Rick and Morty is losing it's touch. Only faggots who bandwagon everything and want to seem cool will defend season 3...

Rick and Morty is losing it's touch. Only faggots who bandwagon everything and want to seem cool will defend season 3. You know it's going to shit when all people yell is "Pickle Rickkkkk", as if that's smart/clever humor. Admit it. It's losing it's touch.

Rick and Morty was never good.

Family Guy-tier entertainment for Idiocracy America.

Throw in a few science jokes that require entry-level knowledge so people can feel smart for watching it.

It was never great. It only had a handful of genuinely good episodes, and only one truly great episode. It's Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

Venture Brothers > Rick and Morty.

you just summed upthe big bang theory as well

Post people who can't write jokes

Exactly

It lost its touch season 2 welcome to the club nigger.

but venture bros has been absolutely unwatchable since the end of season 2.

Theres definitely been a quality drop. Just like GOT a few years ago, most people dont want to nelieve something they love and something theyve invested in and define a part of their personality with is not only subject to change but subject to losing everything that made them like it in the first place. It all ties to humanities great fear of the past, like losing a loved one-- physically its still here, and you know it will be here for the forseeable future, so everythings okay. But yea, the show sucks now ubfortunately.

Still >. And it had two excellent seasons, at that.

>Theres definitely been a quality drop.

How can you go below 0 in terms of quality?

Well worded. People are honestly idiots who deny that the quality isn't the same. I'm hoping I'm wrong and that these are just some slow episodes cause I love the show myself but I'm not going to act like PICKLE RICK is some sort of genius cartoon riding when it's straight garbage.

Guys, there's no quality drop.
All that there is lost is the novelty.
It's not as new to you guys.
It's still a good show in my opinion.

That literally makes no sense at all. Just because something isn't new doesn't mean it should lose the ability to make the crowd appreciate it for what it is. They're either just giving us slow episodes for the time being or on the downward slope to be forgotten very quickly.

>ITT autists reeeeeeeeee over a TV show.
Ok so it sucks. Bitching about it here doesn't improve your situation. Suggest an alternative to get trending, have a nice fidget spin and don't forget to finish your tendies before they get cold.

Someone tell this man rick is our man.
>not hole guy

Pickle meme....
>playing king of the hill.

>I'm enlightened and I don't care who knows! Stinkin' idiots!

I hope you realize the contrarian bandwagon is equally as cringey as the quality drop deniers, but then again I am on the sjw-right breeding ground. The show used to be great. The lows were still funny, and the highs were genius even too genius for its own good. If you look at Rick Potion no 9 and see nothing more than aqua teen hunger force zaniness then ill politely ask you to never offer your opinion on film/TV again. Not only are the characters natural and believable but their dynamics are all so clearly defined without ever having to point them out. You dont reaply see how well this is done until the newest season when the characters and dynamics are like 9th season of spongebob level spelled out to you and 2 dimensional. This also happens with the plotting. Only plotting as funny but delicately structured as they were in the first season could have that shatteringly hilarious ending rick potion has. Compare that to the forced dance party "joke" at the end of last episode, or all of pickle rick. Boring.
You only diminish the show by saying something like this.

Uh. You say novelty isn't a factor at all?
Now that's stupid.

That's like saying you don't get tired of a girlfriend and the spark is the same as it is from day one.

That's like saying listening to the same song over again for an hour doesn't make you tired of it.

I like it because I like the characters now. They're all entertaining to me in a familiar way, like a familiar friend. That's the best analogy I could place it in.

So the honeymoon phase is over; get over it.

Newsflash: some people like TV shows and movies beyond something to throw on in the background while jerking off to cp. Talking about why something is good or bad is fun, your jock level mentality is neither funny, cool, unique, or helpful.

Everything you compared wasn't even in the same context you stupid nigger. This is a show and an art form of comedy you cuck. I'm not rewatching the same episode over and over, I'm seeing new episodes every week from new seasons every few months. I guess that comeback just proves me right about the people who actually think season 3 is just as good. We call people like you idiots.

Except the "novelty" factor you describe usually lasts, if history serves accurate, around 5 seasons. Sunny, Seinfeld, GOT, any show you can think of really peaked around season 4/5 then started to turn down. Different factors for each show but a show only lasting two seasons in not based on novelty loss its based on bad writing. If spongebob could last 3 seasons with good signs of lasting longer had the creator not left, rick and morty sure as hell could do better than that. And regardless, even if a show loses its novelty around season five a goof show can over come it. Curbs best season is 7 despite not feeling "new" like it did.

>losing it's touch.
implies it ever had a touch
shit show is and forever will be shit
get over it.

why do faggots keep spammingthis faggot thread about this shitty show on here constantly?

Lemme guess, breaking bad wasnt that good, the Lost ending was actually good, and Zack Snyder is a genius nobody understands.

Not that user but most of Breaking Bad for complete shit.

>t.v
>any of it good
Biggest loser was the only good thing on t.v but thats just for a wank

This coming from autists trying to validate their opinions on a cartoon designed to be consumed while high. Real deep thinkers in this thread.

I don't think I've ever seen an user make himself look so stupid in my entire life.

