Any thoughts of Illinois Senate Resolution SR0794? Seems a bit vague and open for abuse if passed in current form...

Any thoughts of Illinois Senate Resolution SR0794? Seems a bit vague and open for abuse if passed in current form. Am I alone in that?

Other urls found in this thread:

ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=10000SR0794&SessionID=91&GA=100&DocTypeID=SR&DocNum=0794&print=true
wiltshire.police.uk/horizon/horizon-crime-types/1276-crime-type-hate-crime.
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=10000SR0794&SessionID=91&GA=100&DocTypeID=SR&DocNum=0794&print=true

Designating them as terrorist groups? I'm not opposed to that.

antifa and blm are terrorist groups, not seeing them in this legislation. hmm....

Petty ridiculous given that you could apply the same resolution to muslims but of course they never would use the same logic

here's my problem though:

>RESOLVED, BY THE SENATE OF THE ONE HUNDREDTH GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE STATE OF ILLINOIS, that we strongly denounce and oppose the totalitarian impulses, violent terrorism, xenophobic biases, and bigoted ideologies that are promoted by white nationalists and neo-Nazis

only one of those can be considered terrorist

OP here

My concern is that this seems to be a designation for terrorism for a specific political ideology, not for specific crimes. I'm not a neo-nazi, but I am a conservative with views that do not match those of SJWs, media, or current Republican establishment. Given that alt-right is directly mentioned in the resolution, it seems like it wouldn't be too hard to use that fairly loose term that to label people as terrorists for being organized in conservative political groups that don't have "acceptable" views.

TL:DR - Slippery slope

Support us!

No mention of Pepe in there. SAD!!! FAKE NEWS!!!

Please explain how designating a group as terrorist based on political ideology (a ripe area to grow terrorism) is fundamentally different than designating a group as terrorist based on religious ideology (a ripe area to grow terrorism).
TL:DR If you want to target Muslims the Nazi's gotta go as well unless your ideology is based on hypocrisy.

you're fighting for this guy

It's pretty inconsequential, they're encouraging law enforcement to go after violent (already illegal) activity. It's just bullshit feel-good legislation that they can bring up to their voters later

Its a matter of free speech. While I do not agree with what Nazis or other extremists say, they have the right to voice their opinion peacefully without fear of government retribution. Its illegal if there is a call to violence, or to commit other crimes, and that should be sufficient. Bigotry and xenophobia may be unseemly, but they are not illegal. I'm just wondering how hard it would be for some crusading bureaucrat to use this as probable cause to start harassing "dissenting" views with searches/seizures (civil forfeiture) and interrogations.

How many kills?

Kinda awkward when a government has to disagree formally with its own constituents.

If that idiot in the car hadn't killed 1 person with it, just injured them, would that really make much of a difference as to the severity of it all? Antifa has beaten people to the point of hospitalization, without provocation, but they're better cause the chick that took a bike lock to the head didn't die?

Absolutely.

Don't know why a Nazi would let a Muslim take cover behind him. Targeting is easy, accuracy is all in the pull.

bye bye freedoms, goodbye america #marshalllaw

The land of Obama and Emanuel? Vague, abusive, and filled with racial hatred?

No, never.

i hate nazis and i hate white supremacists, but if The Government is going to silence those people, then fuck The Government. the first amendment is there for a reason, people.

nazi

the fuck is this europe?

i bet you're a looker yourself. atleast she's seen daylight in the last month

breitbart much?

yeah when the freedom of speech falls its only a matter of time before the others fall, I think its insane to say " i support free speech . . . unless its hate speech" ffs just ignore what you dont want to hear

Reminds me of wiltshire.police.uk/horizon/horizon-crime-types/1276-crime-type-hate-crime. I think there is even a tv show about that department.

Straight out the GOOLAG: "The U.S. Code of Federal Regulations defines terrorism as "the unlawful use of force and violence against persons or property to intimidate or coerce a government, the civilian population, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives" (28 C.F.R. Section 0.85)."

Sounds more like Antifa than current Neo Nazis, and it doesn't say you can't talk about those extreme views... Illinois has always been fucked up.

4edgy5me
watch out now, we got real badass over here

nah, just bored. Trollin' this thread a little bit. Too slow though. Wasn't as funny after I sobered up a little, *shrug*, oh well.

Bump for free speech!

Will that keep Milo out of Illinois? Probably save millions in the safe space money. God knows those libtards need help saving money.

The only thing we should hate is hate, the only thing we should not tolerate is intolerance.
"Theparadox of tolerance, first described byKarl Popperin 1945, is adecision theoryparadox. The paradox states that if a society istolerantwithout limit, their ability to be tolerant will eventually be seized or destroyed by the intolerant. Popper came to the seemingly paradoxical conclusion that in order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance."

We are not tolerant without limit, there are times when speech isn't free, but that speech is connected to specific violence or crime. Nazi kills someone, or orders a death, then I have a problem and current law has a solution.

Should whole political ideologies be subject to government regulation? Alt RIght is a loose term for the government to be throwing around in legislation.

Goodbye racial jokes. We'll miss ya.

I agree with the lose terms being insufficient. But my comment was in context to the guy I replied to not the OP.

Then BLM should be too.