DISNEY WARS ON SUICIDE WATCH

youtube.com/watch?v=vT7vD8uAGEQ

It is so amazing how well this opening scene of Episode 3 has aged so well.

All the CGI ships look so realistic.

>inb4 people bring up the CGI of AoTC
Yes that hasn't aged as well but then Lucas was one of the first to make a film with lots of CGI and he sure improved when it came to Episode 3.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lyp_fkz80eM
youtube.com/watch?v=bYWAHuFbLoc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Another happy landing

Disney is on suicide watch after releasing a massively successful film both financially and critically?

What is your logic here?

No one cares about how good the ships may or may not have looked in the prequels, because the space scenes were completely meaningless. There's nothing memorable about that clip you've posted. It's empty filler in a bad movie.

Whatever you say: Lucas poured his sweat and tears into the prequel trilogy, making it very special and very memorable compared to JJ who rushed Force Awakens, has no first act, cut out a lot of important scenes and made Rey too powerful.

If only Lucas had another director by his side to help him with Christenson's acting to polish it up.

Thanks for the insightful post Saganfan1984

He should have poured his gas tank onto the film and then lit it on fire.

>Yes that hasn't aged as well but then Lucas was one of the first to make a film with lots of CGI

That's not an excuse. If CGI isn't good enough yet then CGI isn't good enough yet - so don't fucking use it.

>There's nothing memorable about that clip you've posted. It's empty filler in a bad movie.

This, the prequels have so much memorable stuff while TFA has nothing to offer

What's with the sudden constant posting of this scene from Star Wars 3?

Yeah, it's bait that someone doesn't like the prequels. That is the only logical explanation.

>
>This, the prequels have so much memorable stuff while TFA has nothing to offer

I'd beg to differ. I can remember nothing about the prequels other than robot guys fighting squid people on a lush grassy plane. And the pod racing scene (mainly because of the arcade game that came out after). That's literally it.

However with all that said, I've only seen the prequels once (when they were out in theatres)

them ps2 graphics sure are memorable

kek

At least TFA 'feels' like it has continuity with the original trilogy. The prequels feel like they're from a totally unrelated film series.

>However with all that said, I've only seen the prequels once (when they were out in theatres)
well then rewatch them

The fedoration ship designs are so good and look so realistic on film (yes TPM was shot on film if I am correct and these ships were practical not CGI)

being memorable for the room tier lines isn't a good thing user.

>Anakin getting rekt
we'll never see anything close to this type of character development with rey, or even realistic storytelling (in a fucking sci fi). disney is turning star wars into naruto tier shit

TFA at least had a sense of adventure.

The only prequel movie that had a little bit of that was TPM and it was still shit.

Well fuck you too

>At least TFA 'feels' like it has continuity with the original trilogy.

>Leia not learning the force even though Luke said she is gifted with it
>Han going back to smuggling when he gave that up in ROTJ
>Empire suddenly having a new powerful weapon and army when all the sith and empire were defeated
>lightsabers can now suddenly give people visions of the past
Just how is TFA a "continuity" of the original trilogy?

This was such a memorable cinematic moment

>>lightsabers can now suddenly give people visions of the past
A lightsaber that was pretty much lost in a bottomless pit of a planet.

The fuck does this comment even mean?

So because a lightsaber was dropped to the bottom of a planet... it can suddenly show people visions of the past? What JJ logic is this?

I have to hand it to Disney though, they're really trying their best to make the EU look coherent and well written

JJ pls go and stay go

"what I wanted to happen didn't happen" aren't continuity errors.

Leia not learning the Force is not only speculation on your part, but also a perfectly valid choice if she valued being a leader more.

Han going back to smuggling is completely in line with his character. Him trying to be a good guy only to screw it up and revert back to the comfortable life of a rogue is what defines him.

The Empire was never "defeated". They blew up a death star and killed the Emperor. There were still vast remnants of planets, soldiers, scientists, and engineers loyal to the glorious Empire who survived after ROTJ.

>lightsabers can now suddenly give people visions of the past

As opposed to a cave? Why WOULDN'T a lightsaber be able to give a Force user a glimpse of the past? It is literally the tool of a Force-user.