Your taste sucks... Just like this shitty show. That's it.

Can you guys suggest something better

Archer

Nobody even knows what that is. It must be shit.

>not acknowledging that the entire function of season 3 so far is to further morty's character development and resentment for rick

I don't know what you're talking about because i've never seen the show.

Why do you know this stuff?
Did marketing decide to draw up a cult following on Sup Forums by using controversy?

It began as a kids show, it ran as a kids show, and it will end as a kids show.

You are a child.

*posting
Anyway, that would be brilliant if that's so.

Yup. First two seasons were glorious, new season I hardly laugh, maybe grunt here and there. Doesn't even get me thinking.

In what way? Or is the contrarian opinion supposed to be enough for me to say "man that guy must be weawy smart"
>its a zany comedy so there cant be anything else good about it besides the fact that its zany
How can you watch at least half the episodes of the show and say this even slightly seriously.
Well said. Im cornered.

All of those shows had completely different paths to becoming widely popular, though. None of the shows you mentioned had an incredibly well received, strong first season.

Wait wut. There was no typo. Eh.

>being this salty over something you don't even know
You sure are a badass kid.

>rick and morty is dumb and for normies to watch high
>likes the most normie, stupid, substance-less show on air
Onlt person ive ever met who likes Archer past the first season was my frat cousin and his buddies.

You niggas really gonna sit here and say noob noob wasnt funny af

Explain. All anyone in this thread has done is bitch about how "it's just not the same anymore guys"

Fucking tell me why you think so.

You're just mad cause they keep pointing subtle fingers at (((them)))

>i dont have any friends, but my cousin does and also likes archer

Good for you. Trying to impress your mom? Keep up with your "good" underground show.

Thats exactly why it sucks. Like look at last episode, they hit the nail on the head so fucking hard and one note. I get it, morty doesnt like rick and doesnt think he cares about him *fast forward to end of episode*, oh shit, morty doesnt like rick and doesnt think he cares aboht him? Genius. They used to have a believable, mercurial relationship that changed and revealed its layers throughout their adventures, through different choices, consequences, and devices. Now its just the kids show it always teatered on being except it thinks its being more adult than ever. Strangley, the same thing happened to community.

Or that Israel wasnt funny as fuck?

It's a good-a show

When was the relationship ever more than hijinks? Their relationship was never an actual relationship

Man, kneejerk contrarianism out of a perceived need to prove oneself not a normie is getting so played out that it may actually be less normie to unironically enjoy media now.

What a time to be alive.

Yea, the guy that made the first two seasons of community and produced charlie kaufmans newest film just wanted to make a shitty kids show with nothing more to it than that. How can you watch Rick potion 9 or auto erotic assimilation or the end of season 2 and even begin to believe you have any idea what you are talking about.

S3' biggest problem is dropping Jerry and Beth. There are no b-plot to cut back to anymore so you quickly get bored of the a-plot. Also i think they are out of odeas after pulling a 'lol jk' about the ending of S2

What a fucking time to be alive

It's a stupid cartoon, for stupid manchildren.

the newes episode was okay but not too funny either.
the april 1st episode was one of the best but the other two from season 3 were boring and nothing like the first two seasons.

shouldn't have changed the entire writing crew

Give up all your masks, stop trying to be someone and just be. If you enjoy something, cool. If you don't, cool. You don't have to prove why something is good to enjoy it, and you don't have to prove something is bad if you don't enjoy it. It's also possible to enjoy bad things, believe it or not.

Just exist for yourself for a while.

All of those shows had an incredibly well recieved first season, just not the viewership right away. Regardless, it changes nothing, Rick and Mortys drop off is faster than any show ive ever seen. Lost had the popularity and the ratings, and again season 5 is when the novelty ends and quality takes over, quality it failes to maintain. Rick and morty didnt lose its novelty it jumped off a cliff.

>hurr durr muh children's cartoon
Grow up.

How the fuck do you miss that relationship? All it ever was was Beth being a whore, Jerry constantly doing shit to save her and their relationship (therapy episode, kronenberg earth), and beth going right back to being a whore

Im the one saying the new season sucks... and never once thought it was underground. Everyone i know was telling me to watch it.
>only the stupidest person i know watches archer

I've never watched it but it seems like only geeks are into these kinds of shows.

What lame ass man-virgin gets super into watching a fucking cartoon.
How's that ever gonna get any good pussy smh

No, it was about the hijinks revealing and deepening their relationship. Look at rick potion 9 and tell me the ending doesnt leave you with a significantly more complex view of the way Ricks presence in Mortys life effects him than any intellectual postering of the new season. Now morty walks around like hes just had it with rick, but the episode tells us that in the beginning and leaves it at that. I took what felt like a real naturally unhealthy relationship and is pretending to "explore" that relationship by turning it into episode by episode beats for some kind of shitty arc. It sucks.

True, but it puts the fun and outlandish sci fi stuff in a more stark contrast when we see that there are normal people involved in it. Take last episode for example, no b plot to cut away to si its just a string of increasingly zany saw-traps killing a equaly zany cast we just met. And then Beth pops in for 2seconds at the end.

