Hey from the UK and looking for a good hot hatch/hatchback car thinking either golf gti...

Hey from the UK and looking for a good hot hatch/hatchback car thinking either golf gti,audi a3 or honda civic type r willing to spending between 3-4 grand, anyone got any other options?

Nissan sunny gti-r. Old now but still good.

Octavia VRS

A beat up Audi A3 1.8T from 2008 is the best you could do with that poverty cash.

Civic Type R, AMG hatch, Focus RS

Oops used shit that costs 3-4k. How about a focus st

ive owned a 2015 gti and now own a 2015 a3. you'll be happy with either one. use your 3k as a downpayment and buy a new car and know it will be reliable.

Focus st with the volvo t5 engine in good for over 300 bhp.

Yeah, just buy a focus. You don't have enough money to buy something that's going to impress people...

Don't get a Golf. Every single Golf driver in the UK drives like a complete cunt.

5dr Scooby doo wrx.

Really isn't a better car that's a hatchback for 3 to 4k other than a focus st.

Golf it is then!

I've had 4 golf's. Cheek. No in fact your rite lol.

like all the bmw

only douch drive them, that sad

Try to choose a car without a turbo
Every turbo car I've ever had has blown up on me sooner or later. I've lost count on how many turbos I've bought.

£3-4k? You're a disgrace, you might as well just kill yourself and leave that money to pay for your funeral.

My philosophy for buying cars these days is something that covers all practical points I'm after, great to drive, and the most inconspicuous one I can find - something everyone has. I'd rather blend in than be challenged by dickheads at every set of lights. So yeah Focus or similar...

Or buy an alfa lol.

>Buying new and paying for massive depreciation because you think your Golf or A3 will be reliable that way

top fucking kek

Yeah buy a sleeper and then whip there ass.

Is OP a fag architect?

better than buying a used car that has been driven like its a race car with a 4 banger and blows up before 100k.

kikke

Maybe

Sabb 9-3 aero 6mt turbo

Nissan Stagea

Oh look a thread full of condescending assholes

I bet everyone who's chatting shit about the £3-4k thing meets at least one of the following:

a) Has no car
b) Has no money
c) Has no sense of money

The choice totally depends on what you want out of your car. The Type-R is a high revving hot hatch that might be less relaxing to live with on a daily basis, the A3 will be smoother but not quite as "exiting". Personally I'd go for a manual Mk5 GTI if I was looking for a hot hatch, you can find a decent 3-door with reasonable miles for around 3k.

Since Im not doing that, I would get a nice Lexus GS300 for 4k and be happy with my above average reliability and smoothness. Or buy a manual E39 530i if you know how to fix cars yourself.

I recently got an 06 A3 2.0T (115,00 miles) for $4300 USD, which I consider to be a pretty good deal. Fun little car so far.

I've had the same car for 15 years, Peugeot 206 from new cost £11,500, now worth £300... so you're kinda right....

Thats because you arent retarded and go buy a car sight unseen. You really have to have 0 knowledge about anything car related to end up with a 4k car that will blow up 2 weeks down the road. But I guess thats the kind of people new car financing and leases were made for.

I figured the longer I kept it the cheaper it would be... cost me £750 a year

Bad advice, buy used and learn to do minor repairs/maintenance yourself. Unless you have the cash/income to burn, of course.

no i just like having a car that has nice things in it. i have a 2004 volkswagen gli and the 2015 audi a3. and i can promise you the a3 is more fun and comfortable to be in, not to mention i know it will be a better car throughout its life.

That's why you attempt to buy from some grandma who has never given it 50% throttle.

A golf & an A3 are the same fucking car underneath.

Its a car from VWs worst era vs a fairly new A3, of course the Audi is better. That doesn't mean that buying a new A3 was a good idea if you can buy an equally nice (and maybe in many areas better) car, lets say a 2011 Lexus IS350, for thousands less, yet still have a better reliability track record. New car depreciation is real, and all "certified pre-owned" car shoppers will thank the idiots that paid for a large chunk of that depreciation in the first 2 or 3 years.