When did you grow out of your contrarian phase and realise this was at least an 8/10

When did you grow out of your contrarian phase and realise this was at least an 8/10

Today. 8.5

i never had one its always been a great album for me

when I dropped acid and got over myself

Chance... acid rapper...

I haven't bothered to listen to it yet, but I do like Aqualung, but I don't like In the Court of the Crimson King. Should I play it?

It's nothing like Crimson King. Haven't heard Aqualung

It's the opposite actually
When you take drugs you just become more self absorbed, like you know something someone else doesn't
The only way to really let go of the ego is adopt asceticism

You sound like someone who has never tried drugs before

sonically no, but both amount to ersatz shit

How'd I know you were going to say that

I never had a contrarian phase with this album. I got into it when I was 17. A kid from my class in high school committed suicide. At his memorial service his mom talked about how this was his favorite album, and he'd listen to it over and over again. Especially the song Us and Them. I spent the next week listening to it constantly because I wanted to understand everything about it, why it meant so much to him, and I guess because I wanted to connect with him. A couple years later one of his best friends jumped off a bridge. I saw their other best friend recently, and he seemed depressed and aimless.

a few months ago

i never even bothered listening to it because it's reddit meme music

Asceticism? Please. It's all about the middle path, if you really want to let go of the self, my dude.

What music would the Buddha have listened to?

Shit man, that's just sad.

I still haven't even listened to this lmao

same, its on my mp3 player too (grabbed a bunch of pink floyd albums off a friend)

Probably Modest Mouse

All three are totally different

It's a solid 7. Piper is a 8+ or so.

That's just how she goes, boys!

just get super high and listen to it

soccer hackey sacker

this but unironically

Professional contrarian coming thru: I like The Wall more

There is some really good tracks in this album.
Found myself going back to a couple of the songs a few times, but only had the patience to sat through the whole thing ~3 times, i would give it an 8.5
It does everything pretty well and sounds very nice, i just dont find it that interesting or do i feel compeled to come back to listen to more of it.
I like animals and wish you were here a lot more.

Get the fuck outta here, Christgau.

Not yet, still a strong 5 for me. Is there some way I can delude myself into thinking the whole thing is as consistently good as breathe?

These days I mostly just play Obscured by Clouds and More.

Never thought it was bad. In fact if anything I think less of it now than I once did. It used to be the pinnacle of music that nothing could touch, now it's just one of the albums I say are 10/10

I always felt PF was less sincere than other psych bands and tried too hard to be one

Any Colour You Like is just impeccable

There are a lot of classic albums I have that contrarian phase with but so far I have always loved dsotm. Probably my favorite super mainstream album. 10/10

My sister's ex sleazy bf got me into this album.
Time was fucking insane when I was a young teenager

When I got high for the first time I listened to this album, no regrets after all of these years.

Ban Pink floyd

Essentially I saw that Pitchfork gave Animals or something a 10/10. Then I realized all the Pink Floyd hate was unwarranted, and that Dark Side of the Moon was an incredible album.

Tried many many times to listen to whole thing. Never actually done it. Fucking hate pink floyd

I'm sorry but Pink Floyd is just so fucking good. I've held that opinion for over 20 years now and so has anyone I've met that has a lick of sense.

What I don't understand is how people can love this album and say Wish You Were Here was bad. I've seen a lot of fans saying "everything after Dark Side wasn't Pink Floyd as they used to be".
Someone here is like that ? If yes explain me please. (Don't talk about The Wall, just WYWH)

Right before my "music is subjective, listen to what you like, what you like liking, or what stimulates you" phase... Then it became a 6/10, and Animals became a 9/10.

Time is still my favorite PF song tho

K-pop shitposter for sure

>I've seen a lot of fans saying "everything after Dark Side wasn't Pink Floyd as they used to be".
When people say that it mainly has to do with Roger Waters being more and more controlling over the band after they got big I'm gay.

Yes I agree with that, but it's not yet the case in Wish You Were Here. That's why I don't get it ^^

I've unironically always thought this was their best album.

Dark Side and The Wall are the best albums in whole world. Dont deal with it

I've heard people hate on DSOTM for its popularity but never heard anyone say WYWH was bad