Any military fags on here? I am 90 percent thinking about joining the coast guard because I need disipline, structure...

Any military fags on here? I am 90 percent thinking about joining the coast guard because I need disipline, structure, hardwork in my life. I want to go in to save money, save people, learn how to be a leader, go on adventures and travel. The thing is though that I am graduating this year with my firefighter associates degree. My plan originally was to be a firefighter. I'm hoping the military will make me a better firefighter (if I still want to be one when I get out)
So my question is military and firefags
Is the coast guard a good time and am I going in for the right reasons?

>Should I join the military/coast guard after I get my degree or keep pursuing firefighting when I graduate?

What do you really want to get out of the mil? Certain thing you brought up usually don't go well with each other. (Prior Marine - MOS 0311)

I want disipline because I am lazy and unorganized. I want to learn how to work and follow directions. I want to learn how to be a leader. I want to travel and go on adventures. I want to save peoples lives. I want to save 10k a year while in the military. I also want to come out with some sort of skillset.

I sell cars at a dealership to pay for school, volunteer as an EMT and I'm thinking the same shit as you OP.

If you are going to join the military, then join the military, not the faggot ass Coast Guard.
>26 year Navy guy.

You really do want a lot - the mil isn't all glamor and cool (REALLY depends on job) and my experience going to MC Infantry helped me for the best. I can't speak for other branches, but go MC Infantry and you're guaranteed 2 deployments. Plus you'll travel and ....yea all the shit you want.

>MFW everything I have ever read or heard about the navy is gay except the seals
>MFW the best time is had in the coast guard
>MFW Coast guard uniforms are 100x cooler than Navy
>MFW Navy is cucked
>MFW I'm not trying to join the real military I just want to save lives and that's what the coast guard does all the time

Pretty sure CG has the second hardest Basic/Bootcamp..... but it does suck, they're not military, they're under DHS.

>MFW Coast Guard uniforms...
You sir, are a faggot. You don't join the service because you like their uniforms. You cucked yaself.

Not getting into it because the uniforms at all. But if I have to wear the uniforms all the time I would rather not look like a faggot like the navy does.

Join the National Guard or any of the Reserves and reap the benefits of dual civil and military service. After 20 years you'll be able to retire with military and firefighter benefits. Currently I'm the National Guard myself and I serve with a lot of cops and firefighters that are doing exaxtly that.

If you want a marketable skill when you get out, I recommend you join the Navy or Air Force, and work IT. That experience coupled with a few certifications you can easily get while you are in, paired with a degree that the military will pay for will set you up for life.

I know the CG and Navy have firefighting MOSs. I was Army for 6 yrs. My mom Army for 23 yrs. Dad a Marine for 3 yrs. Uncles Army and AF. Cousin is Navy pilot. Best friend when i was in 8th grade is now a Lt. Col. In the Army. Wifes cousin is in merchant marines. Could go on.

I loved it, obviously. Its all i knew growing up. But if you know you need the discipline and structure. And want a challenge.....i say go for it.

Agreed, but went MC and used GI Bill after for IT. Make pretty good now.

Dude it's peace time Marine Corps. Fuck that

Hey moron, you know the CG uniforms are almost identical to Navy uniforms right? You clearly don't know shit about any military service.

Fuck the military. You want discipline, structure and hard work in your life?

Go be a farmer. Not really even kidding.

you could go air force or army FF, get some discipline and organization while you continue your experience as a FF

I've thought about this but I looked into it and Airforce FF experience does not translate into the civilian world at all.

Yea... for now. It's known in MC, wait a decade and we'll be somewhere else.... but MEUs and embassy duty should make the MC a nice choice... for travel (MEUs) - not the green wenie training other foreign units.

Except Guard/Reserve don't draw their pension until they turn 60, vice active duty who draw a pension as soon as they retire.

>Join the military not
>"Faggot ass Coast Guard"
>26 year Navy guy

Shut the fuck up boot

its all experience really, if you do a couple years as a military FF then applying in civilian departments will be way easier

Shipmate in the Navy, Boot is generally reserved for MC. Or JEW

Junior Enlisted Warriors

Mild Autist if you think its peace time. Must be a pog boot...

It depends on if you think you can become the person you want to be. The military produces some ideal people but it also produces some sub-par people. You'll need to embrace it and learn to listen. Not necessarily become exactly what they try to mold you into but find a person or two there that you can look to for a role model. From my experience people usually have a handful of good qualities about them. Recognize them and learn from them. Not everyone is perfect so also recognize their flaws.

Also the importance self-insight and taking ACTION to improve yourself can't be understated.

>...boot
That's funny faggot. I've pissed more salt water than you've sailed over. Get some time on the pond and then come talk to me.

join the army annon

Air force fag here and go ff in the air force for sure they got it so easy, currently in korea

if you want mil experience and you want to save lives then go into the AF to be a PJ. I was army and usually shit all over the AF but those mother fuckers are the real deal.

This is truth. I've never met a more hardcore group of bad asses.

I have read first hand reports from Airforce FF that they are made to shine and clean shit all day and run drill after drill without going on any real calls but suicides

Also, checked.