Compare that to putting Jerry in the daycare and having an adventure elsewere. That way you can cut back and let the viewer relax and get what just happend, build suspense ablut what will happen while providing some easy cheap jabs att Jerry beeing a cuck.
Its just good practice in comedy

I definitely feel like there has been a quality drop this season.
I do think the first two seasons were pretty brilliant though. Definitely the most original animation thats been out for a while. But personally i really like the style of humor.

In terms of season 3, i feel like episode one was still really good.
"Pickle Rick" was stretching it. It definitely had its moments, but the moment i realised the whole episode was about rick turning himself into a pickle, made me cringe a little bit. That kind of humor is a little bit idiotic.

The last episode though.. The saw rip off.. Had some moments, but i would go as far as to say that it was the most disappointing episode yet... Cant put my finger on it, but the whole episode just seemed kind of meh... I do hope it picks up. I actually really like the show.

That insane viewership in the first season is exactly what I was talking about. If their drop off is faster than any show you've ever seen you are almost certainly under 20 years old. They have hardly lost any popularity. I literally had to choose which of multiple viewing parties to go to, and there were public gatherings and events for it. Whether you enjoy the show or not it's still a successful show, regardless of how you feel about the season. The only homogenous problem the fanbase ever had was the long wait for season 3.

Beth is a character with daddy issues. Are you surprised they also portray her that way?

so far season 3 has been all about developing morty's resentment for rick's detachment from reality/consequences

>4 episodes in
>2 episodes were amazing
>2 episodes were average

Way to early too cry about the quality of the season chump.

No i hate beth the most tbqh. I want her to be thrown into a star never to be heard from again

Holy shit the Sup Forumstard nice guy version of the relationship... so funny. I always viewed it as beth being hitched to this wet sandwich of a man and just not having the heart to cut him away for good. But i suppose its always beth being a whore and the noble jerry doing everything in his power to save the relationship... yea, no.

terrible bait

It's only, what, 2 episodes into the season? Shut the fuck up

Who the fuck is talking about viewership here? The fuck kind of strawman is that? I thought you were saying something about its popularity as some kind of point but your point was... it hasnt lost popularity... what? Also, "you must be age" cliche. Yawn.

4 episodes. 3 of them were significantly worse than anything before. naturally people will say shit you fucking idiot

Nah dude jerry is most def a huge pussy amd i hate chris parnell know because all i can hear in his voice is vagina. But beth is a cunt and thats what i hate. That this total cunt is being passed off as some empowered superheroine. It took us 2 fucking seasons to get the divorce we knew was gonna happen at s1e2. And then when it happens, cue gross quasiincestual between beth and RICKKKKK, pickle or otherwise.

Holy hell batman checked

I swear I'm not even baiting

Maybe I'm missing out on the greatest thing ever and but I don't have time to watch cartoons as a grown ass man.

Imagine a hot bitch finding out you watch family Guy/American Dad or play Vidya during all your free time

S3e1 was great, i really liked s3e4 too

>high viewership = high satisfaction rate
okay

e01 was probably one of the best of all episodes cross seasons

e04 was better than 02 and 03 but still lacking imho.

please by all mean stop watching

not gonna bite, sorry

It feels less dense. Like we waited 2 years and instead of every scene being jam packed with jokes like in season 1, we have drunk rick talking about israel. I feel you homie.

For sure

At least care to point out a reason or two I'm wrong?

It's only bait if u get mad bro

Sorry to break the bad news but you're not a Rick. You're haven't evolved beyond the show and the show hasn't digressed 1 bit from it's course. From day 1 this has been about Morty, despite Rick's name coming first in the title. Everything from Morty's lack of love life to his family constantly splintering and reforming is solely to move the narrative of Morty growing via some very hard learned lessons via his adventures with rick. This has not changed. You've made the mistake of focusing too much on the pablum of the jokes. That's your failing, not the show.

>*autistic PICKLE RICK chanting in the distance*

Since when is she being passed off as an empowered superhuman? You have some deep seeded woman hate my friend, her character is portrayed as cuntish in the exact same way jerry is portrayed as a pussy, and just as pathetic. Her constant self doubt and things like her date with Mr Meeseeks are as far from empowering as you can get.

Heeeeyyyyy Pickle Ricckkkkkkkkk

it's bait if it's willfully written in a way to make people mad. it's terrible bait if it's this obvious.

if you're actually serious: there are more things to life than fucking everything that breathes. you do you, though.

Hahaha okay man idt we're watching the same show

much less comedy just random gore. yeah. it's just not funny anymore. can be cool but the comedy is gone

Of course its changed. For the nth time compare rick potion number 9 to anything from this season. In terms of believavility, characterization, comedy, themes, drama, and tone its in another fucking dimension, literally.

>"insert thing that was good" was never good
>i'm so smart
>Sup Forums was never good
>food was never good
>cartoons were never good
>coca cola was never good
>rick and morty was never good
Now you go! Continue the chain!
You look like a retard saying it.

Either explain yourself or keep embarrassing yourself. So far you arent doing the former.

>good was never good
do I win?