Recently lost health insurance

>recently lost health insurance
>starting to feel a sore throat
>i frequently get strep and other throat infections that require anti biotics

any way to stay ahead of this thing / beat it without going to the doctor?

penicillin.

im no expert but some mo fo in pantaloons discovered it way way way back before they had tv and shit.

do what he did?

try gargling with warm salt water. then garling with listerine (the alcohol kind).

if you can find it, go right to gargling with hexetidine (you might even find it as a throat spray OTC).

it might not work, but it's probably your best shot.

Gargle frequently with warm salt water, I take a small disposable water bottle and put 1 teaspoon of salt and carry it with you and every couple of minutes, gargle with it, spit it out.

Take an asprin or two daily

Drink some grapefruit juice 100%

Take a tablet or two of vitamin c

Go to a vietnamese restaurant and eat some PHO, and load it up with the herbs and jalapenos and make sure you eat all the herbs and drink all of the broth

If you take too many antibiotics now, when you have a serious conditions they might be rendered ineffective and you might die of some other infection

Strep isn't usually serious and will clear up on its own. The salt water method does work quite well. Main reason antibiotics are prescribed for it is to eliminate the possible complication of your strep leading to rheumatic fever.

Fish antibiotics are a current thing for people now.

What a fuck shit situation this country is in. "I don't want my tax money for universal health care no I wanna pay 400 month then copays and bills on top of that instead"

Find a free clinic
Go to it
Get prescription
For free

Quit sucking dicks!

Drink more water

Drink some Teh Halia (ginger tea) from Malaysia, they might have it at an oriental food store

that's why you have to take them untill all bacteria is 100% dead moron

Some are great and some are filled with all kinds of ghetto trash with a long ass wait.

Conventional doctors today do a great job of scaring people out of their minds about the possibility of rheumatic fever/heart damage from allowing the body to deal with a strep throat infection unmedicated.

However, the truth is, the risk of complications from strep throat is very small for healthy people who have no issues with their immune system.

Even WebMD used to state (before pharmaceutical industry pressure forced a change in language to only mention antibiotics) that strep throat will go away on its own with or without treatment in 3-7 days

camomile

STUPID and then when you really need the antibiotics you die of a much more serious reaction! Fuck you stupid, antibiotics are overprescribed.

And another thing, all the anti-bacterial soaps actually weaken people, because they don't get minor infections that cure on their own.

nah its a real thing

people even get endocarditis from cavities that become infected

RETARD:

When over-used, they lead to antibiotic-resistant bacteria that will cause far more deaths than rheumatic fever. If the economic cost of antibiotics and subsequent office or emergency room visits for their side effects is factored in (we’re talking hundreds of millions of dollars per year), the argument becomes even more convincing. While antibiotics may be justified in developing nations with the rates of rheumatic fever are higher, or during local outbreaks of rheumatic fever, I would argue that they are not worth the health risks or the economic cost for the typical case of strep throat.

Lol I thought healthcare was perfectly 100% free and all the supplies and doctors just fall from the sky. Obongo and Bernie mustve lied to me

move to a non 3rd world country?

Eat raw garlic bruh good fr ur breathing

Nobody is saying its "not a real thing", its just that snowflakes and faggots run to the doctor everytime they have a sniffle, its totally unnecessary.

Move to a first world country with free healthcare and get treated

>Confirm that it's strep throat. >Call your doctor's office, state you have strep throat and you know it's strep throat because you drank after a friend/family member with it
>Ask if they could call in a prescription of antibiotics to a pharmacy, as you don't think an appointment is necessary or don't have the money on hand for an appointment.
>Antibiotics.

I never go to the doctor for strep. I just do the above and pick up my script later that day.

i heard sucking the juice out of garlic kills the bacteria, gonna buy osme on the way hom etoday.

thats not allowed, they are not allowed to prescribe anti biotics until they do a strep test / throat culture. yes, i tried this

You need to start eating healthier than. You should be suffering from those things and you don't need antibiotics

Your doctor sucks then. My dentist does that, even. Broke a tooth on something, it got infected, I called my dentist and said I don't have the money to get it extracted and that I needed antibiotics. They transfered me to the "prescription center" or what ever the fuck, left a voicemail, and got a call three hours later asking what pharmacy I needed it sent to. Of course, my area is an area where they still prescribe hydrocodone for everything, so there's that.

Go to a vet or a pet store and say you need antibiotics for your fish. You can get them without a prescription and they're the same potency.

she does.

In a third world country people can afford it because it's cheap.
In a first world country people have it because it's ubiquitously available.

We need a new word. The wild west is old fashioned, wasteland, perhaps.

but this person doesn't have it, yet it's available

Not to them it's not.

OP, have you tried not being poor?

buy fish antibiotics off amazon like everyone else

add some honey somewhere in there. honey is really good for the immune system and all other kinds of human bean things. and it will soothe the throat at the same time.