What is a mythological creature from your country's folklore other countries might not know about?

What is a mythological creature from your country's folklore other countries might not know about?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.bg/search?q=ламя&client=ms-android-xiaomi&site=webhp&prmd=imvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiOy5HfvsrTAhXoFJoKHfnBAPgQ_AUICSgB&biw=360&bih=564&dpr=3
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:English_legendary_creatures
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ogopogo. It's Canada's Loch Ness Monster.

Well, the one you posted is one.

This thing
Basically, its a naked man playing violin in rivers inside the country
Honestly dont know why it exists

Vem gör de här illustrationerna?

OOps, forgot pic

I thought it was Finnish?

He meant this. It's a monster like a kelpie. It takes the form of a beautiful man who sits in streams and rivers playing a violin. He lures women near him so they will either slip in the stream or so he can otherwise drown them.

The yowie is a bigfoot type creature from southern Queensland

Nisse. Basically small dwarfs who help santa claus bringing out gifts at christmas. They live in the forest or attic and like to tease people

Nope. Swedish yule goat/christmas ram. Comes on christmas eve to give gifts and spread merriment. Why do you think we build it out of straw every year?

>mythological creature

probably syrian refugees from Syria

Mare. It's a female creature who rides on top of you in your sleep which is called a nightmare

Same. Tomte here, sometimes tomtenisse. Sorta merged with the more generic santa claus-inspired single Jultomte for the purpose of giving gifts, but still very big part of christmas and winter in general.

Here's a map.

We have the Big-Lake Beast (big lake or great lake is one of our largest lakes.)

reminds me of Jörmungandr

Fucking sick quads, nigga.

Ogopogo was also a mini-boss from FF4.

Rumpelstielzchen is an evil and angry old dwarf that lives in the woods and wants to seize an entire kingdom's gold

All of them.

Brazilian artists are always trying to push our mythology forward by shoehorning it into games/TV shows and whatnot, and it fails every single time.

It's pretty sad, really. We need to revamp them if we intend them to be marketable. Tolkien-style.

Your picture is even taken from our most famous children's book

Finns like claiming our things though, since they were only introduced to culture (by us) like 200 years ago

nice doubles pattern

>tailypo

>I could be mistaken for any of those humanoids

I don't think there's anything in our culture that people have a deep seated belief in like in other countries due to most mythological creatures being tied to specific places and when you uproot and move those ideas may transplant with the people but they tend to lose a lot of their grounding and become more like curiosities then anything people take seriously.

>Big bird
nice

>Bessie
>Caddy
>Cassie
>Chessie
>Kipsy
>Knobby
>Momo
>Paddler
>Tessie
kek

"Where the white women at?"

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

This nigga right here will spank your naughty ass with a bundle of sticks if you've been misbehaving and if you've been a really annoying little fucker you get stuffed in a burlap sack to be taken away to Spain with St. Nicholas.

We have ghosts, not so much monsters

Only monsters we have are dragons and the vanilla Germanic selection

>mum

I know the name is hilarious but it's supposedly this creature that would eat, maul or torture women ,children, the elderly and animals and walked on either two or four legs and it's roar could be heard from miles.

It somehow got linked to the Sphinx in pic related. The pic related is the memorial of the soldiers that died in the Anglo Afghan war of 1841. It was a reminder of the Victory in Egypt but the Local Baloch tribes tied it with the disappearances. The tale somehow turned into how the mum would take men to it's mountain cave and lick their feet to a pulp to stop them from escaping and copulated with them and that once it kidnapped a British officers who killed it and buried it there.

The locals also said that the other mums had migrated north while it was stuck in the populated area. The memorial was destroyed in protests to the destruction of the Babri Mosque by India as the locals thought it was a Hindu statue.

