DUDE IT'S BORING ON PURPOSE LMAO

DUDE IT'S BORING ON PURPOSE LMAO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gCKhktcbfQM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

DUDE I TIPPED OVER SOME MILK LMAO

too deep for you

What's wrong intrinsically with a movie being boring?
Isn't that the only way to make a realistic war movie, have it long and incredibly boring with a couple moments of pant shitting terror?

>realistic
Movies ain't real.

DUDE HORSES LMAO

Unless the film was years long, then it's already a work of fiction, and if you're trying to make a work of fiction replicate life by it being realistically boring, you're a fucking delusional hypocrite.

DUDE FLOWING WATER LMAO

DUDE IMAGES NOT SYMBOLS LMAO

DUDE JUST WEEDING OUT THE PLEBS

KINO TEST LMAO

DUDE PRESSURE OF TIME LMAO

DUDE MDE IS PURE KINO LMAO

Tarkovsky IS Sup Forums

>DUDE, I TRIED TO WATCH ARTHOUSE OUT OF PEER PRESSURE, LMAO
>I CALL MOVIES WITH FIREFIGHTS KINO ROTFLMAO
Why do you even bother? You're not equipped.

DUDE MY DAD'S POETRY LMAO

This is actually a great theory. It's the very reason why all his shots merge seamlessly together without any feeling like a cut aside from those where it's obviously intentional.

It's also the very reason why all his films are so boring

>Kurosawa, , Kubrick, Lynch, Villenueve, Tarkovsky the list goes on!

The hallmarks of the tasteless and the uninitiated. It's okay if you're just getting into the medium, but there are some (even here, on a so called ''film'' board) that actually believe they are cultured or have a snippet of taste because they like these directors, when in actuality they are nothing more than embarrassing cringeworthy copy/paste babbies with no opinion on the medium they claim to love whatsoever.

For a cinephile like myself, it is truly disgusting to watch, and the main reason I, and many others, steer far away from this pit of despair and depravity.

A little something your speed, champ.
youtube.com/watch?v=gCKhktcbfQM

You can show the pressure of time without being boring.

dude its raining and somethings on fire lmao

DUDE STRAWMAN LMAO

I know you're memeing, butt Kurosawa is actually boring as fuck.

>incredibly boring with a couple moments of pans shitting terror
Das Boot, pure kino.

holy shit i hate tarkvosky and Sup Forums now

But what about Ozu?

>MOVIES WITH FIREFIGHTS
Name 12

I'm not arguing anything though.

Mirror, Mirror, Mirror, Mirror, Mirror, Mirror, Mirror, Mirror, Mirror, Mirror, Mirror, Mirror.

Haven't seen any Ozu yet.

Comrade what if

Put down of vodka and listen

Comrade what if we

Are you listening tovarisch

What if we did filming the rain

Rerberg I am swearing on Rublev's icon I will be fire of your ass

What if we did filming of rain

Inside of building????

>Unless the film was years long, then it's already a work of fiction
What if it's just a snapshot

Then you have no authority to call Kurosawa boring.

DUDE TATAMI SHOTS LMAO

DUDE GRASS LMAO

DUDE SLEAK AND COOL LMAO

Throne of Blood was so fucking boring though.
>DUDE ANCIENT JAPAN LMAO
Period pieces in general suck.

DUDE CHOPPED WHISPERED PLATITUDES OVER CONSTANTLY MOVING WIDE ANGLE STEADICAM SHOTS ACCOMPANIED BY CLASSICAL MUSIC LMAO

Is this real?
Also,
>Bresson
Lmao

benis :D :D :D

DUDE ANTI-INTELLECTUALISM LMAO

>boring
WHy the fuck is this accepted as a critique on Sup Forums? This is fucking tragic.

Why does everything have to be boring but? Why can't some things be fun? This is why kubrick was better, cause you got 2001 and full metal jacket, both different. Tarkovsky, even though I like him, seemed to just want to make all his films slow.

