Any Sup Forumstard ever worked in the military, law enforcement or fire service?

Any Sup Forumstard ever worked in the military, law enforcement or fire service?
Seems like it doesn't get any more alpha than these careers, but how difficult are they really?

Former marine fag. 6400 series MOS. Repaired fighter jet electronics. Deployed to Afghanistan & Japan. Spent majority of time inside a/c cus electronics are sensitive

This guy did.

>military
Most of it is just regular jobs but with fatigues on. Literally retard proof. Actual war fighting MOSes exist. Any of it can be as difficult as you want them to be depending how far up the ladder you go. Pretty broad field
>Law enforcement
Probably the most difficult of these listed to an extent. Even a small town cop is in harms way during a simple traffic stop. Cops are usually always on edge especially if something bad has been going down in their area. The hours suck. Bad.
>Firefighter/ EMS
This is what I do. Do you know how rare it is for a non- big city fire service to respond to structure fires? Firefighters in my area come to work, lift weights, eat breakfast, train (lots of training in this job), watch tv/ take a nap, eat, get a call at 3am because grandma fell out of bed get back to the station and wash the truck then get off work for 3 days.
In any of these jobs when shit happens it fucking happens. Responding to dead and dying people, people you know, kids. Most of any of these jobs are just kinda boring lame shit. With an incredible possiblity for stuff to go down and put yourself in harms way

eastern european military fag here

its difficult if you don't love it.
personally i get 1 day off per month and vacation in the winter

you're dirty and tired 24/7 out there, you get barely any sleep, and you get paid like shit, but then again if you don't have anyone to support then you don't have anywhere to put the money, so you can save up

How old are you? I heard firefighter training is mad difficult. Even if not a lot happens in your city I still give you props for even making it through the selection process.

Become a crane operator. You get to tell a lot of people to fuck off and never break a sweat. It's pretty good.

I wanted to try all of these occupations, but i'm physically disabled, sooo

what branch are you, and what kind of work do you do? Infantry, maintenance or what?

Sgt. for the Terceiro Comando

infantry
senior machine gunner
OR-3

Cont.
A lot of people in these fields actually do all of it. I work with guys that didn't know what to do after the military so they became cops or firefighters or medics while on reserve. Then they pick which one they like the most, do it full time and go part time in the other. Hours are pretty rough for the most part. Don't think for a second that there's no fat pussy soldiers cops or FF. They get by because nothing ever happens to them. But people will surprise you, you don't know how anyone will handle a tough situation until they go through it. Some medics can name off all these disease processes and treatments and drugs then they get a bad kid who's blood pressure is tanking and they freeze. Then dumbass McGee who only talks about his truck has to recognize a rolled over car is unstable and immediately calls everyone back before it rolls another time before settling. I was never in the military but I work with enough vets to know it's the same way

>military
>alpha

Top kek. Unless you're an officer, military isn't even beta, it's omega.

cuzao

11C US Army
deployed to afghanistan in 2014. did my fair share of patrols and gunfights. its hard if you dont let yourself get brainwashed and if you cant keep up physically. ill answer any questions you have.

eastern military fag here
officers in the military are the beta cucks tbh, theyre never on the field and they plan shit behind the lines
regular infantry/etc is normal tier, and really god tier is the special operation units with scout units inbetween infantry and that

22. Eh. Paramedic school is difficult. It's as much information as nursing school in half the time. Fire academy is just different I don't know how to describe it. What really matters though isn't the initial training, it's all that comes after. SO many advanced classes you can take that don't do anything for you career wise but make you smarter in how to save people's lives. People get in EMS and work for 20 years without ever learning anything beyond what they learned back in the day. Do not be this guy. Take every Hazmat course possible. Advanced cardiac life support. Advanced trauma life support. Advanced pediatrics. I have to pay out my own pocket for all this but whenever I have to deliver a baby on the side of the road after mom has been in a crash that killed her husband, I need to be ready. I don't say this jokingly, it happened in my area a few months back

What country is the policeman coming from?

Former 19k here. Loved job and people. Hated the politics.

I wanna join the army and Im 25. Will it be worthy at my age? What opinion do you have in Military Police?