Former Marine here 0351
I feel like the military doesn't really teach discipline the way people think it does.
Are you disciplined cause you do stuff to avoid getting your ass chewed or to avoid extra duty? For example, the only reason everyone shows up to formations at 0530 is because they know if they don't, they're fucked. Is that really discipline? I was a good Marine too... yes sir no sir, could shoot, high scores on PFT/CFT and I could hump (hike) all day. But I only did it so I didn't catch shit like the rest of the idiots

I don't think that's discipline, that's just covering your own ass....

True. Don't know OP's situation, but that shouldn't be too much of an issue. Still presents itself as a good opportunity if one can be able to secure the FF position. Working his way through the NCO ranks along with a few deployments would help management skills vs doing 4 years active and leaving as an E-4.

I would but I hate heights and even shit like roller coasters give me a heart attack

>disipline, structure, hardwork
Coast Guard.

I would agree with you there as well, although it's hard to beat the pension I'm about to start pulling down in a month from active duty.

you will definitely learn how to fight fires if you dont already because everyone on that fucking ship is a firefighter from the deck swabbing seaman to the CO

OP You want to be a bad mother fucker. Join the fucking Untied Status Marin Crops. If not fuck you and fuck off. Look at who's the president. James motherfucking Mattis. All these niggers think Trump is president! FUCK NO! It's Mattis, Dunford, and Kelly leading this country. Get in now if you want to kill mother fuckers. If all you want is discipline, structure, adventure all that bullshit. Go Air Force. Now you want to get drunk, tattoos, kill motherfuckers, a mustang/camaro/challenger at 25% interest, a fat wife, and the urge to kill yourself literally 24/7 join the mother fucking Crops

Rah - 2/2 '11 here

SKATE
S- survey the scene
K- keep a low profile
A- avoid all highers
T- take NO initiative
E- enjoy yourself

Autism

Any reasons why you would suggest the coast guard for those things as opposed to another military branch?

get your EMT-B, at least, get hired at a full time department and you'll get the discipline that you want. don't forget about the CPAT

Yea, offing yourself is a huge thing in the MC, young dudes thinking shit will get better....

Nigger

>Untied Status Marin Crops
Topkek

That's what I thought. OP please be taking notes...

the secret is it gets better when your enlistment ends. somehow these guys can't wait that long and an hero instead

nice one

Aye aye, chief

only been in for 2 years but every coastie i've met has just seemed super mature and cool as shit, like they've really got life figured out and they're all pretty charismatic with smoking hot wives/girlfriends too.

not even kidding

>lol coast guard
>faggot

>military
>Coast Guard

pick one

Im fine with sucking a few dicks so im gonna join the Navy

OP please pay attention to whats happening in your thread. people actually spent 26 years in the Navy, Autism. (If that statement actually isn't a complete bullshit lie)

>military
>Coast Guard
>"pick one"
>Autism

OP, Autism is in every branch of the Military. It is not selective. You are an Autist if you have served in the military. Please look at your thread and consider the fact you may grow up to have Autism if you do anything anyone is telling you.

Join the Navy, they actually have firefighters, but really, everyone is a firefighter on the ship, if it goes down, you go down.

This. The coastguard is a joke. Do you really want to round up Cuban refugees on rafts and people that don't know how to operate a boat properly?

fuck this dickhead, i went from a high school diploma to a car, apartment, and job in less then 2 years thanks to the navy. and all i do is hand pills out in the pharmacy for 8 hours a day like a fucking civilian. plus sick benefits

I can second this, did a number of years in the Navy. If you actually want to get out and be a firefighter the Navy is the best choice. Everyone on the ship has to go through fire fighting training but the damage controlmen that is their actually job. They train more and get trained better than most civilian firefighters.

6 years Navy, I'm sure every branch has similar experiences. Pic related.

If you want discipline then go join the marines. You can also join as a officer of you have a bachelors degree.

That's what I've thought. Everywhere I look online or when I read experience reports 99 percent of people in the Coast Guard are cool, mature, have their shit together and are in for the right reasons. Out of the dozens of experience reports of the CG I looked at only one guy said he hated it. Even the bootcamp videos I looked at all the guys seemed like real alphas just by the look in their eyes. Whenever I see the other bootcamp videos of the other military branches... Well lets just say they make me lol and most look beta as fuck. Can you tell me more about why you like the coast guard and why you think it is a good choice?

i don't know much about the coast guard, just from the few dudes i've met they were all just great people. unfortunately for you, its likely that they were like that before they got in, not molded into it during.

I am a great person (by the words of other people) but I want to refine myself into an even greater person.

Im in the Marines. Shit sucks. But i hooked up with a qt3.14 Filipino trap because of it so it ain't to bad

Coastie here....do you like fixing bouies?!

Navy corpsman here. It's not so bad, plus you get to do stuff the civiian world would never let untrained idiots do. When I was 21 years old, I had to help assist in an emergency craniotomy.

Join the airforce if they will take you.

Thank me later

How did you figure out the percentage?

Get you some Navy and go for green side medic. You might up at 29 Palms with nothing to do but get haircuts and tattoos.

pog