Just imagine if "Cartoons & Cereal" was the ending track to this album instead of "Compton"...

Just imagine if "Cartoons & Cereal" was the ending track to this album instead of "Compton". How much better is this album? Or even "Black Boy Fly" replacing "Compton". Or even fucking "The Recipe".

Like fuck that song dude. That Just Blaze beat shoulda knocked harder and that hook is wack.

"Ay Dre what's happening with it, my nigga?" fucking AWESOME ad-lib dude. Original as fuck.

This was Dre's price. "You're gonna be my New Protege, but you're not going to use any of my beats on your first album on my label. Alright then, well you gotta have me get a verse on this shit. And you gotta write it. And it gotta sound cool when you write it. Put that shit on the album and you get signed. Hell yeah." *rubs hands in anticipation of potentially being relevant again*

Otherwise what is the point of this safe, unnecessary ass song proclaiming "AND AFTER ALL THAT SHIT I JUST TALKED ABOUT GOING THROUGH, I'M HERE WITH DRE!! YEE-HAW COMPTON BABY" ???

compton isnt even a bad closing track

Fuck Compton.

i think your original post already outlined that you dont like the song you dummy

You got me. Need to bump this shit because I actually wanna hear people's opinions on this bullshit but I also genuinely don't believe that a lot of the people on Sup Forums who talk hiphop nowadays even have opinions on this shit

Compton is one of hiphop's best closers, you're just a faggot. It's all about the buildup, just like the buildup to God but you were faggots about that track too.

Suck my dick, GKMC is a 9.5/10.

swimming pools is bad. backstreet freestyle is bad (intentionally but still bad). poetic justice is terrible, compton is boring and money trees is boring. besides that great album

your opinion is absolute garbage

>money trees is boring

if you cut jay rock and then made it a 3 minute song inside maybe it'd be good.

I was listening to this earlier today and had the same exact fucking thoughts. It's such a great album and Compton feels immensely out of place. I don't even think it's terrible but it should be a bonus track.

>cut jay rock

stop posting

kys

nice bait

not bait, fight me

>swimming pools is bad
>money trees is boring

>cut the best verse on the entire album
wow

>thinking the best verse on the album is not M.A.A.D. City verse 1

All of Kendrick's closers have honestly been god tier. Compton is probably the least best one (mainly because it's up against shit like fucking DUCKWORTH. and Mortal Man and HiiiPoWeR), but thematically it's the cathartic release.
Dre makes perfect sense on the track because it's literally all about how Kendrick finally, through his rap and through his growing maturity, manages to beat the odds and come out on top, which includes ultimately working with Dre, another legend who rose up from the bottom like he did. And the ending with the instrumental is just a 10/10 moment.
That being said The Recipe works better as its own song, though I like it more as the epilogue to the story (much like I think of The Heart Part 3 as the intro to the story).

>Swimming pools is bad

what about Black Boy Fly instead of Compton? relisten to it and idk it just works

this is actually a good opinion fuck jay rock

>money trees is boring

money trees is the only song from this album that holds up in 2017

Mortal Man is up its own ass as fuck though. The Tupac interview gimmick does not hold up

this album is better than DAMN b.t.w.