I am a conservative and I feel that supporting the death penalty is the very opposite of that position

I am a conservative and I feel that supporting the death penalty is the very opposite of that position.

The entire system of paperwork, facility, oversight, chemical expense, etc. makes it a very expensive program.

Don't we want more freedom and less established power held by our deeply imperfect government? Why do you wish them to have the power to kill us? It is a fact that innocents will die by our hands. I am not willing to bathe myself in blood for the "greater good," and I feel that is a very un-American position to have.

In addition, why do you wish the realms of government to be concerned with vengeance instead of a strict position of doing what must be done? The courts cannot know as perfectly as you, as a hypothetical personal witness, who deserves to die. Personally, you are not wrong to seek the death of your mortal enemies, such as those who kill members of your family and tribe unjustly; however, I feel you are a fool to wish the government to have a system of death through the courts; the courts everyone so regularly turn around to highlight the imperfection of when they are upset with it!

The court must remove from a governed society those individuals who harm that society. We lock them up because we must; perhaps they will be proven innocent later, perhaps not. The government can't be about "muh feelings," or "b-but this one's really bad so they'll just kill this one citizen, it's okay!"

It makes no social, political or economic sense. It is commie bullshit supported by pseudo-conservative retards who don't want big government except when their feelings say so.

>conservative retards who don't want big government except when their feelings say so

Welcome to reality.

>big government sucks! Get out of our lives!

>what the fuck? You aren't allowed to smoke that. What kind of marriage is this church about to perform? We should ban that, it's not my values. Stop that. Drones killed innocents, even American citizens! Down with Obama! Less government power! Oh what? Eh, so what if innocent Americans die all the time due to the death penalty. Gotta break eggs to make an omelette, komrade

Death penalty doesn't require paper work or facilities or anything.

They can just take them outback and shoot them in the head.

that's $0.50 for the bullet and $500 to clean up the mess

>who kill members of
"""conservatives""" are not real conservatives
The only real freedom loving people are anarchists

Regarding the other point you made: Being a conservative means being risk averse.

This means taking more severe measures against perceived threats. Death penalty falls right in line with this way of thinking.

I actually thought about mentioning you people in my post, because I meet you all the time, literally the

>"hurr jus shoot em right there just a a quarter for a bullet lol"

crowd. I hope you don't really mean it Mr. Stalin, as that's not only impossible, it's completely retarded nationally and internationally, and you are exactly the people who are making our side into a joke and pushing young americans to the left

Why? I'm not suggesting we do away with a trial. We're just talking about the death penalty part. Firing squads are an american tradition.

Yeah except you're just an emotional faggot executing them on the spot is the most efficient solution.

>I am a conservative

Kys

In the middle east traditionally if a thief was caught his hand was cut off.
Do you think that lowered crime rates?

In the US if a thief is caught he is given free shelter and food at other's expense

>This means taking more severe measures against perceived threats. Death penalty falls right in line with this way of thinking.

It does not.

We may already remove the citizen from society and eliminate his threat essentially entirely. It is not only possible but occurs that people on death row are proven innocent.

We are considering our own government killing our own citizens if it decides, we are not considering wartime conditions.

I find your equating of these things and your casual acceptance of our government killing an unknown number of innocent civilians incredibly alarming, not to mention the near perfect example of an absolute left-wing position, where the word of the potentially corrupt establishment drags people to die, and the known death of your own brother Americans is waved away.

thank you for your deep insights

>real conservative = anarchist
boy you are stupid

Bullets aren't that expensive.

You're confusing libertarian values with conservative values. They're not the same.

There's no contradiction between being right wing and serving a monarch.

The question of whether we should use the death penalty is different from how the death penalty should be carried out. You're changing the question so that you can moralfag on me.

If we carry out a death penalty, we should do it in a way that burdens us the least.

Are you seriously arguing the "just shoot them in the head" argument?

Listen.

First, the chemicals aren't the expensive element, relatively speaking. True, bullets would be less expensive, at the trade off of a massive hit to our international reputation, civil unrest possibilities, etc. Let's say you're okay with that.

Now we pay for

- construction, maintenance, regular professional review and continuous upkeep of capital punishment facilities and equipment, which will have to be re-purchased and refitted to regulate and effectively carry out the new and vastly different firearm standard
- total court costs associated with additional court proceedings required when capital punishment is considered
- total court costs associated with cases brought against various executions
- total recompense to families and heirs of criminals ruled innocent when new evidence is discovered
- total cost of individual religious considerations, last rites, etc.

many fucking other things, I'm tired of listing them

doctors, medically reviewed death, legal ruling of homicide at a certified medical institution which drives up healthcare costs that little bit more, and other shit

it is ALWAYS a wasteful burden and your suggestion of just moving to shooting them is useless and uneducated and I am literally insulting you by having to explain this

>pseudo-conservative retards who don't want big government except when their feelings say so.
Bad news senpai, that's basically all conservatives.

>make death penalty prohibitively expensive because of your pathetic moralfaggotry
>try to use its expense as an argument afterward

This is circular.