Did 1 year conscripted service in the army. Shit was okay, kinda enjoyed it but wouldn't want to do it as a career. Now I have to go on annual 5 day repetition drills as an army reserve. Annoying shit.

I worked in the Met Police, recently started working for the NCA. Wouldn't call the job physically demanding if you're fit, but it does require a lot of patience and being level headed.

Pic related: me standing next to Mark Lilly, I was one of the investigators who got into his inner circle while he was living in Spain as part of the operation to get him arrested and charged.

youll be fine just mind your own business and stay away from all the faggot kids who will just get you in trouble. sign for the minimum length on a contract that you can. MPs are fags and are all wannabe hard asses. total dicks to anyone they pull over and if theyre not doing shit they just go hide somewhere and watch movies their whole shift.

Its not how alpha the job is its how alpha you are. I was in the marines and now im a corrections officer. And both places I see guys bitching out.

did you sustain any injury during your service?

which job would you consider more difficult marines or corrections?

Oh... we had this hot as fuck MP chick when I did my 1 year service. The lads got all riled up when she responded to fire alarms and such.

>thinks the alphaness of one's career is based on anything other than money

Thanks user

my ankle, knee, back, shoulder and wrists are all fucked up and the shit the va wants me to do doesnt help at all. got ptsd from mortars and rockets blowing up next to me.

got that cushy 90% va disability rating though

no problem

doesn't really count but I was a security consultant over in towelhead country. mostly taught boots how to shoot straight and not suck dicks.

none of the above. Get a marketable degree and make some real money.

ptsd from rocket and mortar ahahah gtfo you fucking fag, we had 196 rocket attack the whole fuckin 326 days I was there

Theyre both difficult its just in which aspect. In corrections I get to come home and see my family more often. But i still get forced over or end up sleeping at work when people call in. Sometimes youll get 4 or less hours of sleep between shifts if youre replacing someone. I work with juveniles and everyday is a little bit hostile. Its heartbreaking too but you have to suck it up. We have 11 year olds coming in nodding off on heroin and trafficking stolen ak47's in their moms car that they stole. And they come back every weeks or so.

In the Marines the best way I can put it is its kind of like civillian life but the ups are alot better and the down times are alot worse and frustrating. Im speaking for myself but there wasnt really am in between for me.

Didn't know that about MPs. I went to university with a guy who's an MP in the Guard he was way cool to hang with. Never knew him at work obviously I'm not in the service. Maybe it's just a big difference between regular and National Guard?

i feel you. we had that shit land pretty close to our compound almost every day.
had one air burst above me and i got messed up

nasty girls usually suck at their jobs and are usually a lot chiller than dudes that come off ad

US Air Force here. I agree with previous post in that it was like a regular job with fatigues

Originally was a F15 to F22 mechanic. Was mainly with a training squadron. The tempo was nice and consistent. Lived in the emerald coast FL for years.

Changed jobs to a combat communications squadron and went AF Reserve. Loved the comm job, love and work in IT currently. I got certifications and security clearances that help with government jobs.

Basic training kinda sucked but it's been worth it.

>Fire service

I recently moved next door to one of those, and he's a massive pussy. Lots of bark until a bigger dog showed up, now he's trying to be an actual neighbor rather than a confrontational prick.

The only other firefighter I know is a retired and spends his days creeping on young girls. I need some better experiences with people of this profession.

Creepy old men in uniform get girls wet

Quite the opposite, actually. Creepy old men are creepy. Like, really creepy, no matter what they're wearing.

Black watch, Infantry, Scottish

Iraq, op telic 2 x 6 month tours, shitting it daily
Kosovo, KFOR 6 months easy(ish)
Northern Ireland, riots and terrorism

Being in the military is a job for a young, single guy who has balls. These days it is riskier and riskier. I lost good friends in Iraq and was lucky to come home.
I am currently applying for the fire service in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Can confirm. Ex military and current firefighter. I love what I do but most of it is sitting around watching tv/browsing the internet but you live for the exciting calls like a structure fire with people inside. Even fires get old fast though and having to see and smell dead people pretty much everyday you work sucks.