An accepted critique everywhere. The goal of film is to entertain, an audience should be engaged.

this

DUDE DIRECTED BY RIDLEY SCOTT LMAO

>He is a pleb and hates anything original or independent
glorious

So audiences cant be engaged by 'boring' films? Maybe if the audience member actually tries they can get something out of these 'boring' films? Jeanne Dielman, 23 quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles maybe be boring but if you actually try and stick with it, the moment the conflict comes up it can become extremely engaging

DUDE ADHD EXTRACT LMAO

Am I being trolled?

>always hear that Stalker has an amazing direction and photography
>download 1080p movie
>slow ass boring start, but I will persevere
>3 guys talking in an old bar
>you can't fucking tell who is talking what because of the awful positions on the screen, too far from the camera, with one of them showing his back

Dropped.

DUDE, ITS CINEMATIC POETRY

Fuck Ridley Scott. Blade Runner is complete shit, and Legend is only slightly better.
He's only ever had solid visuals.

DUDE I HATE JAMES CAMERON

The audience shouldn't need to wait 50 minutes for the conflict, why do you think Hamlet is always shortened?

Movies should mimic reality and reality is boring most of the time.

What a pretentious asshat.

>The goal of film is to entertain

fucking kek this board is a joke

>Kurosawa is actually boring as fuck.
fucking children, discontinue browsing this board immediately and never share your asinine opinions ever again

They're not boring though. His films are interesting and thought provoking.

on Sup Forums "boring" is completely justifiable criticism

i hate everyone, including myself

>hating on stalker
>saying tarkovsky had bad photography
>boring

jesus PLEBS LEAVE THIS BOARD

>Movies should mimic reality

Yea but the build up can act as tension. Allowing for the actual conflict to become much more engaging and satisfying. Theres a reason for why you never remember some capeshit after 1 day, because it was all action with no prep work

>WHAT CAN'T ME EUROPEAN ART FILMS BE MORE LIKE MY AVENGERS MOVIES

duh

HAHAAHA

ITT: capeshit lovers

gb2 suicide squad fajit

>Shitting on directors, people who try to communicate through the medium of motion picture, when you can't even make proper sentences and arguments

fuck off to your dead shitpost generals, link gorro.

its just shitposters.from /lbg/ threads who are mostly redditors

MFW realizing that The Terminator is a slasher disguised as a sci-fi film

I have seen 3 films by Tarkovsky and i must say i was pleasantly surprised and I didnt find them boring except for some parts of Offret. I liked Andrei Rublev and also Zerkalo.

I'm just shitposting, I haven't actually seen any Tarkovsky. I downloaded Solaris, but it's long as hell and I'm not sure I can handle the constant long takes even in context, I hated 2001 and Under the Skin.

>browsing Sup Forums
>hmm i know Sup Forums mostly consists of monotonous shit but there's usually one or two threads actually discussing film and tv
>first thing i see is this god awful thread

fuck you cunts are retarded, easily one of the shittest boards on Sup Forums, a containment board for all the redditors and confused Sup Forumstards

Lataz

If you are afraid of length of the film try to watch mirror its pretty short.

I feel you, man.

Is that the one with the rotating shot of the door? I'll try to watch it next week.

Is liking tarkovsky a meme or not. I think he makes well meaning movies, but they are honestly pure trash.

I dont know which shot do you mean. Try it its pretty great.

maybe the fact that the people who infest this place consider repeating "for you" and "big guy" for years to be funny should be a hint that it is pointless to discuss anything with them

And you're the sad clown

Is liking bergman a meme or not. I think he makes well meaning movies, but they are honestly pure trash.

I was entertained by every Tarkovsky film.

Films aren't for you if you feel you hate them

>boring
funny how you described yourself

yeah thats mirror
what directors do ya like

>ITT: the moment Americans go to bed the shit opinions disappear

>Did he actually die not knowing he was a hack?

DUDE I FAKED THE MOON LANDING LMAO :D