I said 'feels' like a continuity of the original. Which I meant in the asthetic sense. Like the style and look of it. You could watch it near seamlessly after the original trilogy and it would fit. It wouldn't appear as different as the prequels.

I completely agree about all the dumb plot points you mention.

>poured his sweat and tears

Behave yourself
He literally and figuratively did fuck all during the filming

I think he was agreeing with you, but you're too retarded to notice.

but then actual continuity immersion would be completely lacking and you'd find yourself watching a glib facsimile.

...seriously? I was adding to that comment that the lightsaber Luke lost was no big deal and they made it that way for no reason. It was fucking lost in a planet that has no land, with no way to find the damn thing since it was so fucking small.

youtube.com/watch?v=bYWAHuFbLoc

>Leia not learning the force even though Luke said she is gifted with it
The Force isn't only about doing backflips.

>Empire suddenly having a new powerful weapon and army when all the sith and empire were defeated
This is where they actually fucked up though, the whole government/world situation doesn't make any sense unless you read several of the new novels and guidebooks.

sorry I thought you were being sarcastic. I am an idiot sorry I misread your comment and didn't realize you were on my side.

:(

>ITT: Saganfan1983 continues his autistic prequels damage control

The cave where Yoda killed a dark Jedi. The lightsaber giving her a vision was fucking retarded

>this is the reading comprehension and mental capacity of prequel apologists
I can't say that I'm surprised

the death star 2 didn't contain the entire empire guys. it makes sense for there to be a remnant faction of diehards remaining at the end.

Should have put more sweat in hiring some good writers then.

The intro to revenge is probably the best thing to come out of any star wars

>The cave where Yoda killed a dark Jedi

What part of the movies was that in? I seem to not remember it.

>Don't call me a trektard
>Is literally retarded seeing as he trained for the special Olympics at the San Franciso Jewish Community Center
He's the best autist since CWC

if by continuity you mean recycling the same sets and props from the 70s sure

>if by continuity you mean recycling the same sets and props from the 70s sure

Yes I do.

I don't see how. Lightsabers aren't just crude tool, there's a connection with the Force user who builds it. And the crystals that power that blade are attuned to the Force.

It's a stupid complaint, dude.

I like him even more than Chris, the shit he imagines cracks me up.

I remember checking out a thread in sd.net where Wong and others discussed No Country for Old Men and how they thought it sucked.

It convinced me that all prequelfags deserve to be gassed.

No wonder it's good -- It's so dense!

I hate you fucking faggot kids with you new star wars. Fuck you all.

If this were Luke's green asber I would be inclined to agree with you.

But this was Luke's shitty hand-me down. It shouldn't have shown her anything other than this scene.

Can't wait until that Orion Crisis video about how the X-Wing ruined his life he's making

I don't even like the new Star Wars all that much. Your argument is just stupid. Deal with it.

It's incredible how well he fits the stereotype.
>whiny voice
>ultradetailed explanations for moot points or tangents
>barely knows the way humans talk
>cringey

I may not like what Disney has been doing with Star Wars right now but if they reintroduce Mara Jade, I could be turned.

>i want more rehashes
you must like cod and capeshit too

luke's shitty hand me down experienced more than the green one though.

I'm legit more hype for it than I am any film coming out in the next year.

They're just awful.

>ellen ripley

Think he's gay too?

>ellen ripley

wtf

This really makes me think about having children myself. If my son was this autistic and retarded I think I wouldn't be able to handle it either.

>empty filler
>bad movie
TFA in a nutshell

The Dark Side Cave, also known as the Cave of Evil, was a cave on Dagobah containing a powerful dark side nexus.

Lukes lightsaber was just lukes lightsaber.

Why does he think that Chuck Norris and Ripley are animated characters? And Morlocks. The other ones I can at least somewhat understand but... And does he think Mr. Plinkett is a real person?

The book sounds amazing as well with the Kirk fanboy MC and his futa waifu
>Steevi is the shirtless effeminate Eloi boy whom Trenton McKirk befriends and takes under his wing
>Steevi likes to wrap towels around his chest to calm his nerves in nervous situations

And like I said, lightsabers are not just crude tools. They are attuned the the Force. The connection between user and saber is explored countless times in the novels and in TCW as well.

