mental disorder thread

> mental disorder thread
What is your major malfunction Sup Forums?
> autism, diagnosed at 9
> bipolar, diagnosed at 21
> pic related, went there for therapy

>Major depression disorder, diagnosed at 14
>Social anxiety, also 14
And there were some suspicions of autism, when I was a kid

I like to eat farts

schizophrenicbro here
>17 go nuts, diagnosed bipolar
>still 17, go more nuts, involuntarily committed to hospital
>turn 18 in one psych ward, move to new adult hospital
>diagnosed schizophrenic, stay for 6 months
>forced to take drugs, delusions, hallucinations

Went to pic related for most of my "treatment" at 18, brattleboro retreat for the first bit at the end of 17 years old.
Fun fact, this hospital was flooded during hurricane irene when I was there and closed down, then I moved to a halfway house ish thing and got a new doctor.I don't think I ever would have gotten out if that had not happened.

24 now, live in trailer, living neet life, don't take meds and doing alright, (they really fuck you up,) learning to draw, /fit/, learning guitar, and play vidya. Also play pool, music, and swim at my dad's almost every weekend. Sometimes hike too, or go on long walks with tunes. Really no social life outside of family.
Life is actually really really good. wtb gf tho :(

>Obsessive compulsive but no compulsions
>Schizoaffective which I disagree with in a sense
>Drug addiction (hello psychosis from intoxication

> major depression, diagnosed at 21
> borderline personality disorder, diagnosed at 21

and maybe more because every fucking therapist or psychiatrist I go to thinks I have autism

Popular sentiment about psych meds guy for me they saved my life and improved my quality of life immensely. I certainly feel better on them.

> meds fuck you up
Yep, taking latuda for my bipolar and my hands shake like a fucking paint mixer on bad days

it's different for everyone, if they work for you stay on them
they made me totally unable to function, couldnt think, could barely talk, and I had to sleep 16 hours a day among other things.
Pills are real bad news imo.

I was prescribed Latuda and took a 30 day dosage in 3 days. I do not recommend this.

Second time I was put in a psych ward I was put on Depakote. I couldn't physically talk for close to a week. I could hardly move.

Why the fuck?
Never made it to a ward myself, closest was staying a night in the ER after I ate a bottle of tylenol and a box of robaxacet and they let me go in the morning with script for latuda and 3 months of regular appointments(thank fuck for socialized healthcare in soviet canuckistan). I probably should have been there a couple days to get myself together but they didnt think I needed to be there.

Anxiety (panic disorder, GAD)
OCD (just thoughts)

Not depressed though. Got OCD at 12 but it was just a bit annoying got anxiety at 16. 28 now and meh I like my meds and only really have a few 'bad days' a year.

long term depression
anxiety attacks

I know that feel. It sucks when you are in a really shitty place and you cant get help because it makes you get anxious just thinking about talking about it

it succeeded in making me want to die

So, I pay for you to be a retard. You're welcome.

> gf
As much as it can be a lot of bullshit to be with someone, I find it rewarding and I am getting married next year. Try getting around, you might meet someone great.

kek stay mad wagie :^)

I'm a repressed transsexual, so dysphoria? Been to a therapist for 6 months before, she just wanted me to take antidepressants and continue sessions. A week in on Zoloft and I could get hard but when I would start to climax get a headache. I tried to power through.
>the pain
I'm sooo horny though, I figured if I can't fap might as well get on hormones. I wish I was on hormones now. I stopped meds and therapy. What a crock of shit for a trans person. Maybe a psychiatrist will give me an endo letter next month. Hopefully. All this grief for what is like $60 a month over the internet.

Diagnosed F20.1 (schizophrenia). Risperidone injections and quetiapine pills. I'm living a good life though. Got my PhD and work in cryptography & net sec field.

You're mentally ill and your brain is damaged. Just die please.

>Schizoid Personality Disorder; diagnosed at 18
I was always a miserable bastard, so I started seeing a shrink around 16 or so, mainly cause I started drinking heavily.
9 different medications later, I decided to see a psychologist who doesn't prescribe meds. Combine that with the suspicion that I had Aspberger's and out came the SPD diagnosis.

My diagnosis has changed many times, but basically I took some drugs and went nuts a few times and now I get free disability money.

This is a mental illness thread. You die for contributing nothing.

If you are alright now you most probably were never a schizo

>Panic disorder, PTSD, and depression diagnosed at 22
>Likely had panic my whole life, first full blown panic attack at 5
>Generalized anxiety disorder, diagnosed at 29

I'm just a scardey cat.