Anyone else think Watchmen is one of the best fucking movies

Anyone else think Watchmen is one of the best fucking movies.

Yes. My favorite movie ever.

You will get crucified for posting that opinion on the internet tho.

The cool kids hate Zack Snyder.

Good but I prefer the comic.

It's not as bad as most people say but damn, the rorschach death is way better in the movie than in the comics...

I won't say greatest, but it's up there, and I won't blame you for that opinion.

rubbish movie

Fair enough, though I think losing Giant Squid Monster was a good idea -- that would have looked laughable on screen, and I think the plan as it works out in the movie makes more sense than the plan in the comics with GSM dying all over the place.

I've been wanting to read it.

it's good.

if we're comparing movies commonly denigrated by the internet hate machine though, batman vs. superman is better

Movie was trash. The only people that like this movie are huge nerds.

It was very good but it made 1 big fucking mistake
It made the regular humans into extraordinary humans
Why were Silk Spectre and Cuck Owl able to break bones and shit?

The whole point of the comic was that Dr Manhattan was the REAL superhero.
The other regular vigilantes were just human.
Having Silk Spectre punch a guy so hard he flies against a brick wall is stupid and defies the point.

However, the Dr Manhattan parts were perfect

I bought the comic book recently. Haven't read it yet, and didn't watch the movie. I loved V for Vendetta (the comic book and the movie).

Is Watchmen better? Should I watch the movie first or read it first? My thought is reading first, but I'm curious on what you suggest.

no

Oh I perfectly understand the change. This is a movie audience + the fact they had to trim down a lot from the original story. A space squid makes more sense for a comic.

I'm willing to accept exagurated strength. Makes the action and fights more exciting.

lol what? Even huge Moore-cock sucking comic book nerds hate that movie.

Fuck the movie

The book is very very good.
It's a total criticism of DC comics

But, yeah, still watch the movie. It renders some scenes accurately. But the complete message is lost in Snyders autism

Apparently the devil agrees with me also. Never knew he was a fan.

It was a cowardly if understandable decision
Squid monster could have been the biggest WTF? moment in superhero movies but they lacked the balls to pull it off.

Not into comics at all, but the movie gets way too much hate. Sure it's long, and there are some goofy scenes, but for the most part, pretty badass.

I actually haven't read the comic. It's been on my to do list.

I'd say read the comic book first and then watch the Ultimate Cut if possible.

But that breaks everything that Moore wanted to say
The Watchmen world in the comics was the exact same as ours.
It just had costumed people running around punching and shooting criminals in a vigilante basis
Making them super -strong defies the whole point.

The comic was about "What if Superman was real"
Dr Manhattan was Superman. I.E. God

That was the point Moore was trying to make. if Superman existed, he'd be a god

I do think it's better than V

re-watched it last night for the first time in a while.

its a pretty good adaption all things considered.

completely agree, for the film, eliminating the psychic alien stuff and replacing it with a bomb to frame manhattan works better for film media. Much as a faithful adaption would be interesting, I think different media need different detail changes.

V for Vendetta is a great example of a trash adaptation.
Watchmen is a great example of a great adaptation.

Why is he such a fucking edgelord?

I don't see anything "super" in breaking bones tbh.
Yeah, it was probably Snyder just jacking off for some violence. But that doesn't change or diminish in any way Dr. Manhattan's plot in the movie.

I love it one of my favorites, the story is legendary, soundtrack is top notch, and dat silk spectre sex scene tho.

There are 2 characters with any real powers in this movie. The only plot in this movie it "dr Manhattan decides what happens" beta cuck Batman and that other bitch are completely useless and had no place in the movie. Rorschach was cool but was literally powerless to stop anything so he basically kills himself.

It feels like a bunch of cynical old men wrote this in the 60's because they were jealous of good comics making money.

Not like that.
It was easy for them
If they had to go ground game and leglock some joints till they popped, then it'd be good.
Just punches?
Fuck that

Because he was Moore jacking off about how much he hates Batman

The best capeshit movie tbh. I don't like comic book movies anymore but this one was very special. Probably because of how different it is.

