Why is it so common for women to not have seen so many classic movies?

Why is it so common for women to not have seen so many classic movies?

Because they're plebs

>the guy
Why does Patrick refer to himself as "the guy"?

You know how your mom never knows the right name for anything.

movies my girlfriend didnt see that I introduced to her and she enjoyed

>lord of the rings trilogy
>original star wars trilogy
>chris nolan batman trilogy
>the departed
>goodfellas
>shawshank redemption
>pulp fiction
>reservour dogs
>silence of the lambs
>the matrix
>the thing
>alien

I could go on

You could go back to redit

Oh. So your the couple who likes mainstream movies because iit scores brownie points with Normie's. You're the toppest of plebs.

>movies my girlfriend didnt see that I introduced her to and she pretended to enjoy

FTFY

All shitty movies. Wow, she was dating a major pleb.

>dating a plebeian piece of skirt

Women are just incapable of analyzing anything on a deeper level.

If it offers entertainment, then it's good, that's pretty much their thought process.

Tried to show my ex-gf The Thing. She didn't even get past the Norwegian Camp. Ex for a reason.

Current GF: Likes The Thing, thought You're Next was better.

*cringes*. literally white men: the movie. seriously, is there one black person or female lead that isn't the girl elf or the girl who stabs the guy in the face? go on, ill wait

*sighs* literally an 8 year olds favorite set of movies. When my dad was growing up, the 11 year olds would make fun of the little kids for liking star wars and you were a nerd if you liked it.

LOL. Cringe inducing dialogue, shitty fights, plot holes big enough to drive a truck through, and christian bales god awful voice

>the departed
the original is better

>goodfellas
meme flick. god father is superior

>shawshank redemption
pleb tastte

>pulp fiction
quentin tarintino, that is all

>reservour dogs
quentin tarintino, that is all

>silence of the lambs
meme pleb tier

>the matrix
generic mainstream blockbuster number 96616

>the thing
literally the only solid movie on the list

>alien
aliens is better

>is there one black person
The orcs

Shoulda shown her your peanus weanus XD

lol my gf has probably never seen any of those. the only ones her parents ever took her to see are stupid family blockbusters.

this mustve taken a while to type out, here's a (you) on the house

Because they only go to the movies when someone else is paying for it.

Introduce her to this IRL

>muh deep kinos

Is the easiest way to identify a completely superficial faggot. Women don't care about your stupid fucking cartoons because they have far more important concerns.

Cinemas show classics these days?

I wouldnt have ever seen a stanely kubric film if it wasn't for my gf, please keep the sexism off of Sup Forums

>showed her nothing but flicks

Good for you.

most women care more about the social aspect of watching movies together

being a film nerd doesn't bring the boys to the yard

kubric is a hack and your gf is probably an uggo

movies
films
films
>the departed
film
>goodfellas
movie
>shawshank redemption
movie
>pulp fiction
flick
>reservour dogs
flick
>silence of the lambs
movie
>the matrix
movie
>the thing
movie
>alien
flick

>kubric

>girls are so stupid!
>gee, I wonder why no smart girls hang out with me

Interesting women wouldn't hang out with people that believe the stereotipes shown in this thread.
The joke tells itself.

flicks
flicks
flicks
>the departed
flick
>goodfellas
movie
>shawshank redemption
flick
>pulp fiction
flick
>reservour dogs
flick
>silence of the lambs
movie
>the matrix
flick
>the thing
movie
>alien
film

Do you ever go home and think to yourself, "I could put a noose around my neck and make the world a much better place"?

I have a gf who is into anime. All we do is watch shity anime instead of movies. I remember one where two sisters were tryng to sleep with their brother. And another one was where the step sister was possessed by a ghost who needed to sleep with the girls brother in order to go to heaven.

>Showed gf Evil Dead 2
>she fucking hated it
I'm considering dumping her

Wtf

It's so charming though

You should definitely dump her

Ex gf: huge collection of pirated and original movies, used to skip lessons together and watch movies (horror and cartoons) all day, argued if actresses/actors were hot or not, knew stuff about specific areas of filmmaking, made me know many movies I didn't know previously.

Current gf: absolutely fucking clueless about kino, only want to watch movies once in a while, doesn't watch horrors, doesn't like action, asks me to pick movies and gets mad if she doesn't like it (huge argument about The Colour of Pomegrenates which I chose only because she said "I don't mind, let's watch whatever), doesn't like if I say an actress is hot.

Conclusion: some girls are cool but life is unfair.

My sister never watched the Matrix until she started dating her current bf. I wanted to smack her for both of us tbqh.

I bet you're great at parties.

Why didn't she like it?

Jesus christ, baiting is meant to make someone angry. Not depressed at how bad you are at it and how much effort you put unto it

>aliens is better than alien

Pleb detected, opinion discarded.

>asks me to pick movies and gets mad if she doesn't like it (huge argument about The Colour of Pomegrenates which I chose only because she said "I don't mind, let's watch whatever)
Empirical proof that autism doesn't necessarily stop you from getting a gf

T-thanks

>your stupid fucking cartoons because they have far more important concerns.

I spoted the woman on Sup Forums

t. Female

I think is KissxSis

Or something like that

yea that's it

You didn't tell her it was a horror movie did you?

