Rick and Morty is for smart people...

Rick and Morty is for smart people. If you dislike it then you're clearly just not intelligent enough to get its subtle humour.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vz2N4rsypY4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BIGGLE RIGG XXXXDDD D

there are more scientists in tbbt your argument is invalido

>not going with piggle rigg.

you gay now.

>Le Pickle Rick XD
I agree, if you don't get the sophisticated humor you're a total moron.

Tbbt...might have more scientists but the show itself is fucking retarded. So no, the only argument that is invalid is yours because quite frankly you don t even have one.

hmm, familiar, you got triggered by my post in anti SWJ on facebook the other day, didn't you?

You don't need to be smart to enjoy Rick and Morty at all. They explain everything as flat and simple as possible (which is not a bad thing)

i love the RANDOM parts in rick n morty when he burps lmaooooo!! XDDD

Not how it works, faggor.

Remember "Eye Holes" and "Real Fake Doors"? Those ones are my favorites. XD

You know How i know Rick and morty is not just for smart people? Cuz you watch it Op

I fixed it for you OP

I actually like Rick and Morty but because it's popular I hate it because I NEED to be edgy - Sup Forums faggots

WOAH BURN, you got me there user
absolute savage

REEEEEEEE I HATE NORMALFAGS
I'M SMARTER THAN PEOPLE THAT ARE NOT SOCIALLY AWKWARD THEREFORE RICK AND MORTY IS SO IDIOTS

youtube.com/watch?v=Vz2N4rsypY4

I can't stand RnM but that guy is a fucking redneck loser.

I Like rick and morty Op but you're a fag.

Its like watching big bang theory and telling people you're a nerd/geek. Calm the fuck down

I don't care if it's popular, it still sucks.

>tfw he doesn't realise that this a bait thread and that OP doesn't even watch it
kek

>claims to be smart
>posts opinion on Sup Forums

Well Im a fish that just jumped on the boat, fuck me

I mean RnM is probably a 5/10, there are thousands of better shows but it isn't the worst

Don't even watch the show

I think is good show but its way overrated atm

im a very very INTELLIGENT scientist irl and I thought seasons 1 and 2 were WATCHABLE, and season 3 thus far was IRRITATING and SHIT

an actual thinking man's animation would be AEON FLUX, or maybe HARVEY BIRDMAN or the good seasons of ARCHER

>stop LIKING things that i don't LIKE, RETARDS

its just jokes on basic scifi 101. everyone gets it. not for smart people

This is the textbook Reddit user right here,
How are you enjoying Sup Forums "thus far"?
kek

But you only think that it sucks to be contrarion and because other people like it tho.

nah, i like it, understand the jokes but i am stupid as fuck.

it's been GOOD SO FAR, i've been here for about TWELVE YEARS so i'm a certified OLDENFAG, pretty cool i KNOW

i also enjoy various SUBREDDITS

btw insulting me won't make rick and morty NOT SHIT

>there are thousands of better shows
name 10

YEA MAN! I LOVE [Simpsons for millennials] Most people just cant grasp the subtle humor of [Simpsons for millennials] remember when [drunk main character] said "[pseudo intellectual catchphrase]" yea man, some people will just never get it.

ep 1 of this season was good, from there is just going down

great post, but the simpsons was actually good in its early seasons, which you of course don't know because you haven't watched them because you're a MILLENNIAL

But It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is actually pretty brilliant

go eat your virgin meal

virgin

rick and morty is Dr Who meets Community.

so its not really especially smart. just well written and clever.

clever isn't the same as smart.

I've never watched It so I wouldn't know

>be me
>be 45
>"you're a MILLENNIAL"

LUL 2017 still think rick and morty is good

this is everybody now, dipshit. Even fuckheads with kids are constantly glued to their phone, can't even look at their kids when their begging for attention.

This is just some crystal ball vaguery.

The Simpsons premiered on Tracy Ullman in 1985, and the endpoint of Millenials were defined in a couple recent magazines (Time, Harpers, etc) so that they are those born between 1980-2000. The Simpsons, thus, is by definition "for Millenials".

That said, the only objectively great seasons are 1-10, which ran between 1990-2000.

I am concerned that African Americans are not well represented in Rick and Morty. The last episode basically represented blacks as shit eaters. I am considering a go fund me project to end the racist aspects of adult swim.

yes, R&M is for smart people but now is getting more popular so now its for dumb people, same happend to the simpsons

no UR a millennial

Rick & Morty is a lot like Sup Forums.
It never was good but we participate anyway

Its first season was overrated. Shitty animation for sure in the first few eps just made it reek of "Why bother," in the same vein as Family Guy.

