Ok Sup Forums

Ok Sup Forums

I'm in year 12 in Australia, and many Australians will know what VCE is.

I really need some help. Is there anything I can do with an ATAR of below 30?

Any Australian anons in a similar situation/have been before?

How do I deal with it? Will I be an outcast? I don't want to become a bogan.

Study u dumb abo nigger

Shameless self bump

what is google

Here are my subjects if anyone's interested

English (General)
General Maths
Media
Chemistry
French Second Language
VET Laboratory skills

I've googled it, and it's all just fake self-help bullshit. I want someone who's actually experienced what I'm going through

Also checked

Another shameless self bump

Will lurk

do a trade like every other normal australian

Fuck no
Did a bit of tradie work for my uncle a few years ago, absolutely fucking hated it.

My atar was like 33 or some garbage
Go to tafe and study up to a diploma in literally anything (it's a fucking bludge targeted at retarded 50 year olds) and odds are it'll be enough for you to get entrance unto Uni

Yeah, heard about that method to get into uni
Thing is, my family's poor as shit

No ones going to offer me a scholarship

You have several options. Go to tafe and do a trade after VCE.

Or if you want to do uni do some diploma degrees that can be transferable into other degrees.

Or do a diploma

As a personal example I got a 42 for my atar and I wanted to get into bachellor of business which I needed a 70 for. So instead I did a Diploma of business at Uni which after completing it got the diploma and could use the credits from those subjects to basically say that I had done a first year in bachellor of business. I'm now in my third year of bachelor of business Majouring in Economics and Human resources.

It really depends on what kind of job you want really but I hope that helps.

your family is poor as shit? So was my cousins, he worked his ass off to pay for his uni. You chose to not put the hard yards in during school then you're going to have to grow up and deal with those consequences and work. Or you can do what I did and join the military - learn a trade or something through that whilst getting paid (if you can deal with getting shat on and told around for the first few months).

Get study allowance from centerlink

you suck nigga

do a bridging course at uni. Apply to some low tier bullshit like an arts degree, prove you can do uni for a while, then bridge over to a course that is worth something.

Also, you need to put some effort into your education. Real effort, don't just try and wing it. Read books, do your work, get some work experience...

It's hard, I know, but the endgame doesn't even start until you're 30 anyway

Finished year 12 in victoria. Atar of 24.somethin. now working in the mines made 91k financial year just gone. Got 9k back on my tax return too. About a month away from moving intot the house im building.
Atar doesnt mean shit unless you want to do something academic straight out of school. You can always go back to uni mature age anyway

yup same boat.

OP 12

Making 100k+

Ok so just fucking quit well theres no point now but you shouldve quitlas year and got working sooner i left at the end of year 11 and got a job and now im doing alright whillmy friends are doing trials for hsc

Im only 23 too. Mates all went to uni and have like 20k debts and shit and cant get jobs with their degrees cause they have no "life experience"

> 12 year
> posting on Sup Forums
Enjoy your ban kiddo

Yup- Bought my first house at 23 for $450k

Life is good.

Funny thing is most of my employees are uni students who think they're king shit but when the hit the real world... no fuckin idea.

Like the engineers who come underground and tell you how your meant to do your job. Just cause they can see it on a computer doesnt mean it works in the real fuckin world

Just go to TAFE

Many people in Yr 12 are 18, I knew a kid who came from new zealand and their grade 12 doesnt count in AUS so he had to do it again to go to uni. he turned 19 half way through the year

In Queensland and we have QCS which I think is similar, if you get a shit score there is ALWAYS backways into unis and stuff, do something at TAFE for a year then bridge to uni

Left school start year 11 was mad drug addict smoked pot and Meth.
Now 21 clean and apprentice chippy working on also casually welding fabricating
ATAR doesn't mean Jack shit you can become what ever you want it's all on YOU not what the government or school system think.

Just kill yourself

With an ATAR below 30, you're probably not cut out for uni as is, and chances are you'd hate it anyway.

I managed a 91 and am studying engineering at supposedly the best uni in the country for it. Most of the people I deal with on a day to day basis are socially inept, and the vast majority are international students with no idea what's going on. Uni is overrated as shit, and not worth the thousands of dollars of debt you end up with. If I wasn't already in my 5th year, I'd be heavily considering applying for an internship and trying to transition to full time work.

Get some decent skills, like a qualification or trade or 2, and find a decent paying job that you're ok with doing. I worked full time for 2 years before studying again and that was far more enjoyable. Academia is just a bunch of old dudes in suits and dumb hats swinging their self-righteous dicks around.

>What a glitch in this website.

watchml.olivesin.com

If you get an ATAR

SCSA says: try again next life.

If you don't do IB you don't have a hope in hell

Of what? Being a pretentious law faggot? Fuck off

Melb fag here.

Didn't finish high school, worked in bars for a few years, went to TAFE to study IT/Software dev, bingo bango bongo I am doing fine.

The pressure they put on you about your VCE score is bullshit, I think once you hit 23 or 25 you can mature age study whatever the fuck you want at uni (including med, law, etc.) without even needing a score. Don't stress out, get a fun job like bar work where you can get shitfaced after each shift with your workmates etc.

Life gets better after high school.

do a diploma qld ausfag herein y12 im on about op 10 which is like and 80 atar and im gnna do an engineering diploma to get into an op2 aero course

this. And 'mature age' is like 21 anyway. So who gives a fuck. Just chill, don't stress, live your life as it comes.

Uni is worthless, do a trade or join the army (if they let you in, apparently there only taking women for now). If you're struggling with VCE the ADF will break you and shape you into a semi-decent human. (From my own experience as an Army officer cadet in reserves)

I did exactly 0 homework and only 1 practice exam in all of VCE and got 80+. Pay attention in class, turns out the teachers are actually there for a reason. (Hint in the name of their profession)

Youd have to be a completely useless cunt if you can't get at least a 50 ATAR. They spoon feed you the whole way and if you seriously can't pay attention to things you don't like for even a couple of hours a day then you have no fucking hope anyway. Man the fuck up and finish the bitch with something over a 50.

/Thread

lol

Do the STAT test you can significantly gain higher entry rank with that. You may want to consider doing Certificate IV in Adult Tertiary Preparation. It is year 11/12 equivalency.

I don't know how you managed to end up with such a low rank. I got 86 and with my being poor on NEETbux and claiming abo and STAT I have 97

how the fuck, did you get an ATAR of less than 30? you literally need to get an average of less that 20% for you top 4 subjects?!? if you can't manage that, the best you can hope for is a Maccas manager

You can't get an ATAR without the completion of English ATAR you dumb nigger.