I come to tell you a tale of my cat...

I come to tell you a tale of my cat. My companion throughout the years and my best friend for a large portion of my childhood. Here we go.
>be me
>be 6
>christmas day
>parents get me a kitten for my present, and I loved that animal like nothing else
>cat was always there to greet me when I came home from school, followed me around the house, and I always looked forward to coming home to her
>my parents split up and we took the cat with us
>we were broke, and I could never really make any friends because I didn't have any cool stuff
>bunch of annoying black kids at my school tease me about my cat and just in general being dicks
>feel bad I don't have a dog but I still love my cat
>we move back with my dad into a different house, because we were megabroke
>cat gets hit by a car but she survives, albeit with a slight wheeze in her breathing and being a little more lazy
>we move away again, even farther, and permanently
>cat really likes the move, we go out to the country and she can walk around outside and not be scared of cars (we had a massive driveway and a huge backyard)
>get picked on by other kids because for my 11th birthday I get the SNES and everyone else already had the PS2
>become less interested in interacting with people
>cat becomes really my only source of interaction
cont.

Other urls found in this thread:

petwellbeing.com/c/cat-products/condition/cancer
petwellbeing.com/c/cat-products/condition/liver
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

cont.
>I eventually graduate high school
>decide not do go to college because I already had an entry-level job at a paving company back in my hometown
>move back and take the cat with me because my mom didn't really want her anymore
>live in a shitty apartment with cat and eat almost nothing but ramen noodles for a portion of my life
>eventually decide to go to college so I can become an ATC (always liked planes)
>graduate, and actually manage to land a job at an airport
>make good money and move out of the shitty apartment to a better one closer to work
>cat enjoys the move from the old place, mainly because the carpets were clean and there was a little window sill she could sleep on
>cat begins to show signs of aging
>lazy and kind of aimlessly wandering about
>never really likes to play with her toys any more
>begins to eat less
>grow really concerned
cont.

bump for continuation

cont.
>take cat to vet to figure out what was wrong with her
>they ask her age, and I tell them I've had the cat since I was 6
>says that she might just be growing older and to consider changing the brand of food to something she might enjoy more
>do it and notice she begins to eat more
>way too much more
>she throws up on stuff a lot before I take her back to the vet and they begin trying to figure out what was really wrong with her
>it takes them a while and eventually they say she has feline alzheimers
>news shocks me so much that I call in sick to work for the next two days
>fast forward to one month ago
>she's gotten so bad that she bumps into things now and forgets where her food and litter box are
>wanders around and won't let me pet her any more
>she eventually stops wandering and allows me to pet her but she's in bad shape
>take her to a vet to have her put down so she didn't suffer any more
>I have her buried at a pet burial site
>My best friend is gone

I will never forget you, my friend.

How old was she?

I never really figured out animal years, but she would be about 60 in human years.

>but she would be about 60 in human years

lol wat

Damn, cherish the good times with her, catbro.

As in, if you took a human that was 60 years old, and you put it into animal years, that's how old she would be.
Thanks.

putting this on the subreddit

Sorry to read this, user! Chin-up! There are still some people who don't suck at life! Sorry about your cat-bro. I'm allergic to the little buggers, but they're great at keeping company.

Stay strong catbro, it was a moving story (without bad pun intended) feel sorry for your loss

Sorry for your loss mate. I have 3 cats, they are starting to get old and I dread the day they pass away. People say cats dont show love but tuey dont know cats.

sheesh, good luck man.

My sincerest condolences man, you made this cat's life wonderful and you never abandoned her, you are a good human being, never forget that

Sorry, user. My cats are only about 8 years old at the moment, so they still have some time, but I dread for when this day will come for me.

I'm very sorry user. I can't say you'll recover fully emotionally, but I damn hope you do. Stay strong.

I am so, so, sorry for your loss, OP. I know what it's like to lose a beloved. Hurts so much.

I'm glad you had such a good life together that you could miss her and grieve her this much.

Please know that your friend isn't gone, she's just gone ahead. She's still with you. She simply has a new form now, her energy, unbound by her body. The way to see her in her new form is to pay attention to when something has you think of her - a thought, a memory, a physical sensation, a scent, a feeling. These are all her new ways of reminding you she's near.

A very, very, very wise friend told be just before he went ahead, "This isn't the end of all forms. It's just the end of this form."

So as much as it hurts to not have her with you in her kitty body, your friend will always be with you.

And she will always, always love you.

