasn't something I had to get over, just kind of a shock of reality for a while.

Yeah I think he owed money on the house and that was a big source of his depression, so I think he wanted to destroy the house as well as a final fuck you.

A lot...I knew them because their an hero shits were posted on bestgore, liveleak and deathaddict. Still count, right?

My (aunts husband) hanged himself, leaving my cousins fatherless. I hope he regretted it the moment he junpef off the stool.

I know so many people that killed themselves I couldn't count there's been so many. I live in a place where suicide is an epidemic (Belfast, Ireland). Probably to do with the war that's been here for over 30 years

some dude i went to hs with killed himself. i only talked to him a time or two, but he seemed like an ok guy. i'm not sure why he did it, but i heard that his sister had a heart attack when she found him. not sure if that's true

i had a friend who killed himself this year. he lives in another country so i found out when his mom logged into his pc or his accounts or whatever and told me. i knew he was messed up, but i didn't suspect he might kill himself. feels bad, man

Two and one fail.
First was a friend's brother. Deep into drugs and started to just loose out at every thing he tried to do. We where in another part of the house. Heard a loud thump. Later someone went to the rest room happened to look into his open bed room door and seen him with his head blown apart.
Second one was a neighbor I grew up with. By his late 20s he became an alcoholic. Finally lost his drivers license and couldn't accept not having one. His son found his lunch box still in the kitchen one morning. They found him in the garage. He hung himself.
My aunts brother put a revolver to his head and pulled the trigger. The angle was wrong and he blew a three inch circle of skull bone out. It didn't kill him.
The first two never had much of an impact on me they where sort of like the kid you know that dies in a car wreck.
The older man that blew a chunk out of his skull still living creeped the fuck out of me. Here was a looser that couldn't even kill himself, plus he has that dead I don't care look at you when you see him.
I believe he would anyone for any reason now.

My dad killed himself

My sister in law's husband killed himself. My wife and her sister were super bummed for a long time. It was bumming me out seeing them bummed out. :/ it affects one person ALOT and that kinda trickles down to other people. I never even met the guy and yet it was still kinda depressing.

My dad.

My father-in-law blew his brains out in his backyard in front of a bunch of cops. His initial plan was go "go out in a blaze of glory" but I guess he decided not to kill any cops.

also a dude i worked with didn't show up for work one day. I was so pissed that I had to pick up his slack so I was cursing his name all day. Found out the next day he missed work because he hung himself in a shower.

these are both me, just saw your follow up question. FIL affected me more than people realize. We didn't see him that much and you'd get the impression that nobody really liked him anyway but he was always really nice to me and i thought he was a pretty cool dude. He called his daughter the day before and told her no matter what happens that he loves her. I knew what that meant and thought maybe i should convince her to call him back and talk to him but i didn't.

coworker made me sad in the sense that you kind of put your life into perspective but it was nothing lasting, felt a little bad for being so mad at him that day but thats mostly it.

In grade 7, some asshole classmate's older sister (by 1 year) killed herself. I don't know what the exact circumstances were, but by the way anyone who knew acted, it must've been pretty bad.
After that, he oddly stopped being an asshole and tried to amend any problems he caused. While I felt a little bad for them, my unfamiliarity with them and what happened meant I didn't really care too much. The main thing I remember was how dorky the teacher acted that day.

A case that was a little closer to me was a near-suicide by a childhood friend. They had parent issues too complicated to summarize here, but while driving on a highway, they crossed into the oncoming traffic, right in front of a big truck. Either she or the truck driver swerved at the last second, preventing the crash, but it was confirmed to be an act of suicide. I don't know her current condition; I haven't heard anything about her is nearly a year (she lives several hours away from me). Even though she was unharmed, it still fucking sucks that it would come to that.

There was this one kid who always seemed to be alone at my school. He wasn't bothered by it because he was the bully type who was always cocky and all. No one was his friend because he was always a dick. Though when you got to know him a little more, you could see he wanted friends. Gym class we were all given partners for weight lifting and he was my partner. Next year he moved to a new school with his abusive dad. One night when his dad was at the bar or something he shot himself with a shotgun. I wasn't devastated but I did feel shocked and a little sad. I was probably one of the few people to see under the mask he was portraying. Every now and then when I'd walk passed his gym locker I'd think about it but now I'm graduated so the last thoughts will stay with the school.

you're thinking about it now, dipshit

I had an online friend of a couple of years who killed himself. We were good friends, chatting every day via skype and stuff. He was poor and out of a job, so he actually got most of his money from camwhoring, but I wasn't into him in that way, so I never watched.

