Anybody else impressed at how fast Despacito is becoming the most popular song of all time...

Anybody else impressed at how fast Despacito is becoming the most popular song of all time? It's going to beat See You Again pretty soon, and that song took 2 years to get to 2.9 billion views, whereas Despacito only took 6 months to get to 2.8 billion. It probably won't reached the 3 billion mark before See You Again, but it's really close.

Anyways, what do you think will be the next big song that'll get to 3 billion views in less than a year? Another non-English song? Actually yeah that's interesting, because both Gangnam Style and Despacito aren't English, and if it weren't for Paul Walker's death, which is what See You Again is about, I doubt it would have gotten this many views.

Why is this song so popular to begin with?

I'll take things that don't matter for 400, Alex.

I think because of how catchy it is, and in my opinion it's actually a good song. Even though I can't understand a thing they're saying.

I personally didn't like Gangnam Style because of how "loud" it was, but Despacito is something I could listen to in almost any situation and it would feel right.

Laying in bed or sitting at the computer? I can listen to the song and feel comfy.
At a house party or out clubbing? The song can be played and everyone can dance to it.

It works in every situation.

>How catchy it is
>I still can't hear it in my head
It's so forgettable. I've listened to it a few times and I can't remotely tell you what it sounds like.

>impressed
No, because people have shit taste in music.

Catchy to a wide variety of people
Upbeat dance beat without being too abrasive with enough of a tiny variation where it's not generic reggaeton beat
Smooth, slightly melodic rapping that gives it this sensual feel
The one part everyone knows can be sung along to, and it's said in a very stylish, smooth, and sensual way, too

I still haven't listened to it.

I am a morbidly curious person, so it's quite painful having to restrain myself from hearing what all the fuss is about.

it's barely even catchy. it's so cliched it makes me wanna die.

I hope its jazz

Me too.
If this is on some ad I accidentally catch I'm gonna be pissed.

So just listen to it?

This song is wonderful, I think that's why it's so popular

>Implying Hey Jude or Yellow Submarine aren't more popular

leave at once

I love that record you posted in the image, too. Is it too hard to love popular music?

It is on this shitty board.

i thought despacito was the name of the band..

You're free to love whatever you want, but posting on this board relinquishes any protection you may have against being lambasted.

And it seems like there's a despacito thread everyday. Maybe Sup Forums is in denial of how much they enjoy this song

The song is a bit like Hips Don't Lie.

Once it starts playing at a club/party/bar everyone, and I mean everyone, enjoys it and starts to dance if the venue is appropriate for that.

It's like, who the fuck wouldn't enjoy Hips Don't Lie? I'm 18 years old, and even though all of my friends who are also 18 were like 6 years old when the song came out, everyone loves it and it's like the peak/climax of the playlist of songs being played.

This board is a collective of delusional, elitist pricks. It hates anything associated with popularity.

I love this song. Usually yeah most ultra popular songs are trash but this one is genuinely good. Was surprised

this, it's not that bad it's just bland
I usually get why top 40 songs that get huge do so, this one just seems like it got lucky

>what are bots

poptimists need to fucking leave this board