Dubs or subs?

dubs or subs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=X2AOLPAdZdc
youtube.com/watch?v=MxGrqsyVbMU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

wrong board faggot

stupid fuck

Subs 99% of the time. The Cowboy Bebop dub was pretty decent though.

You have a board
They made this board specifically for people like you

trips

kill yourself

It's funny, I enjoy subs on movies but not on anime. A lot of times lots of craziness is happening in anime, like people talking in the background and over each other and you kind of lose something with subs.

Movies, especially Asian ones, tend to be paced better for subs.

Just watch the intro 58 times it gets the point across.

if dubs, I'll stream myself doing it

In general, subs are better. A handful of shows have dubs that are really good (Baccano, for example, but that's mainly because it's set in he USA), but they're pretty rare imo.

Dubs if you're American. One of the few off the top of my head that are objectively better. Unless you're a native speaker of Japanese, dubs in this case. Ghost in the Shell (1995 film) is another I can vouch for dubs on.

And the same goes for pretty much all movies and tv shows originally in a foreign language. Like with the Simpsons, the latino Spanish dub (with Humberto Velez) is god-tier, but the European Spanish one is complete shit.

The films it rippe-I mean was influenced by
The Long Goodbye
Butch Cassidy
Midnight Run
The Killer/Hard Boiled

If I watched it on toonami 10 years ago, then dubs

Otherwise subs

Also, I know this belongs in Sup Forums, but I'll bump it anyway because fuck Sup Forums's autism

No, 100% of the time

but yeah the Bebop dub is alright

Dubs.
Being able to look away from the screen for seconds at a time is such a blessing.

99% of the time, imo there are some dubs that are either legitimately good (Bebop) or just grow on you anyway (Code Geass).

nigger cunt

youtube.com/watch?v=X2AOLPAdZdc

This

Dubs for nostalgia
Subs for newer stuff

Too much subtle shit is lost in translation (less now than was the norm 1-2 decades ago)

is johnny yong bosch really fucking jonathan

I like the guy, I really do, but what a terrible casting

goddammit westerners sound like such pussies

*subs for newer stuff or older shows I didn't see when I was a kid

I agree, his voice doesn't match that character at all.

If it makes you feel any better, I have a hard time telling the gender of east asian voices because they're all so effeminate.

I'm not a weeaboo faggot so I like to actually hear the words in my own language. I don't care if the voice acting is "better" if I can't fucking understand it. Plus if I'm too busy reading subtitles, I will miss everything else visually.

youtube.com/watch?v=MxGrqsyVbMU