>>make death penalty prohibitively expensive because of your pathetic moralfaggotry

It already is, due to laws and first world regulations and oversights.

Do you literally want the "guilty verdict" to signal two soldiers to drag him out of the room and shoot them in the head with no checks or established regulations?

Even if you do you're retarded because you'd need to alter our laws so deeply and face an endless degree of cases against you, and endless political opposition, so your idea is impossible

But uh, yeah, it would be a disaster nationally and internationally either way?

why are you people so stupid? Do you not understand political unrest, or what stress this would put on the courts, or the scandals, or our international allies pulling away from us as our reputation plummets?

like, what retards,

you'd solve every problem, be more conservative, save money and prevent the death of innocents by just locking them up in controlled prisons until they serve the sentence or are proven innocent

the death penalty is retarded,

This

Either become a libertarian cuck or embrace glorious NatSoc

Neocons are the worst middle-of-the-road cognitive dissonance faggots there are. Their doublethink is almost as bad as that of libshits.

>savage psychopath infiltrates society
>rapes innocent women (not just false accusations), kills and rapes children, kills men and steals from countless people

>Community is finally able to find out who did it and prove it was him

>Hurr let's let a group of people steal money from us every year, use a fraction of that money to pay themselves for stealing it, and another fraction to pay for the housing, food, care, etc. of this psychopath parasite
>let's teach other psychopaths that aren't willing to work and follow the community's basic morals that it's ok to steal and kill because even if they get caught, they will be taken care of for life by other thieves
>Clearly the most moral, pragmatic, sane option

The government controls the military.
The military kills people every day.
The government controls the police.
The police kill people every day.
It is literally retarded to suggest we take away the right of the government to execute criminals but still let police carry guns and the military fight wars.

Either disarm the entire country, or improve our failed judicial system if you don't trust it. But outlawing capital punishment is laughable. Be serious. Horrible people exist and the government should kill them sometimes.

>international reputation
What are they gonna do exactly?

you still have to pay people to fill out the extensive paperwork, and they're probably unionized so they make the big bucks

>"proves"
>present threats and wartime are the same as the court system and the choice between prison and death

I've soundly refuted all of this in the thread already. Posters here really are just circlejerking memers and ""conservatives"" who just parrot simple reasoning and positions that get them social acceptance.

God damn guys, this is exactly the stuff I see on facebook, it's embarrassing

They should just revoke citizenship and deport people like the used to. It would be an easy way to get rid of troublesome illegals that are only here because they have an anchor baby.

>"proves"
multiple eyewitness testimony, DNA evidence, and video footage as proof

you still think the population that was victimized should have a portion of their yearly production be stolen and inefficiently used to provide for him for the rest of his life? Are you a cuckold?

Look I agree the system currently in place is garbage.

But I don't think my points are weak. I think death is an appropriate sentence for some crimes, particularly for egregious examples of murder. I think the death penalty, following conviction, should be swift and without honor to the criminal.

I think this is both fair, justified, and reasonable.

But if you gave me the choice between a state with no death penalty and a state with execution of political enemies, I'd rather see it abolished.

i never understood why we don't just enslave prisoners.
keeping them in jail is a waste.

>internationally

Who the fuck cares? Some people need to be put down. If that hurts your feelings, become a fucking democrat.

You haven't refuted anything, all you've said is:

"Think about how hard it would be to simplify the death penalty. Oh and what about the international community?!"

If you put any stock whatsoever into the international community, you're the worst kind of cuck.

>i never understood why we don't just enslave prisoners.
We do. There's a constitutional caveat allowing it.

we should, but we don't.
our nationwide infrastructure is going to hell, especially the energy grids.
the jews in charge of them refused to upgrade them themselves, so using "slave labor" to do it would appease both parties.

It's blatantly fucking clear that the death penalty doesn't work as a deterrent. It's been proven, and yet people still act like it's just a no-brainer to do it. The purpose is basically to fuel the public's revenge boner over what the scum did.

>It's not a deterrent

Who cares? Do it anyway. Do you want to be spending money keeping that scum alive for the rest of his life? If so, move to a Scandinavian country.

The legal fees cost much more than keeping one inmate alive.

I find people that try to tell me what I think and feel to be an unending source of hilarity.

Which is why we need to fix the process so that it's cheaper.

Executing someone requires jumping through a bunch of unnecessary hoops at the moment. With modern technology, and a rejection of limp-wristed values, we can cut costs a lot.

public torture would work as a deterrent.
the constitution only prohibits cruel AND unusual punishment.

meaning it can be one or the other but not both.

If you're willing to jail them for life until they rot away and die of natural causes you are nothing more than a hypocrite and a coward.

The hypocrite cares nothing about those innocent men jailed by the same judges, the same juries, the same evidence, the same procedure for lesser crimes and does nothing to fix the injustice. What of them? Why do only the absolute worst and most brutal of niggers get your defense instead of those looking for only a few years on a lesser crime?

You propose nothing by eliminating the death penalty. You instead cry out demanding nothing change but feel-good measures that amount to nothing. You are virtue signaling, no different than any faggot leftist.