Are we being lied to /b? Is America really as divided as everyone says...

Are we being lied to /b? Is America really as divided as everyone says? Everyone that I talk to in real life seems to have a normal perspective on most social/political issues, and are mostly ok with the direction the country is headed. Even my Indian immigrant landlord talks about how he likes trump (compares him to Reagan who I guess he liked). I'm beginning to think this "division" is a conspiracy the left and the media are using to push their agenda.

No the division is just what the Right tells their idiot lemmings to explain why everyone laughs in their face when they try to talk politics. "You aren't wrong or an idiot, it's actually that they hate you and are selfish millennials!" and these idiots say oh yeah I don't have to examine my batshit logic anymore, because it is those Liberals who are evil! That's why Blowhard Talk radio is all Conservative. It sells to just tell everyone that it is other people who are the "real" problem. Bunch of idiots get their little brains soothed

your indian immigrant landlord will be deported or dead within three years at the rate things are going

But the left pushes the "we're all so divided" narrative just as much as the right. I feel like they are doing it because nobody cares about race/sexuality anymore so their platform is irrelevant, unless they can claim that half of America is racist and their is continuous violence going on.

No, in all likelihood he won't, and that's just what someone who is part of the conspiracy would say...

We have nazis marching in the street and they're literally being attacked by and attacking communist. Yes, we are divided.
Trump needs to fire Bannon and Gorka

Bullshit! We've got a bunch of retards LARPing in one fucking town... It's gay, and doesn't reflect the mentality of the country to any extent.

Samefagging, but these people have plastic fucking shields/"wacking tools", how is this not being disregarded as autistic bullshit.

Its spread. Look how many alt righ neo nazi marches are planned now. They're marching on Google now.

Because some have knives, metal poles, mace, teasers and did I mention guns?

But how many people is this really? I mean what percentage of the population is actually still violently racist? It it even 3%-4%?

Dumbasses disregarding clubs as weapons.

Yeah, we are divided. No, not as much as you would think from our behavior.

We have a terribly made two-party system so everyone has to pick one of 2 teams to get everything done.

You get republicans who have to defend these freaking psychos just because they don't want to be democrats.

You get democrats who have no idea what the hell their side is supposed to stand for because they just don't want to be associated with these psychos.

Really, 75% of Americans are moderately progressive on most issues, and have one or two issues that trigger them and make them have some sort of extreme or stupid response.

Fair enough, but they still represent a group of autistic retards not average Americans. IDK how people can believe this is a pervasive problem.

I know there is racism here. But in most areas its a non issue or quite subdued. Most people just want to get by and wont fuck if not fucked with.

The racism you see on tv etc, is a political and media construct. Keeps people divided. Brings votes to one or another party. And to those that are entrepreneurial, they can get very rich by running various groups etc. by "fighting" for what you want them to.

Fine, I'll keep in mind that clubs can actually be dangerous... Still, anything short of molotovs and baseball bats seems like playing around. Pepper Spray and Tasers are just fucking retarded.

The percent that would discriminate more if allowed is really high amongst those who vote republican. that's part of the divide.

I'm with you on that OP. I'm straight white male and I work with the public at my job. I never met or over heard any political shit spat on the internet.

Strangely enough people carry on and treat others nice like the world isn't ending tomorrow. So yeah I'm betting that this is just more smoke blowing in from the retarded left.

It's like they want this country to go to hell but they forget we are the magority and they are the minority. And we are doing just fine.

Like just strait up discriminate on race? There statistically significant groups of people who actually want to be able to discriminate based on skin color in things like hiring? I just find this hard to believe... I mean I know that libertarians are pro-racism as a consequence of "full ownership", but they tend to be left leaning.

I've been a lifelong republican since I was able to vote in the 80 election. The daily destruction to the functionality of our country this idiot and his merry band of incompetent wackos is doing is far more dangerous to liberty itself, than North Korean nukes would be or the Patriot Act was. This is a step too far. The Dems fucked up when they gave their nomination to an unelectable Clinton, but the GOP fucked up even worse when it got in bed with Trump and Bannon. This is where I have to get off the bandwagon and fight against it. Congress and Senate will be the last to admit reaching their breaking point, but the cracks are well showing.

As consequences continue to build, I sincerely hope the CIA takes him out before this goes on much longer.

IDK how the GOP landed on Trump... They must have had better options. I mean if they had put up a women candidate... They could have fucking cleaned house, automatic 8 years.

Racist Libertarians vote Republican.

It really has to do with who you surround yourself with. If you don't mind Trump that much then your will probably surround yourself with people who don't mind Trump that much. For example I don't like Trump and everyone I am friends with (save for one person) is very bothered with the direction America is taking.

Sometimes I wonder if all libertarians should vote republican now...

culture isn't our friend. i think we are fucked. nothing to stress over tho. live for happiness

Trump isn't exactly a libertarian

No both he and Hillary are definitely far to the authoritarian end, but trump is an economic libertarian.

No he isnt, just look at the trade deal hes trying to set up with Canada, its just TPP all over again. Hes a corpatist

i don't give a fuck about politics but what is the term used for the philosophy of how trump and his family or whatever gets money? i heard him and his father gain money in an ethical way that tries not to fuck anyone over and etc

>its just TPP all over again.

Well no president is ever even close to true libertarian ideals... I mean I suppose if you don't take Trump's word at face value (which you shouldn't) he is more of a corpatist than a capitalist...

Is this bait? Did I just fall for bait?

Back to the beach summer fag, wrong board

ye ur my lil bitch now. come with me bud

empty post, fuck off, no one cares

He's a economic nationalist.

Everything is a big fucking lie.

but then what is the truth?

No. Most of it simply exists on the internet. Specifically sites like this. All the division stems from this faggot right here...
>Inb4 Ivans start screaming MUH PUTIN

He's a self serving orange fuck is what he is

you make a thread that sounds like you're asking serious question then you say bizarre stuff like this. goodbye.

"left" and "lied to" , pretty sUre you just answered your own question.

No please, come back!!!

The whole fucking country hates Trump. It's really unprecedented hatred for a President. There's been disapproval for Presidents before -- the country now HATES the President. The world hates him even more. Literally the only people who still like him are the Nazis, the idiots, and the enemies of the United States.

Maybe we should impeach him, I mean if there is really unified hatred. I'd vote to impeach him if it came up...

Racism has always existed in America mostly in the south but the media is blowing this shit the fuck up. Gets the hippie jimmys all ruffled so they do shit cnn can film and "report" on.

I agree. If you give communists what they want, they'll definitely go away.

>I SPEAK FOR EVERYONE
>I AM NOT FUCKING STUPID
>DON'T CALL ME A NIGGER

What you experience yourself, with a huge critical mind of course. Fuck the media, fuck your friends stories, fuck your teachers.