He had arguments with his dad about money and drinking... His father was an ex-alcoholic, and Matthew wanted to hide the fact that he had turned to alcoholism after turning 21 from his father, but to no avail. One day he told me that he wanted to confront his dad about something I can't remember, and that he was gonna keep his pistol on him in case it got heated. I talked him out of it, and we watched a movie together, having a few beers. We stayed up until sunrise (for him it was around midnight, since we live in different timezones) and I left to go to bed.

The day after I didn't get to go to my computer.. I didn't see him for the next month or so, and when I finally got the courage, I looked up his name and the town he lived in, and what I found matched the situation completely...

fox2detroit.com/news/331408-story

It did change me... It made me quit all drugs and alcohol for a while... Because of my grief, I met my current girlfriend a couple months after, and I learned to moderate my intake way more. I wish I had more to tell, but I really don't... It fucking messed me up, and it ruined an entire week for me. I was too emotional to work... Even if you don't know eachother personally IRL, it hurts, and I can't even imagine what it would've been like if he were a real life friend of mine.

being cocky can just be a bad coping mechanism for feeling lonely and having no friends. Instead of thinking: "There must be something wrong with me for people not want to be my friend", which can cripple a young kid, they think "I'm pretty great, they dislike me because they're jealous/I'm better than them and they can't stand it". It saves them from a lot of mental confusion and feelings of worthlessness, but of course it's a toxic mindset that will only make the problem bigger.

Oh btw, pic related, it's him

that really sucks, man

In high school a girl (12 yr old) who was the sister of someone I knew jumped off the Disneyland Hotel. Didn't really know her but I wanted to fuck her
A few years ago a woman I worked with disappeared and it was assumed she killed herself, her car was found abandoned with blood in a nearby restroom, never found her, she was a closet lesbo with lots of emotional problems
About a week later a guy I worked with shot himself in the head, it didn't kill him right away, took about an hour for him to die, he was despondent after finding out his wife (they had a newborn) was fucking another dude and she was a real bitch about it
About a year ago another guy I worked with shot himself, found out he had cancer couldn't live with it

I do.

Sister did last year, gunshot to the side of the head. Went out like an hero.

When I was 14, one of my dad's friends killed his wife then himself.

At the end of my first year of college, a guy on my dormitory floor jumped after failing out. Over the next 3 years I personally knew 2 of the 5 suicides at our school. I'd met all of them but one at least once.

When I was about 28 I found out an old highschool buddy had ended up marrying the prom queen. He was a 4/10, she was a 8-9/10 and still is. He found out she was cheating, waited until she opened the door and blew his head off with a shotgun. They had 3 kids together, but I wonder if she just married him to raise the real daddy's kids.

Another I'm not 100% sure was intentional - I was working at a factory and one of the guys on my shift who was always saying he'd be better off dead walked around the safety guards on a machine and was killed instantly by a 100K volts. The factory was shut down afterwards because the protections in place were severely inadequate and not up to codes.

Last, I've known a few people that OD'd. Again, maybe not intentional, but one of them was in his car parked in his ex-wife's driveway with needles in both arms - so probably intentional on that one.

I've also known quite a few people that tried and failed. A gorgeous blonde in college that slit her wrists after her boyfriend beat her, a female coworker that popped a bunch of pills only to get found and have her stomach pumped or whatever. A guy that tried to commit seppuku. He missed any vital organs and couldn't drag the blade across after stabbing it in. He's still in a ward somewhere last I heard. Another, and probably the most painful failure I know, is the guy that poured gasoline over his head and lit himself on fire. He was in intensive care for months, but survived. He's still alive 20 years later.

In case you were wondering, I live in a town with lead mines. I'm fairly certain there is lead in the water which is why everyone is fucking crazy. I only drink bottled, not tap water.

Best and oldest friends hung himself when he was 18. Still not really over that 14 years later.

how does it feel
?/10

Aren't you concerned that you might be cursed ?

I knew the aunt of that 12yo girl who hanged herself on stream. The one that got a lot of controversy over how long it was piblicslly viewable on Facebook. I think her name was Katy or something.

Katy gave the best blowjobs mannn..