What percentage of military jobs leave you with marketable skills as a civilian would you say?

why do you say its riskier these days?

anything if you know how to word your resume the right way

The smells are the worst part. Early this spring when it was still cold we got a call for a welfare check up on an elderly make the family hadn't heard from in a week. As soon as I got out the truck I sniffed and told my partner he was dead. We bust the door down and he's dead on the couch with an old space heater running wide open. The house was about 110 degrees he was covered in burns from his oven/ coffin/ house. Worst smell I've experienced

Physically it can be demanding. The gear weights at least 45 pounds, probably more but I've never weighed it myself. Then you have to carry tools, a hose, 24 foot ladder, and anything else you might need. If fire is in an apartment you have to carry all that up stairs possibly in extreme heat thanks to smoke. Long story short, its not easy but doable

Mentally, I've met some of the dumbest people on the planet in the fire department. Shits not rocket science, wet stuff on the red stuff

There is nothing alpha about wanting a position that gives you power overy people. Quite the opposite, you'really showing that you couldn't aquire it another way.

Well when joining in 1998 there wasnt much going on....... I was planning on getting my pension after 22 years and retiring early.
Along came Iraq, Afghanistan etc.....
like i said i lost a lot of good friends and now i am 35 and thinking what a waste of teenage life....
someones gotta do it though.

>Shits not rocket science, wet stuff on the red stuff
thats not true at all.i remember from my time as a conscript we had a chart with all possible fires and what to use on each case (oil fire,chemical fire,gas fire,solid fuel fire,etc)
i clearly remember water should not be used in some cases...

Had something similar. Diabetic guy took a bunch of drugs and missed his doctors appointment. We bust down his door in the middle of summer and he had piss and shit everywhere in his living room. Guy was still alive so we had to pick him off the ground while he is still covered in his shit and piss and carry him down the stairs. EMS was working him so we had to drive them to hospital. Longest drive ever

Is it true newcomes get hazed at fire departments?

Current milfag here. Medic with more than a few years in. Some of it a lot of fun. Being a paratrooper was fun. Deployment was fun. Garrison sucks dicks. The endless bullshit sucks dicks. Being treated like a child, having a curfew, a drink limit, online bullshit EO and sexual harassment classes all suck.
Sometimes it's okay though. I don't recommend it.

I always carry minty gum now. It helps get that taste out. The most shocking part of this job is always the conditions people live in. Just truly disgusting filth

Ha my BIL was in the Air Force he said they always had to sit through PowerPoints that literally had slides that said remember not to rape anybody this weekend

Thats true but still the general rule is to flow water on the source of the fire or to protect exposures in a defensive operation. Things like oil fires you still use water with foam but you dont apply directly otherwise you just push it. Chemical and Gas you let burn off unless your city is equipped to fight which mine isn't

sounds like the weekend briefing we would get every friday

I was an undertaker for 5 years after getting out the army. Seen it all.... haha, wait till you have to remove an old man from his bath, but there is no clean bubbly soapy water, just human soup

>conditions people live in
I thought I was messy till I went into a hoarders house. Good point about the gum, I usually smoke a cigarette but i'll give that a try since I'm trying to cut down.

Is that more from the officers being control freaks who think they need to hold enlisted hands or from enlisted being retards?

Work on a violent crime police unit in a large with in the south east, meh its okay. Have thick skin, dont give a fuck what people say, be able to handle yourself in a scuff, and work on your cardio. Being a good driver and proficient with firearms are necessary to get on specialized units but really there's a job foe every type of person in a larger department. Like being nice to folks? Go to a community oriented policing unit (C.O.P.s). Hate dope? Work your way into narcotics? Parents killed in an alleyway but you're not a billionaire? Work on going to Homicide. Etc. Etc.

Did my military duty in the Swiss army as a light armoured recon, does that count?

Yeah haven't had much experience with seriously decomposed bodies. That smell must have been legendary

Grunt (with multiple 03xx mos's) here with any branch there's people doing shit you can do as a civilian just in uniform and they are the moto fucktards. if you're a grunt or most combat arms MOS you live the suck but grunts for the most part have the worst sometimes it's fuckin sweet and you're doing all kinds of "alpha" badass shit other times it's being treated like a child by some fucking first sgt who got picked on in high school and wasn't man enough to be a grunt so he was legal admin or some bullshit and how has power.