Fucking Brit bongs

Roggenmuhme(rye demon) a woman living in rye fields stealing little children and lazy maids during noon and evening. She's either snow white or pitch black from fire or iron

We have lamias which aren't snake girls, but dragons that steal your golden apples and shit.
We have samodivi who are essentially wild women that lure men into the forest.
We also have karakondjul, which is essentially a hairy troll thing that spooks children.
Also vampires originate from Bulgaria/Romania, people use to get buried nailed to their coffins in some places long ago.

It is, Swedes however like to claim all our achiements

>tfw no slattepatte gf

>lamias
>not snake girls
Wont change my desire for sexual intercourse with them desu

I hope you're into multiple heads.
google.bg/search?q=ламя&client=ms-android-xiaomi&site=webhp&prmd=imvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiOy5HfvsrTAhXoFJoKHfnBAPgQ_AUICSgB&biw=360&bih=564&dpr=3

Hard working somalians.

Why wouldnt i be?'It just enhances the experience :^)

In Basque mythology, Basajaun (plural: basajaunak) is a huge, hairy hominid dwelling in the woods. They were thought to build megaliths, protect flocks of livestock, and teach skills such as agriculture and ironworking to humans.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:English_legendary_creatures
Educate yourself

All of them.

Iara
>When she felt a man around she would start to sing gently to lure him. Once under the spell of the Iara a man would leave anything to live with her underwater forever, which was not necessarily a bad thing, as she was pretty and would cater for all needs of her lover for the rest of his life.

>it is the ghost of a woman that has been cursed by God for her sins (often said to be as concubinate or fornication with a priest within a church) and condemned to turn into a fire-spewing headless mule, galloping through the countryside from Thursday's sundown to Friday's sunrise.

Nahuelito is an aquatic monster that habits in the Nahuel Huapi Lake, techincally a ripoff of Nessie

The Inuit have some terrific monsters because I guess when you're alone in the snow with your family and it's night time for 23 hours a day during the winter you come up with some messed up shit.

The Qalupalik is a hideous mermaid like creature with very long fingers, green skin, and long greasy black hair all down it's back. It wore the same kind of back cradle Inuit women used to carry their kids. If children ever misbehaved or wandered off it would snatch them and carry them off forever to live in it's dark cold home beneath the ice or it would cook and eat them whole.

Contrary to blood-sucking vampires of slavic folklore, here people believed the corpses of exceptionally violent and sinful people could be possessed by demons (called Nachzehrer, the word can't really be translated but it means as much as feeding afterwards, meaning after death) and would feed of the life energy of the living close to the burial site without leaving their graves. It was to be avoided to look into the eyes of such a corpse before burial or else it would remember you and try to feed on you, causing weakness and illnesses.

Native American Monsters and folklore is creepy as fuck desu

>women have to get BLACKED before it leaves
scandinavia is a strange place

The Trauco is a mythical entity who inhabits the woods of Chiloé, an island in the south of Chile. It has a powerful magnetism that attracts young and middle-aged women. According to myth, the Trauco's wife is the wicked and ugly Fiura. The trauco carries a small stone-headed hatchet that he uses to strike trees in the forest to symbolize his sexual potency.

This sounds like something a bunch of moms and grandmas would come up with in the far past to scare their children from playing on the well

>Don't play near the well, if you fall in no one can save you if you do
>Even the priest can't, ask the priest
>Get the village priest in on it and he agrees to tell the kid he can't do anything
>"But mom I see you near the well all the time getting water"
>"That's because only I can do it because I'm an old wise woman"

There is the same thing in turkish only its called a karabasan with kara meaning black and basan means 'he who pushes'.
It basically is a small blak hairy spirit who sits on a person's chest when he's sleeping.

Here in France, we just have some boring shits like gnome or some weird man scaring children.

But mostly we have wolves, everything is about wolves. We have the Big Bad Wolf, the Red Wolf, the Voirloup (literally watchwolf, it's just a wolf), the Ganipote (just a werewolf from Charentes), the Garaches (basically women werewolves), the Bugul-noz (werewolf again), and all other younameit- werewolves
We have no imagination