Mr Ruben. My cat

Here's a pic of my cat to make you feel better. Also what breed of cat did you own

Can cats get aids? because my cat is basically the chad of my neighborhood.

I 'm glad your cat's dead faggot i remember you from high school stupid white boi

Another Cat. Ms Jemima

That cat is fucking ugly.

My third kitty. Ms Masala

She has liver cancer.

She says you only said that because you have a small penis

Yes there is a form of feline aids

godspeed OP, you are a faggot like always but i feel you.

Dont cut yourself on that edge kiddo

Sorry for your loss. Maybe boobs will cheer you up. I have a cat called Leo. We had him since 2000. He is still in good shape and he is fat.

Have you tried alternative therapies like liquid milk thistle extract? Animals can recover from things allopathic vets insist are hopeless - they just need assistance.

My cat responded really well to the medicines from PetWellbeing, so start there and read the experiences and check other holistic-natural pet care places too. (PetWellbeing even has a money back guarantee, so you can try things and see which one works best.)

Links cancer and liver support for you:
petwellbeing.com/c/cat-products/condition/cancer
petwellbeing.com/c/cat-products/condition/liver

I hope you and all your kitties can be happy together for a very long time.

I will be honest with you I all most cried reading your story. Fucking niggers, why cant the black kids leave the white boy alone. Cats are so cute.

She is 15. The vet says it pretty much terminal at this stage. She still likes to sit on the couch next to me and purr so she isnt too bad. Thanks anyway man.

This is my cat, Fuzzbomb,
The Destroyer of Worlds

sorry about your cat, OP

Love cats
But i never had one

Then perhaps some of the medicines will help make whatever time Ms. Jemima has left more comfortable.

(I worry her purring might be a sign of comforting herself because she's in pain, so things that while not extending her life make her more comfortable are still worth trying.)

I hope whatever time you have left is full of love. And remember that whenever she does go, she's not leaving, she's just going ahead. She will always be with you, and she will always love you.

I know, she does love me. She hasn't really changed behaviour, she just lost a stack of weight so I took her to the vet. They changed her food and did an ultrasound and she had a huge tumor on her liver. They re did the ultrasound a few weeks later and it had grown. She is a very loving cat

For cats the first two years are equal to our first 25, then after that every year I 4 cat years.

im so sorry op. heres my cat tim. hes just over a year but i still dread the day i loose him

Op made me cry.

I adopted my grey tabby from the humane society five years ago. She wasn't the one on the front display with the super fine coat that everyone wanted to buy...no...she was in a small cage near the back area where people don't typically look. She had just finished some treatments after being rescued from a warehouse. When she saw me she looked right into my eyes and extended her front paw out the cage at me...I knew at that moment I was taking her home.

Five years later she still relishes every day I'm with her. She meows for joy when I come home from work, she greets me a minute after I wake up...she'll compete for my attention when I'm away for too long and she likes when I chase her around the house and blocking those little soft ball toys I toss at her like a soccer goalie.

I know she'll get old someday so I'm enjoying her while she's still very active and happy.

Just a white boi and his cat. Fuck the car

Feelsbadman. I have a bond like that with my cat and she's not getting any younger.

and you have the body of a demigod, don't you?

Had to put down my cat too because she got cancer

The poor thing had a hole in her stomach and ot was leaking out..

I cried like a bitch

These are my buddies user. We're all so sad to hear your story dude.

OP should immediately adopt a new cat
>pic somewhat related

That's how it was when I adopted Sergio. I had walked into PetSmart to talk to a woman, not with any idea of anything pet-related at all. And as I was walking through the middle of the store I glanced over to the Cat Adoption area...and I saw Sergio was looking right at me. My heart sank - because I knew I'd have to adopt him (and I was still grieving from another loss). But I also knew I wasn't going to leave him, that he was depending on me and we were supposed to be together.

So after a lot of work and fighting with the adoption agency (a bunch of cat ladies who kept doing this weird power trip thing with controlling the adoptions of all the cats) I was able to bring him home.

I ended up being very glad Sergio saved me from wallowing in my earlier grief. So rather than only me saving him, he saved me too.

I love you Sergio.

caturday comes early this week

lucky all my cat does is fucking use me she purrs in my ear at 4 in the morning and fucking wakes me for nothing
and she loves to type on my keyboard
5ychthg3 2 2z2iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssssss z/o/a2ooqwro2
one of her master pieces

Every time i lose hope in /b i find threads like this and i see that theres still humanity here after all, sorry for your loss man my sincerest condolences, but have peace in knowing that shes in a better place.

bumping for cats