Bands that can never reach their peak again

Bands that can never reach their peak again

What peak exactly did they ever reach?

You're right, having one decent song was indeed a huge peak for FTP.

I disagree, while broken jaw is clearly on another level some of their other tracks are still alright

arcade fire

rip in peace

sorry amigo I was trying to be edgy and contrarian.
I actually quite enjoyed that album.

Supermodel was a great album. Hopefully the current album is just some sort writer's block the band went through.

It really sound like they're trying to copy new Maroon 5

ono

MGMT

that being Congratulations, right?

new album was great though...

SHC is in the top 3 songs of their discography

Wilco obviously

What is the appeal of this album? (Honest question)

Any band where the main talent dies and they keep making albums

this

I'm not But yeah

Great songwriting and great production, imo. Like any of the greatest songwriting-focused albums, they manage to extract a lot out of relatively simple chord progressions. What happens in the background is often just as interesting if not more than what's happening in the foreground in a lot of tracks.

Phoenix and Franz Ferdinand

I agree that's their best by far, but I think they can hit that peak again. They're obviously very talented songwriters, it will just take a similar circumstance and environment to the one Congratulations was created in.

Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix had some fucking top notch pop songwriting in it.

Megadeth

Just pretty much every band/artist from that time

As much as I love Metallica, they won't ever reach their peak again

Blur (peak album - 13); they peaked before Gorillaz started (peak album - Demon Days)

Nothing he's done before or after has come close

the peak being Chapel of the Chimes, Knife Play and A Promise

Metallica

Yes
No
Yes
Very wrong

Franz Ferdinand arguably reached their peak twice since their debut, I can see they doing it again desu

Yes but that's not their peak

Yeah, probably. They haven't got much left to prove anyway.

Fabulous Muscles and La Foret are also really good. La Foret may actually be my favorite among those. Don't care for much after that besides Always, but Wondering was really good and gives me hope.

i thought that supermodel was fucking amazing. almost makes torches look weak in comparison. but yeah, sacred hearts club can go fuck off.