It's weird that some people hate it for the exact same reason you liked it.
It's very different.

i remember watching this in theaters and seeing a woman about to be raped and i was terrified, watching the film now it showed me a light on superheroes i hadn't seen up until that point, i was truly impressed

That's why I liked it so much. I hate how just about every super hero movie is the same in that the super hero's never have any evil in them, they never kill anyone. That shot just gets cheesy

I didn't like that they made Dr. Manhatten the reason so many people died.
He was still known as an American superhero, right? So regardless of how many Americans died, he also killed people in Russia, making the "common enemy" (who was the alien in the comic books)....
An American.
I don't think that it would've quelled the nuclear anxiety.

Just another cuck movie with niggers and faggots.

a movie about a comic for pseudo-intelectuals who think they are smarter than the average bear.
you are not, you are just another one.

That's what made it good. This is what it would be like if there were real super heros.

So he basically writes a shitty fan fiction to shit on Batman? That is hilarious.

All of Watchmen was (good) fanfiction shitting on all of DC.
Rorshach was Batman
NiteOwl was BlueBeetle
Dr Manhattan was Superman
Silk Spectre was WonderWoman

They have this kind of stuff in good comics. Nobody makes movies about those stories because they are boring and half the characters just stand around while the real heros do. the work. Nobody wants to watch law and order with superheroes.

Nothing about watchman was good. It was boring.

I disagree
I think it was very much ahead of its time
Remember it was written in 1984

I love the comic and the movie. I own both and actually wrote a paper over the movie for some bullshit college class quite a few years ago

No one sucks the fun out of comics like Alan Moore

Zack Snyder has no business directing actors

It feels like it was written in 1954. What was ahead of its time? The fact that only one character mattered? They might as well had all the characters sitting around a table trying to convince dr Manhattan to do something. when you have such a huge power gap the story is just written poorly.

That was the point though
It was a meta-criticism of DC comics
All these regular to a bit above regular people trying to tell God AKA Superman to really save the world and not just stop petty crime

no one agrees. that movie was a steaming pile of dog shit. At least be somewhat patricians and claim man of Steel to be the superior DC film.

Who watches the watchmen?

Pretty iconic, I think.

Also, I love the bit about Pagliacci the clown.

How is that entertaining? That is just like a courtroom movie. If you look at a storyline like injustice, Superman was the strong character but Batman was still able to fight against him. Superman could only do what he wanted because he had strong allies. They had to use their heads to fight against him not just walk in and say "hey don't do that please" and hope for the best.
It was a poorly written criticism by an obviously jealous person.

You're missing the point
Batman can't do FUCK ALL to Superman
Watchmen is like if "The Superman is real and he is American"

It's an honest and legitimate criticism

probably been said already but:
Pretty good movie, about as good an adaptation as you could possibly make about it, considering the graphic novel's complexity and depth.

I'd say the only real true moment of sui-generis inspiration in the movie was the opening scene with Bob Dylan, though. THAT sequence was masterful, everything else was p. good but not up to the comic's level of quality (which, of course, how could it)

They didn't just cut it to be cowardly. They could not possibly have done it. The giant squid in the comics had an IMMENSE amount of *completely* un-recognizable foreshadowing and still hit like a Goddamned freight train. That's what made it genius, and not some freaky half-cocked M. Night Shamalamam level twist. But they could not possibly have put all that foreshadowing in the movie, which means it WOULD have been a stupid jackass wallbanger twist for no reason.

I wasn't happy at the time but it really is so much better this way.

> Batman can't do fuck all to Superman
Batman invented a drug that inhanced people's abilities. There is literally a part where Alfred takes some and kicks the shit out of Superman.

Dr Manhattan isn't even Superman. He is way more powerful and the others are far weaker. Grossly exaggerating the power gap then criticizing it is lazy and dishonest.

Remember this was written in 1984
Where Batman was just a vigilante who wouldn't go full Punisher

im am not locked in here whit you
your locked in here with me

best fucking movie?

I prefer anything from the BLACKED series.

Both the film and the graphic novel are far superior to any comic book bandwagon you can jump on today. The characters were so deep and real. It makes the nuclear hysteria palpable and I couldn't stop reading it. The symbols were so profound and sublime as well, nothing tops that shit.