But then it quickly became phenomenal, both in animation and writing.

The same pattern can be seen in Archer. Cheap animation in the first season quickly gave way to some amazing care and quality. (This past season just made my jaw drop fwiw.)

I-i just wanna be special

>you're clearly just not intelligent enough to get its subtle humour.
I'd love for you to clearly explain how its subtle humour is intelligent since you're so intelligent aswell

You fags all fail to realize the genius of R&M isn't just in its humor (which, regardless of whether it rates high on your particular taste, you must admit does the terrific rare feat of appealing to a broad range of audiences simultaneously such that the crude lowlife, the literary afficianado, and the autistic engineer can all appreciate it.)

But the true genius is that has broken genuine new ground in science fiction multiple times so far. The Purge went boldly where no Prime Directive ep of Star Trek went before. Infinite family members to choose from? Conscious uncertainty splitting time? A FUCKING PICKLE! (Yes, this last one was brilliant sci-fi -- if you don't think so you don't know what sci-fi is. Period.)

is not that subtle

Rick is the only 'smart' character in the show. I seriously hope all this copy paste garbage about how Rick and Morty is incredibly smart is ironic, god I hope so

So by your definitions what praytell would you consider a "smart" show? It seems a very odd distinction to make.

it's really middle-of-the-road. It's not really all that clever.

I really lik rick and moarty but men subtile is not a word that exists in that cartoon

I don't watch a lot of tv at all and it isn't subtle humor by any means, are you fucking stupid?

GEE WHIZZ THOSE ARE MA FAVSS TOO XXD XD XDDD

aRE YOU ON DURGS/

Gr8 B8 M8, I may be L8 N8 but K8 say don't H8.

rank Buttsex/4chins

Whosthattinyboy?

To be fair, you have to have a *very* high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. THe humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philsophy draws heavily from *Narodnaya Volya* literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly *appreciate* the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- the say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic *Fathers and Suns.* I'm smirking righ now just *imagining* one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itslf on their television screens. What fools.. how I *pity* them. And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ poinst of my own.

>rick and morty is Dr Who meets Community
Sounds like shit

I'm the eye hole man!
"if he catches you eating them he comes in and starts kicking the shit out of you, but I'll tell you what Morty, it's worth it, cause they're Delicious! they melt in your mouth"

Derivative garbage for children.

check mate, fuckboi

Rick:

compare with The Doctor (Dr Who): both are basically Time Lords with infinite plot armor (Rick can't travel through time but can travel through alternate realities, and neither can affect causality). Rick arguably is even more powerful than The Doctor since he has been able to build insane shit in cartoonishly-insane time, whereas The Doctor has a slightly higher threshold of audiences' suspension of disbelief to maintain.

The Doctor solves problems with essentially grace and suave and no "offensive" weaponry. His moral compass essentially always points North, and he acts as a protector of humankind.

Rick also solves problems with (a different sort of) grace and suave and could get away with not using weapons if he really wanted, but more often than not takes the path of least resistance. His moral compass points inward... or is simply broken, since he doesn't seem to be particularly motivated by self-promotion either.

Rick essentially takes the idyllic and centered ethics of The Doctor and turns them on their head, and in the process he forces his family and the audience into major ethical questions of their own. Whereas when The Doctor gets into an ethical issue it usually involves something familiar to human conflict, sanitized to civilized statecraft or political or emotional questions, Rick forces onto us truly uncomfortable questions that get into the existential assumptions of society and justice itself. This is the kind of thing that sci-fi as a genre was developed to do.

Doctor Who could be produced just as easily as a James-Bond-esque rogue diplomat who travels around the world solving tribal and national disputes in the 18th-century. Rick & Morty could ONLY be produced in a sci-fi genre. THAT is using a medium to its full potential.

+ points for making me learn interesting things about Russian hist on wikipedia.
neg points for obvious troll.

i never watched rick and Morty, i do find it's always sunny in Philadelphia to be funny.

i found the big band theory to be stupid, i couldn't get into friends.

>tfw when he doesn't realise that this is a bait thread by OP
>user literally took the bait so hard he created another thread about it
hahahahha fukken dead, I've never baited someone this hard before

kek you go girl

bump

Smart people don't watch television.
Enjoy your trash for Redditors and small-souled bugmen.

cmon collegefags, more educated analysis!

Hi guys. I come to Sup Forums from russian board 2ch.hk. He's planning DDOS and spam attack in Sup Forums,Sup Forums,Sup Forums. Let's strike them early than he.
Spam in Sup Forums,Sup Forums and /po/.
Go go go

Nice try Vlad.