Morning, reddit.

>Steevi likes to wrap towels around his chest to calm his nerves in nervous situations

Refn?

It's out of date now

First of all, the lightsaber disappeared into an abyss in space. to have it be recovered by a yoda ripoff is just cheap storytelling

yes, it makes sense for anakin's saber to have a strong connection to the force. but for it to unleash a fury of anime flashbacks to some random girl is stupid. if there had at least been an explanation of any substance instead of "story for another day lol" then maybe it wouldn't have been so retarded

you are ok with whatever fanfic bullshit gets thrown into a story that was actually well crafted with passion, because you don't even like star wars, as you claim yourself. that's the main problem: most of you faggots don't even like star wars, or pretend not to. please don't buy tickets to star wars and keep your pleb brains busy with marvel instead. not that it matters because it's too late for this world to have any real star wars again

>I have an heated, ongoing internet rivalry with another website. This doesn't mean I'm a complete fucking loser, it actually means I win the argument!

He just copied a template off someone else and didn't bother to change the words

>At least TFA 'feels' like it has continuity with the original trilogy.

No. TFA just reboots the whole thing and pretty much neglects any progress made within the OT. They got the original actors and that's about it, there's no sense of continuity as everyone is back to square one.

>critically successful

An absolute travesty. The critics were being babies about the fucking prequels and about this one not being directed by Lucas. The entire reason it was rated so highly was literally nothing more than a big mean spirited symbolic "f you" to Lucas. The film can't be adequately critiqued in the environment it was released. Wait a few years and you'll finally see what the critics really thought of it. Don't expect them to be kind. History won't remember it well

No ones getting fucking visions like that when they pick up other peoples lighsabers not luke not anakin not obiwan. Only rey in that shit movie.

>why did we land on the other side of the planet?
now post the ones with the terribly dated grassland effects

V = IV > VII > VI > dogshit > III = I > II

>First of all, the lightsaber disappeared into an abyss in space. to have it be recovered by a yoda ripoff is just cheap storytelling

Sure, I'm just arguing about the nature of the vision. The lightsaber being there at all is stupid. Not a continuity error though.

>you are ok with whatever fanfic bullshit gets thrown into a story that was actually well crafted with passion, because you don't even like star wars

It's not fanfic though, it's the official film. It's always been like this. The continuity and lore bends over backwards to explain dumb choices made it the movies. This happened all the time with the prequels. Something retarded happened that completely ruined an aspect of the earlier films, but we didn't go "hurr durr fanfic bullshit", we gritted our teeth and bent over backwards in order to force it into the continuity of the rest of the films.

I'm not sure what worth there is in you doubting how much I like Star Wars or how it strengthens your argument, but I don't care enough to engage you on that.

How many times did you rewatch TFA?
Me, none. And don't want to.

He leaves Refn for dead
>Sandye Aquaris is a Jar Jar Binks homage character and the best friend of my legendary James Tiberius Kirk homage time hero, Trenton Orion McKirk.
>He has Jar Jar Boobies that are fully adapted to swimming
The man is a genius

>hating based Hiccup and Toothless

>VII>VI

nice meme friend

She's probably not 'some random girl' though. Still, that whole part of the movie was absolutely terrible in all ways, and sadly what followed -- the end -- wasn't much better.

V = IV > VII = VI > WHO FUCKING CARES?

whatever lets you sleep easy at night prequelfag.

kek

this doesn't look bad at all tho

It can be argued that Rey is more powerful than them, as she is experiencing the "awakening" of the Force.

Also, I'm not suggesting that every time anyone picks up a lightsaber they are constantly bombarded with visions. I'm arguing that in this specific instance the Force showed her something because it was relevant at the time. Remember, the Force has a will of its own. The whole idea behind the prequels is that the Jedi are emotionless conduits through which the will of the Force is enacted.

lel

>tfw you realize he looks just like a young autistic and fat version of that Canadian Jim guy that goes on the RLM videos sometimes

Maybe Jim's his dad and that's why he's so pissed.