Also worked with volunteer rescue and fire it is similar in its strenuous times with balls to the wall adrenaline and great camaraderie but it has its boring as hell waiting on a call times.

both have dark sides you see death and destruction that you don't normally see and you either deal or you don't

TLDR-- Being a Grunt is alpha as fuck IF AND ONLY IF you pursue it pour your heart into the job fire/ems is a different level but still alpha but in a different way

have you always been fit, workout/sports etc or did you decide to get in shape before joining the police force?

Also how do you deal with possible attacks against you when you're off duty if someone recognizes you as police?

And if you don't mind elaborate a bit on how much corruption there is within your department

>light armoured recon
whats that?

I was a doorgunner on the space shuttle. 103rd spacemarines

deployed to japan LOL, then you raped some teen jap girls right?

combination of both. i worked with a bunch of idiots from the south/midwest that acted like fucking apes on the weekend because they have never been around a major city before.

the officers just made us listen to that briefing every weekend for liability reasons. more of a why are you doing this when i told you that you would get in trouble thing

drive around in a humvee and do some reconnaissance/intel gathering on opfor activities

depends on what you consider "marketable" being a POG (non infantry) gives you skills from AC mechanic to legal admin but you're only cool to civilians you will always live with the fact you were a POG (some do cool shit but not usually combat arms is the way to go) whereas grunts are trigger pullers if you're good you can contract PMC or the like and make decent money if you have connections

sounds cool, I suppose with recon/intel you have to learn to navigate on all kinds of environment.

I was never big into sports but I boxed and got heavy into working out after a bad breakup so that helped. Been injured twice on the job (torn ligament in ankle and back, stitches in arm) so that plus sitting in a car all day had me put a few pounds on so I'm looking to shake it. Just run, do pullups, pushups, crunches, etc that's all they want during the academy.

I'm always paranoid but then again I always have been. Shower with a gun under the towel type of paranoid not tinfoil hat type.

Corruption is big high up, not so much on street level. No money to be made when you're low on the totem but also all the city officials where I am are crooked as shit. No one is getting pockets lined by mob bosses but there are people skimming money and trying to fire good cops for locking up the "wrong people"

well there's forests, urban or mountains, pretty straight forward

elaborate on how you got those injuries on the job?

But being raped by men in uniform is fun

Chasing auto break in perps, went over a large razor wire fence (didn't get cut thankfully) but landed bad on a pile of wet lumber, that plus 35lbs of gear and I fucked up my leg and back. Got back up and caught them after a short run/hobble but was rather painful. Second one i was chasing a robbery perp and chased him in an area that no one else would go due to overgrowth making movement difficult at best plus some random jagged metal ended up cutting down to the muscle on my arm but didn't pay it much attention until after I grabbed the guy. Was too exhausted to really give a shit.

>dumbass McGee who only talks about his truck has to recognize a rolled over car is unstable and immediately calls everyone back before it rolls another time before settling.

What

that idiot who wastes his life earning money in a job he hates

Any Navy special warfare MOS is as alpha as it gets. Marines are pretty tough too sometimes.

wtf am I reading

also, ur a fagget

lol whatever you have to tell yourself poorfag.

>military
>can't even take a shit without permission
>alpha

why navy specifically?

K
Quality bants man trolled me good

Come hang drywall with me... I'll turn your beta ass into hardened steel in no time.

this guy gets it. What part of "everything I do is dictated by my superiors" makes one an alpha?

In the end, women always make the obvious choice.

The real MVP

Have you ever had a job? I'm thinking not

Its the best

>implying work isn't about making money
do it for free then shit-for-brains. And yeah, I started my first job in the 90s. You know, around the time your parents started dating.

> Military
Defending freedom by rape & kill mainly civilians on other side of the world. Need someone telling them what to do whole day. Literally people who have no values and ideas what to do.

> Cops
Its already proofed that cops in the US wished to be stupid. Also they are in comparison to other countries pretty corrupt and undertrained. Most people becoming cops were mobbed in school or were to stupid for highschool.

> Firefighter
Literally the only good job from these 3. But in my experience most of them doing the job for prestige. Anyway its okay but if you do it full time a bit stupid because after you reached age 50 you cant do this job very good anymore and what you work then? Most communities have anyway free firefighter that do it as hobby

Ser Davos?