What does

mu think of dire straits

good

bad

My dad's favorite band, along with Pink Floyd.

I like them. One of the better mainstream, general rock bands of the 70's and 80's.

>My dad's favorite band, along with Pink Floyd.
That's literally my dad's two favourite bands too. How 'bout that.

I can't even tell you how many times I've heard Sultans of Swing in my lifetime.

Probably one of the better dadrock bands as a whole. Brothers in Arms is a pretty good album, honestly. Gen X dads have listened to it a lot, so there's a lot of new folks here who will think "oh, my dad likes them".

Talking Heads and Dire Straits for my dad.

For me it's been Telegraph Road. I've grown to really love that song.

Listen to Wild West End and try to tell me that's not the coolest shit ever

Incredibly good. Mark knopfler should be on everybodies list of great rock guitarists.

I just threw that shit on. Thanks dude.

Sultans of Swing is something specifically for me, because my old man also plays guitar, and would play the song himself over and over inside the house, as well as listening to it.

That's how he learns to play songs. he just listens to them a million times and makes his own arrangement on a 12 string guitar. My French-Canadian dad who learned most of his English from bands like these.

I am glad my old man played and listened to music constantly around the house when I was a kid. I feel bad for people who have Dads with shit taste in Dadrock.

I feel the same way. A large part of my relationship with my dad has been bonding over music that he would constantly have playing around the house.

I hope you enjoy the song.

good comfy. I always listen to Sultans of Swing it comes on radio when driving

Oh, I know Telegraph Road. You just jogged my memory on how good it was.

I see.

GOAT Knopfler got me into playing guitar after seeing his Sultans of Swing Alchemy performance.

One of my favourite bands ever, Mark Knopfler is my favourite guitarist.

Making Movies > S/T > Love Over Gold > Brothers In Arms > Communique > On Every Street

Great, their debut is one of my faves. Knopfler isn't a great singer, but he's a fantastic melody guy. I was watching a video of him doing a blues lick effortlessly, and saying something like it's not his style then proceeding with a nice little melody. He just seems like a cool guy.

Knopfler's solo stuff is okay, too.

Sailing to Philadelphia is a good one.

The princess bride soundtrack was brilliant, desu.

would fucking dad with/10
my dad likes a few good dad rock bands but hates Pink Floyd and Dire Straits, i think because of his vehement opposition to weed
will never have a strong relationship with him cause of that among other things
still fun to get drunk with him sometimes

>Making Movies #1
my brother

Really? That sucks. I've gotten stoned with my old man plenty of times.

I like the song Romeo and Juliet