ITT: Scariest Albums Ever

pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

nocturnalemissions.bandcamp.com/album/mouth-of-babes
google.com/maps/@44.9947545,-93.146501,3a,51y,264.8h,76.2t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s-pS_2bwD-ghtycVNBepY4w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The Drift by Scott Walker

>Edgy faggit with no experience with drugs
>2 scoops of LSD
>Let me take you down cause im going tooo......
>STREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
>Carpet Monster
I dont even take paracetamol since then.

You sound like such a fag

I was, less of a fag now but I still run over kittens.

This website is 18+

its my brithday 3 days ago faggit!

Fuck that's great, ty user

bump

sounds fucking epic bro! upvoted!

try this

SPK - Leichenschrei

Sleep Chamber - Sex Magick Ritual

Unironically, first post best post. There are few that come close.
>Nico - Desertshore
>Scott Walker - Tilt
>Einstürzende Neubauten - Kollaps
>Suicide - Suicide
>The Peter Brötzmann Octet - Machine Gun
>Ramleh - Hole in the Heart

How is Hole in the Heart scary?
It's transcendental and beautiful

What is this

Zenjin - Pseudoscorpion

>scoops

nocturnal emissions - mouth of babes
it's a dark ambient album made with baby noises

>oooooo sounds r scaerey ;_;
I swear this board is getting worse by the minute

How so?

jew rituals are scary

Bye.
Thanks

That doesn't sound scary, it sounds gross and annoying

maybe it's just cause i haven't listened to it in a long time but i remember being freaked out by it

What's the deal with "bye" album? Anytime anyone mentions it, people say they're gonna get banned.

it's made from cp sounds

you're going to get banned, but you can appeal it pretty easily so dont worry

i cant find this shit anywhere. any links?

nocturnalemissions.bandcamp.com/album/mouth-of-babes

oh, thanks

Has anyone here actually listened to it? Sounds like a Grifter sort of thing honestly.

i did, its all true. The last track is literally just a man and woman fucking a new born with a static white noise instrumental. its pretty gross / not even worth a listen.

the best music - kkhaled

man the opening with all the magazines falling really tingles me. I love listening to this on the
bus.

I'm interested in discussing this album with anons. I know a fair deal about it and I'm going to post more about it shortly.

I want to fuck her face

le peter sotos

BOO!

Fuck this cover creeps me out every time I see it. Such a brilliant album though.
It's one of my favourite albums, looking forward to hearing more about it.

First of all, your interpretation of the opening interests me. I never heard "magazines falling", unless perhaps you're referring to the things that you load into guns, or such. I've only ever heard just a pile of metal and glass being scraped around.

Some interesting facts about the album:

the low groaning starts right around the one-minute mark.
The abrasive noise of the opening cuts out EXACTLY at the three-minute mark.
Despite a bunch of audible groaning, screaming and foreign-language voices, the first CLEAR lyric on the album, in English, occurs at EXACTLY the (album's) twelve-minute mark, when you start to hear the little girl and the woman have their creepy back-and-forth.
I first heard the album in 2005, on Pitchfork's advice, and I liked it instantly. I'd go as far as saying that I "got" it right away. But I wouldn't hear much more NWW for about a decade. In the past few years I've been going whole-hog.

The album was dedicated to avant-garde composer Franz Kamin. The little I've heard of Kamin's stuff, I wasn't crazy about it, but it turns out that Kamin died in a car crash not far from where I first heard the album. I believe I've located the tree where Kamin died: notice the scar on the tree's base, consistent with the location described in the obit (west side):

google.com/maps/@44.9947545,-93.146501,3a,51y,264.8h,76.2t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s-pS_2bwD-ghtycVNBepY4w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Glass, metal crunching? Life imitating art. At least one of the track names derives from Lautréamont, just like /Chance Meeting.../. I think another (The Schmurz) might be from Boris Vian, to whom the previous album had been dedicated.

>unless perhaps you're referring to the things that you load into guns, or such
yes iam, also thank you for all that information, I love hearing about this stuff for amazing albums

I always thought it was a painting. Seeing that it's a photo makes it 10x as creepy

What is it that makes the cover so creepy?
I don't get it.

I heard the first track and deleted it. I just checked and it's still up on Mega, somewhat shockingly. It's not art, it's just gross. Buyer's Market did it well and did it I think to the limit.

DELET

I think it has something to do with the lighting. If you are in a pitch black room and you take a photo with your phone, you'll get a similar effect (pic related). There are no visible shadows, which is because the only light that is present in the room is coming from the camera. This makes it look creepy and unnatural.

this and the really small field of view, obscuring what's outside the shot; it gives a sense of claustrophobia

what are you talking about my deranged friend

Only ever listened to one song off it but I heard the song again in a nightmare once

Eerie, but not scary

Good choice

I love this album, but it's been way too long since I've heard it. Thanks for reminding me of it

Pretty much anything by Atrax Morgue would be good for this thread

fucking hell, as a thumbnail i thought it was a photo. is it based on one?

from the bandcamp:
>@ anyone uncomfortable with the album art, I understand & agree.
>At first I was hesitant to buy this album, with the cover art
>The cover is slightly disturbing until you read what it means to the album.
>The harsh cover picture may draw a lot of people away from the music, but once you have understood the concept behind it, the innocence of the little girl will haunt you
>The album is too good to let the cover art stop me from purchasing. I really fucking hate it, though.

whats so bad about the cover?

Probably based on a real picture. If it's just a painting, why is it so controversial?

what's summer school like?

2 SCOOPS?! BLOMPF IS THAT YOU?!?
In all seriousness, how the hell can you "scoop" LSD?

They've found out... THEY'VE FOUND OUT!

Can I Google/YouTube search it without getting on some kind of watchlist?

Anything by Stalaggh/Gulaggh

It's a bloody, dead, naked, little girl

so?

Most people find that off putting