That still doesn't mean anything. They really didn't have them fighting like they do these days. Superman had things that were on his power level so I still don't see his problem. It would be like criticizing marvel because daredevil and captain America can't beat up hulk.

he's strong but no where close to a god.

It's filled with Snyder autism but I was blown away at how different it was. Rorschach's scenes got stuck in my mind ever since

The point of Watchmen was if regular vigilantes met a real Superman
Superman was really Superman in 1984

That was the point. There was no greater threat. Just petty crime. Yet there was a GOD trying to fight basic shit.
What do you think will happen?

I thought it was an amazing awesome movie (especially the extended director's cut), then I read the book. Compared to the book, which Time put in the 100 Best Books Ever Written, the movie is a piece of shit.

> (OP)
>Time put in the 100 Best Books Ever

authors simply pay to be in their lists

I think it's the best movie of its time.

>I think it's the best movie of its time.

meaningless statement. what do you consider "it's time"?

Rorschach was brilliant & had the best lines, but OP, sorry, that movie was a large stinking turd

You're a large stinking turd.

My favorite chapter was fearful symmetry. Would you guys like to discuss the the many parallels it drew with both the real world, the fictional world and the incepted world of the black freighter?

Yeh, probably am, so I guess if I were a movie I'd be the one you'd most adore.

I liked the movie but I've seen movies I liked even better

like the villain was pre shit

Movie was great.

Why it sucked slightly was the casting.

>Billy Crudup as Dr. Manhattan? Great
>Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach? Awesome
>Jeffrey Dean Morgan as the Comedian? Spectacular

All the rest was fucking shit. Malin Ackerman is terrible at any role other than stupid hot blonde. Her and Patrick Wilson as Nite Owl was cringeworthy. Top it off with that assshole who played Ozymandias, fucking hell, ruined its chance at being the best comic book movie/ one of the best movies of all time.

Superman was fighting enemies like brainiac, general zod and darkseid long before 1984.

The watchman is "what if a bunch of above average fighters met a being that had all the powers of the justice league and then some?" Well what happens is that you get a boring story with no real suspense other than "what is the massively overpowered character going to do?" A character that by the end of the story barely gives a shit.
It is a bad critique written by a bitter person. The "parallels" aren't even acurate enough to be valid criticism. That is why it is bad because you can see that the author is letting his personal dislike shine through so much that it distorts reality.

Boring, two thirds of the movie in and literally nothing interesting has happened, dropped the movie then and there as I was falling asleep out of boredom.

Also, this :)

Absolutely.

I've never seen it. Pans labrynth, kill bill, and a scanner darkly are the best movies imo

The world will look up and shout, "Save Us"

And I'll whisper, "No".

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR :'(

Fucking goosebumps on that scene

because you're 12 years. you should seriously kys tbh

>The book is very very good.

No. It's great.

>It's a total criticism of DC comics

More like all superhero comics.

>watch the Ultimate Cut if possible.

Watch the fanedit Watchmen Midnight 2014. Best version ever.

>"common enemy"

Oz realized this was the only way for people of the world to unite. The squid stuff was unfilmable and making Dr M the common enemy was a brilliant twist.

>Rorschach was brilliant

Rorschach, The Comedian, and Dr M were the best realized characters in the film. Oz is the only other character that comes close to being interesting.

>Her and Patrick Wilson as Nite Owl was cringeworthy.

100% agree.

>Top it off with that assshole who played Ozymandias, fucking hell, ruined its chance at being the best comic book movie/ one of the best movies of all time.

Don't agree. The changes they made to Oz for the movie were for the best. The fact that he wasn't a beefcake like in the book helped to make him more relate-able.

thats just, like, your opinion man

most of rorschachs scenes were awesome

I think it needs a remake, where all the main characters are replaced with women.... you know... for diversity.

REEEEEEEEE

>you know... for diversity.

And maybe some blacks and orientals. Dr M doesn't count as a diversity hire.

The movie is utter shit compared to the comics by Moore it is based on.

Agreed.