Maybe it's because everyone on 4chins is a 6'4" attractive (but shy) patrician that only gets hot but superficial girls?

Maybe if people here were ugly or average they would get to know the more nerdy, kino oriented girls and wouldn't complain.

I have only one female friend and she tells her boyfriend she hasn't seen movies we've watched together all the time.

It's a cute act. A tactic.

>And another one was where the step sister was possessed by a ghost who needed to sleep with the girls brother in order to go to heaven.
ImoCho, a classic.
I'd fuck your gf, where did you find her?

Now I don't use this at all, but go back to Plebbit

What the fuck do women do of their free time?

Because they're too busy getting laid.

You should date children. They love Looney Tunes cartoons

/soc/ skype thread

They watch pointless tv shows that are forgotten the moment they end. Being a woman is such a pointless life

All these people bashing on this guy while most of these are literally movies most people would awe you haven't see. Yes they are commercial, mainstream movies, but they are not that bad, plus widely watched

For me it's the gurl saying "What?! You've never seen (pleb movie)?!"

this.

6/10 you tried

That is.nlt a real gf, senpai.

We started talking and found out we live in the same city. We set a date and it went from there to now where we live together in my house

>gets gf from Sup Forums
>complains because she's a weeb

Shut up dude

Oh hi r9k

Well when she said she watched a lot of tv I assumed it meant tv and not some little kid shows

My current girlfriend got so upset by Todd Solond's Happiness she left and went home.

lol.

Kek, is she ugly as fuck?

>married a cunt
>guys I'm le oldfag I know better

>and she enjoyed
Well meme'd.

need more details on your ex tbqh

Lel, a lot of men know womans very well, user.

Not only /r9k/

average I guess. She has a nice body, like real nice, comfy even

How long together?

Like 6 months?

Almost two years

Go home tumblr

I don't know, what do you want to know? We met in middle school and stayed togheter until the second year of university, we liked the same things because we grew up together I guess, her dad is a huge autist (he drives trains and can operate and fix any vehicle) who maniacally collects movies in any format so that's where we got our movies when we were young, in high school we used to play VHS's of old erotic movies and get drunk when her parents left for holidays, it was fun times user.

Kek, nice romantic story.

You are not alone, good luck with your relationship.

Beyond was the first Star Trek thing I've seen in its entirety other than Plinkett reviews

-guy

>Kek, nice romantic story.

well she thinks it's pathetic, but what does she know. If it wasn't for me she would still live with her parents and post her tits on /soc/ for (you)'s

>High school
>Hanging out with friends
>One of them is a girl (let's call her "Kate")
>Most of me and Kate's film-related interactions amount to Kate acting as if all movies made before the late 1990's were obscure films that only diehard film connoiseurs know.
>Not even truly low-profile stuff, big hits like Alien and Back to the Future
>At one point becomes so incensed when I reference the Twilight Zone and offhandedly mention it's a pretty famous shows she goes around class polling people on whether they've ever heard of it.
>At another point when we're talking about planes or something and I mention stalling she keeps hammering I only know about it because it happened in one of the Iron Man movies
>Thought Sherlock Holmes was a real person and that the RDJ movies were a cinebiography.

Kate was not a bright girl.

>well she thinks it's pathetic

Sounds like a keeper.

damn user, you made me miss your past

Weak.
I at least got an ex as far as Mizoguchi.

Applies to me as well. Even worse with music since I don't use TV or radio.

>matrix, alien, shawshank
>shitty

This contrarianism

I force my girlfriend to watch a lot of really complicated art house films and enjoy watching her lie when she says she understands them.

>watching art house

The shig is real

>watch the man with no name trilogy with gf
>she hates it because "nothing even happened"
>broke up with her

Only to watch her squirm to try and explain the plot

>art house
>plot

Hmm...

I make a lot of girlfriend themed threads on Sup Forums and enjoy watching posters lie about having one.

The type of media men and women consume is very different, this is what I'm finding out from the relationships I've had thus far. Women look for entirely different things. Almost every single time I make a reference to something, my gf doesn't get it, and sometimes she makes references to extremely mainstream content that I don't get because I'm a pretentious twat. So it's hard for one single person to have knowledge of everything.

It's also the same way with music, I'll often talk about lyrics and the artists and why I like an specific sentence or what it means to me and she pretty much just listens to what she thinks sounds good, and sometimes doesn't even really understand what they're talking about.

Basically, women care less.

Fuck this shit, plebs are all inclusive
I'm female and my bf hasn't watched shit. I tried to show him a kind of basic entry-level film (Adaptation) and he could hardly sit through it without whining the whole time.

lol its always off by a couple letters

Women only like things that are new.

That really is it. Entire industries are founded on women buying things because they're new, not because they're particularly good. Aging terrifies them, too.

Watching an old film is a waste of time because it is old and that means it's bad.

Not even worth a proper (you)

lol like it takes effort for a woman. more like "spreading their legs to the closest available customer"

>try to show gf eraserhead
>first thing she says is oh its black and white in a disappointed way
>she makes me turn it off 10 minutes in
fucking women
>makes me watch some generic comedy about a dude who lies to his gf about being a loser and pays a dude to be his friend and they actually become friends and pretend to like it

>far more important concerns
like which outfit to wear and which chad cock to suck first?

>show he rMaster and Commander
>she says she doesn't understand it